There are positives and negatives to staying at this resort. Let's start with the negatives:
1. Cleanliness is average. My room could have done with a proper clean, there were stains on the walls and the floors don't appear to get vacuumed, just swept. The furniture has wear and tear and some things just didn't work as they should have, eg. the small shower head didn't stay on, the clothes rack was broken, the handles came off the cupboard doors.
2. Common areas such as the stairwells were equally dirty with hair, litter and crap in most crevices.
3. Toiletries aren't great and it's a bit hit or miss if they get replenished.
4. Linen and towels are fairly worn but seem reasonably laundered.
5. Staff do not smile or speak fluent English. You have to smile at them first to get a smile back, strange as I don't remember Thailand being this way, so perhaps it is just the resort.
6. Front office staff attempted to talk me out of booking the free shuttle to Ya Nui beach one day, stating that Nai Harn was better. It's a matter of they do two daily shuttle trips to Nai Harn and various to Ya Nui so they couldn't be bothered. When I insisted, they did take me and as it turned out Ya Nui is far better than Nai Harn. Good news is that it's a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel so I opted to walk the other times I went there because having an argument about the shuttle was just not worth my time.
7. Room service food is fairly ordinary and it can be a challenge at times to communicate with the room service staff as their English is minimal.
8. Breakfast is repetitive and the section where you order eggs and hot food is like a takeaway/ cafeteria. Very no frills for a 4 star hotel. I was here 11 nights and could not look at the breakfast food half way through the stay as it was the same old, same old.
9. WiFi in the rooms is painfully slow. Try using it near the pool restaurant and on your balcony. It's virtually impossible to do much on the internet at times in your room.
10. Sun beds are a bit limited and the mattresses on the sun beds don't look very clean.
11. If you attempt to book an airport transfer through the hotel you will be asked to send them a copy of your credit card and your signature as they use a third party for the transfers. I used phuketshuttle.com as you can pay them in cash and there is no upfront payment. Cost is 850 Baht.
12. I was not given a late check out when I asked for one. The excuse I got was that they were fully booked. When I looked at various accommodation booking websites there was plenty of rooms available at the hotel for the extra night, so front office staff are apparently happy to lie to guests and not facilitate much if it doesn't suit them. Whilst I can appreciate that the housekeeping staff finish cleaning the rooms at a certain hour I don't appreciate being lied to. They did give me a fresh towel so I could shower before my late night flight but if you take that option you have to shower in the public toilets and there is no air conditioning in those toilets, meaning as soon as you step out of the shower you start sweating like a pig which makes getting dressed and ready rather uncomfortable. This left a sour taste in my mouth at check out especially as I stayed at the resort for 11 nights.
1. The resort is reasonably quiet and comfortable
2. Beds in the deluxe room are big
3. Deluxe rooms are big
4.Block out curtains are good
5.Pools and grounds are nice
6.They have lifts if you don't want to take the stairs
7.Close to shops, restaurants and laundry
8. Two free bottles of water per day in room
9. There is a great little bar/ restaurant called the Coconut bar about 100 meters up the road
10. Kims massage is about a 5 minute walk away and they do cheap massages/ reflexology
11. It's a 15 minute walk away from Ya Nui beach
12. They offer two free return shuttle trips during the week to Kata beach, these run on Tuesday and Friday nights
Would I stay here again? No I wouldn't. But for the money this resort isn't bad. It is in Rawai, which is very sleepy and does not have a swimming beach, so please consider that before you stay. If you have transportation or don't mind staying somewhere very quiet than it's good. If you want more restaurant/ bar/ shopping choices stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort is situated in a tranquil south west coast of Phuket- Rawai Beach. A four star resort featuring exquisite contemporary Thai decor and luxurious accommodation. Resort harmoniously surrounded by a selected enviropment & tranquil tropical garden. A short walking distance 200 meters from Rawai Beach, 5 minutes drives from Promthep Cape and 50 minutes from Phuket International Airport. Resort features a full service spa, 2 restaurant and 3 tier large free form swimming pool with pool up bar, a well-equipped fitness centre and beatiful landscape. Resort consists of 196 guest rooms. each spacious guestroom is elegantly decorated and furnished with high standard amenities, private balconies, ample seating area and luxurious bathrooms, designed for a relaxing and luxurious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rawai Palm Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rawai Palm Beach Hotel Rawai
- Rawai Palm Beach Resort Phuket