Our stay a Mangosteen was memorable for different reasons.
1. The pool area was fabulous and many an evening was spent loungeing by the pool with family and new friends we had made over the 7 days spent at the hotel.. Happy hour is at hotel rates so buy one get one free doesnt really apply, as the beer at the local bars are half the price. although is will say the svc from Mon and the team at the pool bar was great.
2. We had prepaid for breakfast for the whole week, Toast, Cereal and fresh fruit and juice were all smorgesboard style, Once seated you ordered your hot breakfast, the eggs were always perfect no matter which style you chose .. complements to the chef.
3. The side road to Mangosteen is in attrocious condition and you definately need a torch to navigate the potholes at night. This maybe a council problem as the driveway to Mangosteen was concreted although very steep to walk up.
4. We frequently ate at The Stoned Crab (approx 10-15min walk into the town) a lovely family bar and the food is to die for...This bar comes highly recommended.
5. We had a Garden Jacuzzi room. The room was good. The small TV was really old, a larger flatscreen on the wall would make all the difference. The Jacuzzi took for ever to fill and the shower handset was broken, but Loved the outdoor rain shower.
6. Friends stayed in the Royal Jacuzzi Room 302/303 ? which had some rotten floor boards and both phones fell apart...not a good look.
7.It cost us 500 baht to get a taxi called to the hotel, and only 200 baht to get one back to the hotel from the same dropoff point ... not sure who's pocketing the difference ?? walk down to the taxi stand at the end of the driveway.
I've stayed in 4star hotels and sadly this isn't one of them. I would rate this hotel a 3star at best. With a few changes this hotel could be a winner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The family owned and managed resort is unique in its style and location. With the owners always around, there is real boutique resort and personal touch to it, a perfect place for honeymooners or simply for romantic people avoiding the crowds. The resort mainly caters for adults, making sure the peaceful atmosphere remains uninterrupted at all times. Mangosteen is the only Resort in Phuket with a permanent, onsite Ayurveda Doctor. He is the architect and mastermind of all treatments, consults and surveys progress of your cure and leads the team to make your spa visits a success. At the Mangosteen Resort, guests can spoil themselves with a luxury holiday, combining this wonderful experience with real health benefits under professional supervision! The restaurant specializes in authentic home-style cooked Thai Cuisine and Mediterranean delights. Everything is freshly prepared, which means it does sometimes take a bit longer. Special requests are always welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Mangosteen Hotel Rawai
- Mangosteen Hotel Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa Phuket/Rawai