Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa
Sunsuri Phuket(Nai Harn)(Great Value!)
US$304
US$102
Navatara Phuket Resort(Rawai)(Great Value!)
US$59
Baan Krating Phuket Resort(Rawai)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$49
  • Breakfast included
Rawai Palm Beach Resort(Rawai)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$54
Agoda.com
The Vijitt Resort Phuket(Rawai)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$152
The Windmill Phuket Hotel(Nai Harn)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$58
Agoda.com
THE NAI HARN(Nai Harn)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$124
Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket(Rawai)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$63
Phu NaNa Boutique Hotel(Rawai)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$36
US$49
US$32
1,034 results
All reviewssales pitchholiday clubgroupon voucherjacuzzi villahappy hourpool barno pressureoutdoor bathroomnai harn beachlocal beachrelaxing holidayfree shuttleturn rightan upgradespent a weekhired a scooterhuge bed
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We had a great stay here. The resort is beautiful. The pool is magnificent with views of the ocean and hills. The villas are spacious, clean and very comfortable. We had a few problems with a couple of things but they were attended to very quickly and resolved. The maintenance staff were very helpful. We were greeted by Edz, he made us feel welcome and informed us about how the resort operates. We appreciated having this time to get orientated. We found all staff polite and eager to assist. We thoroughly enjoyed swimming in the pool and with the ample number of sunbeds we could always find a spot to soak up the sun. It was very peaceful. We took advantage of the spa package and it was well worth it. The Ayurveda Doctor is very knowledgeable and professional. His staff are very well trained and do a beautiful massage. I never wanted the hour to end, it was so enjoyable. Everyone must experience this spa while they stay here!!!!
We were a disappointed at the prices in the restaurant for beverages. We had pre-paid for the buffet dinner on the Thursday night and on the night my partner had a fruit punch (non alcholic) and i had a small bottle of water and we were charged 350 Baht, that is approx $12 AUD. Now i know this is a 5 star resort but the water is 10 baht at the shop and we expect a mark up but this was extortion. This is the only criticism we have of the place.
We organised transport from the airport via the resort which saved us from the craziness outside the airport. We were very grateful we pre-organised that.
We stayed on a coupon and got the dates we requested, we found reservations very helpful. Our talk with the resort sales member was fine and very relaxed. Dont be put off by booking because of the sales push.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed here in the last week of November 2013 for our 'rest week' after 2 weeks of exploring Thailand & enjoyed it thoroughly. This is not the best resort to use as a base for exploration of Phuket, but definitely the best to unwind & relax.
We purchased a Grabone voucher (NZ) and were extremely happy with the exceptional value for money this voucher gave us. We weren't asked to upgrade & had no desire to as we loved the more natural & rustic feel of the garden villa after a series of modern 'western' style hotels. Our room was large, spacious, very private & I adored the outdoor shower. The pool area & restaurant are perfectly positioned & many hours were spent on the pool island with a happy hour cocktail (or three) enjoying the water & admiring the view.
Some may consider the Restaurant a little pricey however it is a resort, not a street side diner, and I felt the prices were appropriate for the type of restaurant it is (and it was still cheaper than a restaurant meal at home). I found the prices here no different to other similar hotels. We only ate dinner there twice (as a treat) but I loved the meals I had. The rest of the time we strolled down the alley to the local restaurants which were delicious (and extremely cheap).
We were a little apprehensive about 'the breakfast' after reading reviews here but went with an open mind & enjoyed that also. We ate until we could fit no more in & enjoyed chatting to Lee. He showed us around the resort which I saw as a bonus as we got to have a look at rooms & areas we wouldn't have got to see otherwise (I love a good nosey). The holiday club sounds good too but you're only likely to be interested if you plan on doing some big trips in the next few years. It wasn't for us but we never felt pressured in any way. The free breakfast more than made up for the small amount of holiday club talk & I was left confused as to why some people have made such a big deal about it on here.
We found the staff lovely and eager to please. They weren't always perfect (they are human) but I thought they all did exceptional jobs & always delivered.
For those who are heading there soon, please don't be put off by any negative comments & the owners responses on here, all it will do is make you look for a 'bad part' & certainly ruin your break. I believe a lot of the negative guest comments on here are due to pre-conceived ideas about the resort based on reviews here & we experienced the poor reception staff checking in guests who arrived already angry & attacking them from what they'd read here.
This resort has a high rating despite the negative comments and it is deserved.
All in all, a very enjoyable stay & we'll definitely recommend this resort for those wanting a nice relaxing, peaceful break away from it all.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We came here using a groupon voucher and we were so glad we did. When we first saw the place we were amazed because we've never stayed at a place of this standard before. We loved our room when we got there especially the private jacuzzi tub in the outside area. The service was good when we wanted something but seen as we didn't use too many of the resort services (restaurant/bar) we didn't have much to complain or enjoy.. we prefer enjoying the local restaurants. The free massage was very nice and the pool area was relaxing, clean and comfortable. Loved our week in Phuket!

Room Tip: Choose the room with the private Jacuzzi tub.
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I had the pleaser of staying at this beautiful resort with my partner we were here for about 6 days and this was the second part of our holiday. I was looking forward to this so much to be able to relax before coming back to Australia. When we turned up we were greeted very nicely. Our room was beautiful I loved the shower. The outside was very nice as well. The TV was very small and out-dated.

We decided to pay upfront and book a table for the Thai food lovers night. When we got there we had to wait for someone to come and help us be seated even when we did book a table we had to wait for them to put a table together when we booked for a outside table. we then had to wait for our drink which was only off putting because we older couple being seated quite fast with a take already and a drink imminently while we had to wait. I was getting very frustrated because we had to wait and wait and even though the dinner was nice they took forever to remove our finished plates while the people in in front had someone there all the time. This was only frustrating because we did book a few days before and had a bad experience for the whole night.

We also got a free massage for 30 minutes. We arrived 5 minutes early and was taken straight to a room, the massage was very good. It wasn't too hard but it only went for 15 Min NOT 30. wasn't sure why... we weren't late and they couldn't speak very good English and didn't understand so we left it. This was disappointing.

We thought the food was a little expensive compared to others we had. I am not talking about the street food I am talking about the good quality food we got from our other hotel which was a 4* as well the food price to the quality wasn't the best that this is my experience I had.

When we checked out they did try to charge us for some items from the mini bar which we didn't use any, it was a mistake that did take 10 minutes to fix which was annoying because we had a car waiting for the airport. We also got told that local calls we wouldn't get charged for but we did not sure why very annoying.

Overall this is a very lovely hotel it is so beautiful I enjoyed the pool and room was very lovely. Most of the staff were lovely but didn't have the best experience. I'm not saying that all Thai people are like this because they are not most of them are so helpful and wonderful this is just our experience at this hotel. Wouldn't stay here again because although the hotel is lovely in my experience its the service that makes the hotel. But as I said this is OUR experience wit this hotel.

3  Thank Sophc11
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My partner and I stayed her for a week in mid November this year. We used a Groupon voucher, which made the stay itself incredibly cheap (about $220AUD for a week),
To break down the stay:

**Service**
The staff in the restaurant, bar and spa were all extremely friendly and helpful. Especially the bar - they were all smiles and very talkative.
Reception staff let the resort down in this area. One or two appeared to speak minimal English, the ones that did speak English well were not very friendly and seemed quite aloof. I remember one morning as I walked past and said 'good morning', one of the reception ladies said 'good morning! Do you need a taxi?' with a smile on her face, and when we replied no, the smile immediately dropped from her face and she turned and looked in the other direction. Would she have got a commission from calling a taxi for us? It seemed that way.
Anyway, all in all, service was 3/5, would have been 4/5 if the reception staff were of the same quality as the rest of the staff.

**Value**
If this was scored based on the cost of the room only, it would be 5/5. The normal prices of he rooms are about $200 per night which I would consider slightly expensive.
The bar prices are average. Drinks are half price during happy hour (about 3 hours a day), which makes them cheap.
Restaurant prices are expensive even by Australian standards if you don't use coupons (which we didn't do). Buffet breakfast was over $25 PP, dinner was better value. 2/5

**Sleep Quality**
Beds are enormous - at least a super king. Very quite rooms, no road traffic, music or loud guests. 5/5

**Cleanliness**
All rooms, gardens and pool seem to be maintained daily by a large amount of staff. Rooms may have been swept but were not mopped. 4/5

**Location**
Mixed feeling about the location. On the positive side, because of it's distance from more touristy spots, it's extremely quiet and perfectly suited to couples (which the resort caters to) who are happy to mainly stay at the resort.
On the negative side, it's remote. It's about 45min to Patong beach and about 20mins to Kata beach. Also, the road between the resort and the main road is bad. Really bad. I know this is not the resorts fault, but its worth mentioning that it's all pot-holes and although Phuket may be a safe place, the road is unlit and feels extremely creepy. I wouldn't walk it at night.
I'm rating the location as 3/5 because my partner and I were there as a 'couples' holiday. If I was there on a more partying focused holiday, it'd be a lower score.

**Rooms**
Great. Very large and nicely appointed. Showers are interesting, however the resort should consider putting some curtains in the bathroom. It opens to your own private courtyard but even though its fenced, because some of the units are higher on the hill, it feels like they can see in. To what people are saying, yes the TVs are old and small, but who cares. You don't go to Phuket to watch TV. 3/5.

**Spa**
Nice. Staff were friendly and prices were extremely reasonable. The lady who massaged me had hands like superman. I didn't know a petite, middle aged woman could possess such strength. 4/5.

**Restaurant**
As above, I believe the prices were expensive but the quality of the food was good. The atmosphere was nice enough. 4/5

Some people have said that they were bothered by timeshare salesmen during their stay. We were only approached one time and when we said that we were not interested, they accepted this and didn't speak about it again. Even made chit-chat later in our stay and there didn't appear to be any hard feelings although it was kind of uncomfortable at times in the restaurant for breakfast watching 5 tables of guests each with an English guy trying to do the slow sell to them.

Final score: 3.5 stars (set as 4 stars are TripAdvisor doesnt allow half stars.

To the Mangosteen manager;
I know you're probably going to respond to this as you do to all review, but let me say this; this review is an opinion. MY opinion, which I'm entitled to.
I have every intention of eventually returning to Phuket and quite possibly staying at your resort again. If your response is dismissive of what I've said or is condescending I guarantee you we will never stay with you again.

2  Thank TrollDolll