We arranged our stay via the Groupon deal and from "our own experience", can dismiss any of the negative reviews, which we had read up on prior to staying.
The resort is amazing, so well kept, friendly and attentive staff, excellent restaurant at all times of the day, relaxing pool and bar area (Happy Hours deals were good) and a wonderful Spa with huge assortment of treatments. The room (114) was pure luxury, from the comfortable beds, everything kept spotlessly clean, to the outdoor shower and jacuzzi, outdoor seating and hammock on the balcony, a pure luxury relaxation accomodation!
The stay dates we wanted did not exactly match the "deal" dates initially, but the management were great and put together some very accomodating options that did suit us. They offered the collection service from airport also prior to arrival, which we didn't take up but from a convenience and cost side, works out failry reasonable, especially to a first time traveller to Thailand. The resort & restaurant/bar staff were excellent, so friendly and always attempted to make our stay as effortless as could be. The room service was prompt and the food arrived hot and to restaurant quality.
We had Richard meet us for the breakfast "sell" that so many previous have commented on. He explained the Holiday Club and showed us around the resort, we gave him our current situation (that does not suit us joining the club) and that was that, no hassle, no harassment, no pressure, a very likeable gent who further advised and helped us later in the week regarding booking and recommending day trips.
Kata Beach/ Town is only a taxi ride away (400 Baht/ 15 mins) and the Resort runs a free coutesy bus, three times per day, to the beautiful Nai Harn Beach. A short walk from the resort is Rawai, it was convenient for anything we required, a nice town but there was never a feeling to want to leave the resort.
If and when I plan a return to Thailand, The Mangosteen will be high up on my search options and I would have no hesitation in returning myself or recommending it as a place to stay for a rest & relaxation trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The family owned and managed resort is unique in its style and location. With the owners always around, there is real boutique resort and personal touch to it, a perfect place for honeymooners or simply for romantic people avoiding the crowds. The resort mainly caters for adults, making sure the peaceful atmosphere remains uninterrupted at all times. Mangosteen is the only Resort in Phuket with a permanent, onsite Ayurveda Doctor. He is the architect and mastermind of all treatments, consults and surveys progress of your cure and leads the team to make your spa visits a success. At the Mangosteen Resort, guests can spoil themselves with a luxury holiday, combining this wonderful experience with real health benefits under professional supervision! The restaurant specializes in authentic home-style cooked Thai Cuisine and Mediterranean delights. Everything is freshly prepared, which means it does sometimes take a bit longer. Special requests are always welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Mangosteen Hotel Rawai
- Mangosteen Hotel Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa Phuket/Rawai