We also took advantage of a Scoupon deal at an amazing price. We had read all the reviews and I must say we were just a little concerned that we might be hounded by the guys selling holidays from the Mangosteen. We were wrong. All of the guys seemed really nice and Richard, who looked after us, was friendly, thoroughly explained the plan to us and when we explained why it wasn't for us at the moment, he wasn't pushy at all. The staff at the hotel were all very efficient and friendly and if you're looking for a romantic getaway, this is the place to go. A little tuk tuk will take you to the beach each day and I would recommend you do this. We spent many days at the beach and it was just perfect. White sand, clear water, mmmmm. I would also suggest you take the trip to Phuket Town market. Perhaps share a taxi with a few others like we did. Fabulous food and not at all like the salespeople at Patong. Everything about our week was perfect but unfortunately just a little glitch when we were leaving. Unfortunately the slippers in our room were missing and I know we left with the hotel staff thinking we had taken them. We didn't even see the slippers, let alone use them. We wanted the staff to check our bags as we were leaving and they declined, which I can understand, but that would have been the only way of showing we didn't have the slippers. Guess that will be a black mark against our name and I felt awful leaving without the issue being resolved. My only advice would be to check the inventory each day; something we didn't do. That aside, a fabulous place to stay; good food, delightful staff, fabulous views and a magnificent pool. We'd love to go back again - if we're allowed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa, Phuket. Located near Nai Harn Beach in the South of Phuket, Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa sits on a private hillside. This adult only Boutique Resort offers high standards of personalized service in a secluded and serene environment. Only 41 villa style rooms ensure privacy and tranquility. The rooms are designed as a "home away from home" by Interior Designer John Underwood to ensure guests have a most enjoyable stay. Surrounded by tropical gardens, each Villa feels like a piece of private paradise. Private Villa gardens offer a Jacuzzi tub. Enjoy the breathtaking views of the Andaman Sea and Phuket Island. All units are generous in space. The center of the resort consists of the 680 sqm free form pool, the Restaurant, the Lounge Bar and the Ayurveda Destination Spa. A free shuttle service is offered to the guests to make the short trip to Nai Harn beach, one of the best beaches in Phuket and Asia. Your unique Ayurveda Destination Spa Resort near Phuket's best beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Mangosteen Hotel Rawai
- Mangosteen Hotel Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa Phuket/Rawai