After a long trip from New Zealand, my wife Natalya and I were happy to reach the resort. Our first impressions were very good, nice meet & greet cocktail at reception, well presented staff, beautiful surroundings and of course the spectacular swimming pool.
The room was spacious, well appointed and with the unique outside shower, truly made for a comfortable yet special stay.
Rooms are a base of course and we were happy with the view from the windows of the sea and beyond whilst staying in excellent comfort.
The restaurant delivered up a very nice buffet selection for breakfast, with a Western / Thai mix daily, there was plenty there to satisfy all tastes.We waited to test the buffet before buying the special for the duration of our stay of seven days, The Mangosteen gratefully obliged and backdated our special to include the breakfast we had already eaten not at the special price. Nice!
There were several themes during our stay for meals and both Natalya and I enjoyed the 5 Gems of Asia, we also loved the attention given when dining at the candle lit dinner. Same same..Nice!
Another of the many features at the resort is the Ayurveda spa, my wife and I enjoyed the relaxing massage followed up by a swim in the pool.
Happy hours are a great way to meet other guests at the resort and to make new friends. With the owners of the resort often in attendance along with other staff members, not only the drinks flow freely, but so does the conversation making for a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Many were the times where other guests and ourselves stood at the pool bar chatting away about all happenings in the world and many friendships were made at these times. In fact, it is a fabulous way to break the ice with other guests, so long may it stay.
The Mangosteen offers up many events like elephant trekking, a visit to a monkey show though the highlight of our trip was the boat excursion booked through the resort to Phi Phi island. Awesome!! This is a must do and booking through the resort simplifies the process from the taxi pick up to the drop off after.
Other highlights include the weekend markets where bargains abound so is also a must do and last but by no means least are the wonderful sand filled beaches in the area, our favourite was Ngai Harn, a wonderful warm white sandy beach settled in the heart of paradise.....true bliss.
This was our first trip to Phuket and now, thanks to The Mangosteen, we will be returning back there often.
As far as recommendations go, we highly recommend The Mangosteen as a fresh, relaxing and friendly resort to stay at, all that's left to do is go and book and enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa, Phuket. Located near Nai Harn Beach in the South of Phuket, Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa sits on a private hillside. This adult only Boutique Resort offers high standards of personalized service in a secluded and serene environment. Only 41 villa style rooms ensure privacy and tranquility. The rooms are designed as a "home away from home" by Interior Designer John Underwood to ensure guests have a most enjoyable stay. Surrounded by tropical gardens, each Villa feels like a piece of private paradise. Private Villa gardens offer a Jacuzzi tub. Enjoy the breathtaking views of the Andaman Sea and Phuket Island. All units are generous in space. The center of the resort consists of the 680 sqm free form pool, the Restaurant, the Lounge Bar and the Ayurveda Destination Spa. A free shuttle service is offered to the guests to make the short trip to Nai Harn beach, one of the best beaches in Phuket and Asia. Your unique Ayurveda Destination Spa Resort near Phuket's best beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Mangosteen Hotel Rawai
- Mangosteen Hotel Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa Phuket/Rawai