First thing I will mention is that the service is very good, staff is always very friendly and ready to help. Stayed this way for the duration of our 7 day stay, however they seemed understaffed at dinner service. Front desk is always ready to book trips for you and to give advice on where to go, and they helped us quite a lot.
Second and very important, if you like authentic Thai food, don't eat there. Really, don't. Our last day there, we had a late flight and had already checked out, so the only option was to grab dinner at the resort before the airport. I thought, "great, last opportunity for a good Thai dinner!" - but I can taste my disappointment til today. I regret ordering from the Thai menu, for the price of which, I could have had 3 seafood dinners at Number 6. :) I might have had a better meal if I picked a nice steak instead.
Gorgeous resort with trees and wildlife all around - birds, frogs, bugs, lizards! Lots of them!
The location itself, takes you quite close to Rawai Beach and Coral Island. BUT it is 1 hour or so away from the airport, 45 mins away from Patong and Town. This is absolutely fine though if you are the type to stay in and enjoy the resort facilities, otherwise, the taxi fares to anyway will drain your wallet slowly and steadily. I think I came for a different sort of trip and simply should have picked a location closer to what I wanted to do.
During our stay there, we met some strong winds that was enough to blow away parts of our ceiling. Garden Room ceiling, not bedroom, so it wasn't that big of a deal. We received free massage sessions when the staff discovered it.
One thing I do take as a full negative point against the resort - is that they started renovations of a neighboring villa during our stay. This was a villa right in front of our front porch. 7 or so workers there. They started drilling and banging on nails at 8 AM. No good at all.
Finally, wifi access was spotty. Works in the lobby, drops in the room. It is free though, so can't complain.
So - to summarize, the resort is just beautiful. The staff is lovely. But it just isn't right for me and the way I like to spend my time. I do not doubt that many others will love it though. (Just do not eat Thai food there. Don't do it.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The family owned and managed resort is unique in its style and location. With the owners always around, there is real boutique resort and personal touch to it, a perfect place for honeymooners or simply for romantic people avoiding the crowds. The resort mainly caters for adults, making sure the peaceful atmosphere remains uninterrupted at all times. Mangosteen is the only Resort in Phuket with a permanent, onsite Ayurveda Doctor. He is the architect and mastermind of all treatments, consults and surveys progress of your cure and leads the team to make your spa visits a success. At the Mangosteen Resort, guests can spoil themselves with a luxury holiday, combining this wonderful experience with real health benefits under professional supervision! The restaurant specializes in authentic home-style cooked Thai Cuisine and Mediterranean delights. Everything is freshly prepared, which means it does sometimes take a bit longer. Special requests are always welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Mangosteen Hotel Rawai
- Mangosteen Hotel Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa Phuket/Rawai