“Life changing”
Review of Phuket Cleanse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rawai
Phuket Cleanse
Ranked #1 of 93 Speciality Lodging in Rawai
London
“Life changing”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I had been suffering from back problems and and new it was related to general health issues. Being a professional musician (piano player) i was finding that my health situation brought me to an absolute stand still at the end of 2011, I dropped all my work, grabbed a backpack and decided to go to Thailand as the weather around winter (my hometown of London is grim this time of year!), cost of living, food and beautiful culture attracted me greatly. I had been researching many options around the world to find a good place to concentrate on getting healthy.

From the first moments I spoke to Mel (the co-owner) i knew i would be in good hands, her caring, expertise and a general feeling that she was passionate about helping came across even in the first conversations and despite being the busiest and hardest working person ive ever met, she offered arrange a meeting in a settlement called Nai Harn (which was a wonderful mix of Expats from around the world integrating seamlessly with Thai communities) to talk through what was on offer and what might suit my needs.

I thought about staying for a few weeks to try it and get a kick start, but the mix of people there, tailored exercise/diet and wellbeing classes available meant that i stayed for nearly two months!!! I learnt so much about how to eat, Yoga, strength training, Muai Thai. I lost allot of weight, was running, cycling and swimming further and with greater ease than i ever had, and whilst some of the sessions were tough (i began to look forward to the tough stuff more and more throughout my stay), there was always support from others, some of the best massage to ease aches and pains, yummy healthy food and adventures into the hills, boat rides to Islands and great entertainment at different venues in Nai Harn, that meant progress was smooth and seamless. I made loads of friends, and if there is one negative about the whole experience its that as my old life and responsibilities beckoned me home, I couldn't stay there forever!!!!

These guys work magic for your body and mind, and whatever your ailments,/predicament /curiosity about healthier lifestyle, that brings you here, you will find a space to heal at your own pace and with better support than you could have ever imagined. Even though this helped me get more than back on track i will be back as soon as i can to learn more.

Room Tip: I stayed some of the time on site and also looked around Nai Harn to find a short term rental for bu...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank 000George000

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I did the 30 day detox with the guys from Phuket Cleanse and by the time I finished, I felt like a completely new person. It was without doubt one of the best things I've ever done and an amazing journey of self-discovery. Before I started, I was a total couch potato and although I always had the best intentions to 'be healthy', I was forever getting sidelined by burgers, chips, alcohol and TV. The thought of doing 30 days of exercise, vegan eating and just the mental discipline involved to pull it off was more than daunting. But the guys at Phuket Cleanse were incredible - the amount of support I got from everyone, from Mel and Stanton right the way through to the personal trainers and the chefs, helped me get from one day through to the next and as the weight started to drop off (I lost 6 kilos) they all got so excited at my progress it made me feel like a star. If you're looking to detox, to lose weight, to increase your fitness or just give yourself a general overhaul, this is by far and away the best place to do it. Not only will you have a whole team behind you every single step of the way who don't just support you but also make it tonnes of fun, but you're in the most beautiful location you could imagine. Absolutely 5 star in every single aspect, I couldn't recommend it more.

I did a daily blog of my experience with Phuket Cleanse so if you want to check it out and find out more about how a detox affects you, what it's like to go through such a drastic change in diet and exercise, and how it makes you feel by the end of it, then check out http://katalinavonfabergesdetoxdiary.wordpress.com/

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Kat B
, Owner at Phuket Cleanse, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Thank you for the very kind words. We love how your 30-day cleanse was long enough to change some of the deep-seeded habits. And your results did inspire other customers as well as our staff. You were and continue to be an inspiration to us.
Mel
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I arrived in Phuket to do some Thai boxing training. When I heard of the Phuket Cleanse and met the people involved, I found them to be very warm and welcoming, their approach to running a business feels more like taking a holiday with people that are good friends. You don't really see a business being run, you see a group of people wanting you to be healthy and happy.

After signing up and doing a week of the program I felt like I was among family. I miss them terribly now. The food is the most amazing healthy, delicious and diverse I have have ever come across. Who could imagine what you can do with raw vegan food, and everyone can do it as cooking classes are included in the program.

I have been on this vegan diet for the last 5 months and alone without exercise I have lost 10kg from 95kg, in one week eating raw and doing vigorous and enjoyable exercise I lost a further 3kg. I bared witness to man loose close to 5kg in a week and all done in a very healthy manner, where it can be adopted as a lifestyle rather than just a holiday detox.

Thanks guys
Scott

Room Tip: More than just a room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Scotto0210
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Dear readers

I spent a superb and unforgettable 2 weeks in the arms of Phuket Cleanse , within the ambiance of Thailand's warm climate and lovely sunshine .

the retreat is situated in a area that feels just right , small village centers near by and phuket itself is laden with jungles and beaches .

The raw food is by far the most wonderful treat as the chefs apply their creativity in delicious and healthy ways .
Many fun and new . exercise regimes to work out to . especially for those who want to drop a few pounds asap . Thailand's climate lends itself well to . sweating out easily
hot yoga , i would recommend to all.

This is a good place to be swept up by the positivity and quantum jumped comfortably into your skin and soul . in perfect balance . knowing that our inner journey really counts as well

Phucket cleanse nurtures what we call life , and a place for the individual to find their innate strengths , under the will fire of good care. and lovely white sheets.

thank you for such a lovely time .

Jessica J Shackleton

Room Tip: all the rooms are lovley ! the salt pool is divine !
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank jessica s
, Owner at Phuket Cleanse, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us. Yes, the saltwater pool is a big bonus and our customers enjoy it every day. Safe travels to you and hurry back for another visit.
Mel
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I've just returned from the most perfect holiday!

I only heard about Phuket Cleanse by chance, because a Facebook friend was posting these awesome pics of her doing kickboxing & yoga, while staying in this the beautiful villa, and exclaiming how wonderful she felt!

Back in Sydney, I'd been dealing (unsuccessfully) with a few major life hurdles (2 family deaths, & a break-up), and wasn't feeling good about Anything in life. So, to fix this feeling, I decided to try the same health & fitness holiday as my friend, which turned out to be the best decision I have ever made!!

Being a steak-a-night kind of guy, I wasn't too sure how the raw food would be, but I was blown away by how delicious ALL of the meals were - especially the desserts!! Everything is so fresh & delicious, & most surprising of all, completely uncooked!
I'm now completely addicted to making fresh juices each morning!

Over my 2 weeks staying at Phuket Cleanse, the staff became like family & dear friends - many of whom I still chat with on Facebook now! The same can be said about many of the guests staying there too! I swear this place attracts the most interesting & diverse people!

Since returning to life in Sydney, I'm once again feeling great myself. My close friends here noticed a remarkable change in me - I look healthier and am fitter too, but most important is that I feel happy about life again. :)

I'm looking forward to returning to Phuket Cleanse later in the year, only this time I'll be joined by a couple of friends, all of whom are eager for this experience!

Don't think - Just book it!! :D

Room Tip: I stayed in the pool villa & Loved it!! Was HUGE! The other rooms I saw were awesome too, but...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank SimonEdds
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I was privileged to spend 2 weeks at Phuket Cleanse and i have to say it was absolutely amazing in so many ways. First there was our host Melonie and Simone both where so inspiring and intuitive and very understanding. Melanie is just so incredibly creative the way she comes up with raw Thai dishes on the spot or health and beauty products. Everyday is like Christmas there because you never know what fascinating thing Melonie would share or come up with. Her products where always inspired by her desire to not waste anything from the kitchen. i like the idea of being able to eat what i can put on my body in an age where we are surrounded by so many scary chemicals for the body. Melanies products also really work and did wonders for my skin and hair even wounds to bug bites on the body.

Then there is the staff and our chefs, they are all so sweet, beautiful, loving and eager to satisfy your food craving. Your thoughts and opinions really matter to them and they will go out of their way to make the dish of your dreams. Even though its 100% raw i was full there is always this concern for people who have not experienced raw food before they think how can i get full and satisfied well prepare to be astounded.

The work out regime was most impressive and intense but worth it when i saw the results of my body. Not only did i lose weight but so did everyone else who was there with me, i saw people have dramatic transformations on all levels of their being and i was so impressed i wanted to interview them about there story and experience they had at Phuket Cleanse as i felt i had stumbled upon a treasure that i could not wait to share with the world.

i also loved the meditations of quantum jumping, the field trips, the one legged pigeon with a heart of gold. I also loved my room it was beautiful clean spacious and had a really good internet connection. Oh and the salt water pool that i could open my eyes in and not feel any burning.
the people that come here are also most impressive and conscious. i could go on and on about this place but i suggest you not take my word for it come see it for yourself as its really something one has to experience to believe.

thank you so much phuket cleanse i am so glad to see a place like this that is so cutting edge in health on all levels.

jessica schab, writer and speaker
warm embrace laced in grace
www.jessicamystic.com

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jessica s
Shanghai Region, China
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This is my first review on Tripadvisor after using Tripadvisor for years to guide my way to which hotel or resort I would stay at.

This place is a detox, sort of, in the best sense. I like raw beef and bacon macaroni & cheese. But I don't miss it here. The food is really good and healthy and not more than something like 500 or 800 calories per day, but you feel really full. On top of just being a nice place with good service with a pretty nice facility, the management is not over the top new age pushing mystical charms and crystals. They are basically very chill and make you feel as if you are staying with your nice cousins showing you (pick based on your culture) US Southern, Persian, Korean, hospitality. It's very nice and laid back in this way.

I am going to re-write this review when I get a bit more awake (about to hit the hay) to try to do this place some justice if you are on the "let's take a fun, relaxing, healthy holiday and it'd be like staying with the cool cousins who show the very nice hospitality".

More on this later when I update this review.

Room Tip: Try to stay at the villas on site. Don't expect to stay in the middle of girly bars trying to ma...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Honey_Bear_989
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
Navatara Phuket Resort
#2 of 327 in Patong
Trisara
Trisara
#2 of 96 in Thalang District

Been to Phuket Cleanse? Share your experiences!