“Premier class”

Price range: US$7 - US$21
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

The owner + waitress moved tables outside to accommodate our large family group. We had a good selection from the menu to taste all the dishes - all of them were fresh, well presented + tasty. Special mention for tuna tartare, grilled prawns + smoked assorted fish. The bar next door was a little noisy - but other than that we had a perfect meal.

1  Thank Andy P
There are newer reviews for Baan pla Rawai Bouillabaisse

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great flavoured french food in Rawai. Home made smoked fish, calamari Provençal and the fish soup is amazing. Nice wine by the glass. Generous hospitality by owners Fabienne and Germain make dining here a great experience.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Baan Pla Surin Bouillabaisse in Rawaii. We had a platter of a selection of smoked fish: Tuna, Baracuda, Plain Salmon, and Salmon with black pepper as "degustation". The flavors were amazing and very fresh! Then we had "Calamares a la Provencale" with yellow rice and a platter of sauerkraut with fish, shrimp, and mussels served with a light cream sauce.
All in all the experience was very pleasant and the owner Mr. Germain was very hospitable and explained each plate to us. It's worth mentioning that the smoked fish is smoked in-house and all the platters are freshly made. Whether you're a tourist or a resident in Phuket, it's worth eating at Baan Pla.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

After reading the trip advisor reviews we thought we where in for something special , standard food with ok service .
Take your mozzie repelant .
Much better french restaurants in Rawai

1  Thank williambeachboy
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I had the chance to try many specialties at this restaurant. Home made smoked salmon, fantastic smoked Tuna just braised on both side with delicious ratatouille. The King Mackerel Salad is also something I never found anywhere else...just perfect....and if you are not sure, then I can only recommend you to try L'Assiette du Chef and you get to taste a little bit of everything.(they have both seafood and meet, but I tried only the seafood)
I am french, and having the opportunity far from home to be welcomed like a special guest by both the owners Germain and Fabienne made the visit something very special. You can even find a Pastis (aperitif from South of France)
I understand that they have just newly open this new restaurant in Rawai...nicely decorated, perfect service, and always a big smile on the owners face when he sees how much you love his food. Prices and quantities served are reasonable.
If you look for something special, where the owners love to cook and even more to make their guest having an unforgivable moment....then Baan Pla Rawai is for you !!! Highly recommended....and I will be back.

1  Thank Eric_Coste