“Fantastic”
Review of Oasis ed. Phuket

Oasis ed. Phuket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A truly unique experience for visitors & residents of Phuket, our Workshops, Classes and Courses are in an ever growing range of subjects, including Art, Photography, Cooking, Craft, Thai Culture, Writing and much more! Classes are held in various venues all over Phuket and we can also arrange Private Tuition at your Villa/Bungalow/Resort. We welcome visitors, residents, everyone of all ages and interests! We can also tailor activities for your party, event, program, conference - a very popular idea! You want to learn it? We want to teach it!.
Chalong, Thailand
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I have now attended two courses at oasis education and both times have been fantastic. Not only is it a relaxed atmosphere but the cooking classes that I have attended were fun . Kez is on the ball and interactive with everyone that attends. I receive a monthly newsletter to let me know what is going on . The classes range so make sure that you check out the website. They also hold children's classes and do birthday parties . For me five star fun and I have made some wonderful friends in the process.

Visited July 2014
curlykez6, Owner at Oasis ed. Phuket, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hi Fiona,
thanks for the 5 star review! Always a pleasure having you along on our workshops, looking forward to seeing you at the next one ;)

cheers,
Kez - Owner/Manager Oasis ed. Phuket

“Serene setting for learning”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Kez organized a fruit carving lesson for myself and a friend with the lovely Pom. Learnt some easy ways to make a platter look amazing with only one tool. It was hard to believe that our pumpkin roses looked so pretty after only one afternoon of lessons! Pom is a very patient teacher and lots of fun! You must have lunch at the book cafe while you're there. The food is fresh and tasty. Will definitely be back on our next visit to Phuket! Thanks to all you lovely people who made us feel so welcome.

Visited May 2014
curlykez6, Owner at Oasis ed. Phuket, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thanks for your lovely review Claire and even bigger thanks for requesting to learn Fruit Carving with us! You ladies certainly did "nail" the fruit carving and I look forward to seeing photos of your future fruity creations. And of course to seeing you both again soon here in Phuket.
Cheers,
Kez & the Oasis ed. Phuket Team
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“A great idea for a hen party!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I arranged a silk lantern craft class for my sister's hen party and I cannot praise the team enough! From my very first email Kez was incredible-she was so helpful and made organising the hen party very easy and straightforward. As I was organising this for 16 people from the other side of the world, this was definitely very much appreciated! The day itself was so much fun and everyone absolutely loved the activity! We had everything we needed on the day and the teacher Narelle was so friendly and patient with us all. Afterwards we were taught some traditional Thai dancing by Suppapin which was heaps of fun! She even surprised us by bringing a traditional outfit which was beautiful! I cannot put into words how helpful and friendly the team were and how easy they made the day-a huge thank you from the bride and all of Amy's hens!x

Visited February 2014
curlykez6, Manager at Oasis ed. Phuket, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Wow, Rachel, thanks for that glowing review!! But actually much of the compliment goes back to you, as setting up and implementing the program was just so easy and enjoyable, the WHOLE group was so lovely and ready to have a great day! It was an absolute pleasure to do this program and I hope that you'll return to Phuket for another visit soon. :)
All the Best,
Kez - Manager Oasis ed. Phuket
Phuket, Thailand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great workshops, lovely teachers!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I have done 2 courses with Oasis Ed, so far, the beginners photography workshop and the drawing basics too. The teachers were great, really friendly and they take it slow which is lucky for me as I am not a fast learner! I am a local in the area so it's good to have something practical to do, especially in the rainy season when the beach and walks are not so easy. I'm looking forward to see what else is on offer this year, and with my elderly mum coming to visit soon it will keep her occupied.

Visited October 2013
curlykez6, Owner at Oasis ed. Phuket, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thanks for the great feedback bevbon and it was a pleasure to have your company in those classes! Good point about the rainy season activities, definitely need options like these workshops on the wet days. We look forward to also meeting your mum and hopefully will have something that grabs her interest. Cheers!
Phuket
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Get inspired!”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I've taken two classes organised by Oasis ed and really enjoyed the experience - learned a lot and had fun, met some interesting people. Living in tourist Phuket (a place that has great beaches but no decent library) you sometimes feel a bit remote from art and culture, so these classes are really a breath of fresh air and a good chance to expand your creative horizons. I've taken the photography course (with the excellent Khun Oye) and the linocut course (my talents are QUITE limited in this genre but it was fun to try). Great as an expat to have these courses to try, also good for travellers looking to have a different experience while on holiday in Phuket and learn something new.

Visited February 2014
curlykez6, Manager at Oasis ed. Phuket, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Very glad we could help enhance the arts and culture in your life, Saneroad! We're all about expanding the creative horizons in Phuket, so we're all ears to hear your suggestions and be inspired by YOU! Thanks for coming along, thanks for the review and we look forward to seeing you in one of classes again soon. :)

Cheers,