“best burgers in phuket!”
Review of Catalina Cookery

Catalina Cookery
Ranked #83 of 262 Restaurants in Rawai
Cuisines: Thai, Scandinavian, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 June 2014

i'm really picky with fast-food but Catalinas Burgers and Kebab is the best in phuket and i been living here for many years!
am surprised this place haven't got any more media attention/reviews

and great owner!

2  Thank wisv19

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I'll keep this short, as I don't want to be the villainous persona non grata, in the face of all the great reviews for this retaurant. So, decor is very nice, the staff were smart and very pleasant. I chose a kekab, as I have been craving for a while, and it was kind of what I had expected - ok but very average. I order fried potatoes with it, which were not home-made, distinctly undercooked and the portion size was 'restrained' at best. And although, only smallish in monetary terms, when the bill came, 40 baht had been added on for the undercooked fried potatoes, even though the menu says they are included in the price of the kebab (and the menu contains no separate pages for side dishes and sundries, etc.) I explained the inconsistency to the server who spoke good English, however I was offered no 'discount' or free cup of coffee, and instead I was told several times that the owner would be informed. When I asked what they can do for me, I was met with a shrug of the shoulders, a grimace and silence. Very good restaurants would understand the concept of customer feedback, satisfaction and also have the forward thinking to take into account repeat business. I will not be rushing back to experience the burgers, and in the meantime I will be recommending to people to go to Super Burger which is not far from Catalina, and which should change its name to Amazing Burger, as they are great!! Oh, whilst I am here, I will pass on a hot tip that was given to me: try Otto's restaurant on Wisek Road opposite the arched entrance to Wat Rawai (and not too far from Laguna and SCB.) This place has very good food at great value!

1  Thank Pedro P
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I'm not a big fan of any other kinds of food, except thai or asian. A few days ago my friend invited me to "Catalina Cookery" for dinner, the service was nice and friendly and " Kebab " was SO GOOD!! well, good enough to change my consumtion behaviour and I look forward to come back for delicious"Kebab" and tempting dishes again.
Thanks to my friend for good recommendation!!

2  Thank PraneeL2014
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Very friendly welcome, in a nice place.
All the customers seem to be happy to be here ! :)

Homemade french fries, great meat, and just 5 minutes from the beach...
This is the place where you have to eat if you want to have a look in the south of Phuket !

2  Thank Alain D
catalinacookery, Owner at Catalina Cookery, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Alain D

Thank you from all of the staff at Catalina Cookery for taking time to write about your visit here. We appreciate your positive words and hopefully we'll see you again another time.

Have a nice day...:-)

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I've heard great things about this new restaurant and I have to say they live up to their reputation! Swift service, friendly staff and tasty food. Certainly the best burger I have had on Phuket! I will be back to try more of their menu :-)

3  Thank Rob R

Hi Rob R

We not sure what makes us more happy; your really kind words about your visit to Catalina Cookery or the fact that you came here because you got recommend it. Nonetheless, we appreciate that you have taken time to write about your positive experience with us.

Hope to see you again soon...:-)