“Yummy”

Cuisines: American, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

As a regular customer the past three years this review is a long overdue. If you are after a burger there's no place like gt. Always warm welcome and quick service. First class burgers at good price.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We went at green tamarind for my birthday burger after a long and painful diet at phuket fit and we were not disapointed. We had the bacon blue and the aussie burger cooked medium rare as requested. Both burgers were delicious. Friendly waitresses in no frills ambiance. Keep it up .we'll definitely be back before the end of our retreat.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The burgers are not good. The fries are worse. I didn't like the burger sauce and asked for mine without it and got an eye roll from the burger cook.

Ludo-GTK, Gérant at Green Tamarind Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

So you are the guy, yes you are ... you must have made a mistake when you ticked the female box when you registered your profile.

So... you are the guy who takes fifteen minutes to read the menu
you are the guy who patronized ans terrorized my waitresses.
you are the guy who looked at your burger to be build up and then at the last moment when it was ready to be served said i don't like sauce.
in some places you would have been charged twice but we are not this kind of greedy guys
we are the guys who try try to make everybody happy, we changed your order without any cost and put the previous one in bin.
Then you disliked the burgers and fries.
I recommend you to take an appointement with the stomatologist to find where the bitter taste in your mouth come from.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We went here twice because the food is great. I was shocked when I came past here to see a negative review and someone talking about a filthy open kitchen.......Maybe I saw very different Thailand than they visited but the 70% or more the kitchens are open here as is most everything.

Bottom line, the Burger and fries were great. Staff was always friendly and helpful. Go here and enjoy a great burger.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We read so many fantastic reviews on this restaurant we just had to go .
Well the first thing you are great by is a big ugly BBQ dripping fat and oil onto the road side , actually it is shocking to see the whole set up for cooking on .
We had the burgers and yes they are ok a basic bun with ok fries , the owner having pestered us a for a TripAdvisor review told us it was Thai beef in his burgers , I think it was also laced with MSG or something to soften the beef and flavour it .
Sorry but this is not a great experience at all and is certainly not worth driving over for from kamala in our case .
I recommend the owner cleans up his kitchen .

3  Thank foodiethai

first point.
It's look like you picked the worst elements of our few bad reviews to made up yours and to inflige as much damage as possible and obviously you never came to my place.
first of all we never ask customers to review us on tripadvisor, there is juste the logo on the menu without any requests.

second point.
in order to improve the quality of my burgers i opened up a butchery specially dedicated to supply green tamarind kitchen althought we have many customers from various luxury hotels who orders the beef patties from us.

third point.
the beef is charolais breed, therefore no need of msg or anything else just salt & pepper. any customers who will have any doubt about that is welcome to come and take a beef patty and send it for analysis.

fourth point.
The kitchen is not filthy as you said.

fifth point.