“Surf board rental tip, annoying unknown threads underwater”
Review of Nai Yang Beach

Nai Yang Beach
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I went to Phuket in a monsoon season. Surprisingly wave condition Nai Yang beach is relatively mild, compared to nearby Mai Khao beach where my hotel locates. I went to the beach to do some surfing practice. I asked a kite school near the beach for surf board rental, local Thais inside offered for THB 300 per hour. I know it is unreasonable price to cheat foreigners. I then went to another kite school on the other side of the street, operated by a German, offering THB 150 per hour - the right rate i am looking for. Deal done. The Thai staff in the shop is very helpful with carrying the surf board to the place we intend to surf - about 400-500m away.

I would like to highlight some annoying threads underwater. I have no idea what's that. It could be some trash from fishing boat in the old days. It might not be harmful but once you step on it you just feel not so uncomfortable.

2  Thank dddolphin

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We visited on a stormy day and it was still stunning, the water is a beautiful colour and the sand is pristine white. There are areas to picnic under the shade of trees, with food purchased from the local stalls on the road just off the beach but the day we visited it was too windy.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Sixty Bar is the one to get chill out. very long nice beach especially in high season start from Nov onward

1  Thank Chanyoot
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Amazing to find such a lovely beach so close to the airport and you don't even notice or hear the planes going over.

1  Thank Marree B
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Lovely beach with no high rise buildings, part of the beach is national park with huge Casuarina trees. A nice alternative to the pressure of Patong, also conveniently close to the airport. Dining choices are really good, and a beautiful sunset on the beach with a nice cocktail is a great way to end the day. I'll be staying there again.

1  Thank Richard J