“Good for one night”

Tanamas House
Vancouver
“Good for one night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

The hotel consisted of separated bungalows. The rooms were extremely clean. I traveled for a month with my boyfriend and stayed in many hotels and bungalows. This was probably the cleanest I've seen. We only stayed here because we were flying out the next morning so it was close to the airport. It was only 5 minute drive from the Phuket Int. Airport. If you are coming from the airport make sure you do not pay more than 150baht to get to the hotel. It's only a 5 minute drive. We ended up paying 300 baht !!! Got ripped off. The greedy airport taxis said it was a 15 minute drive. You could walk ... But with suitcases it would be hard. There is also no sidewalks so it would be difficult. There are a few eateries around the hotel you can walk to. We didn't go to the beach at all. Great stop over hotel. Definitely recommend it if you need to stay for only one night and close to the airport. They provide free drop off to the airport which is always nice. Hope this review helps. Happy traveling !!!

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Missme15

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I wouldn't stay here or even in this area on a holiday but for one night before an early morning it did its job. Bathroom was clean. Room was nice and well made up. Staff were helpful and provided free transfers. The hotel is about a five minute drive from the main beach street where there are good places to eat.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

This hotel is small but it has amazingly clean room and bath room. I was there on the 26th of February 2013 after a week long scuba diving at Similan Islands which departed from Khao Lak. The reason I stayed there was to be able to fly home from Phuket International Airport early the next morning. Its location is about 5 minutes drive or about 20 minutes walk from the airport. The proximity offers good local, asian and western restaurants. Near to convenience stores and a Budhist temple for last photo shots in Thailand. The hotel is simple, quiet and very helpful staffs always there for us. I would come back again to this hotel on my next visit to this area.

• Stayed February 2013
Shrewsbury England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

This was for a overnight stop in Phuket. It was amazing value, room was immaculately clean, with a lovely large clean and comfy double bed. The room has a fridge, great air con, wardrobe, and lovely touches. The exterior was immaculate the grounds were really amazingly maintained. The beach is a 15 minute walk away. This accomodation is off the beaten track but a totally hidden gem which is highly recommended. They offer a free taxi shuttle to the airport even at 5.30am.
Thank you for great comfort at a budget price. Will ensure we return when needing airport accomodation.

Room Tip: All rooms brilliant. Book with confidence.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paulahowells
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

I had a trip to Phuket with taking the night flight of Air Asia. As when we arrived Phuket, it was near mid-night, so we decided to stay one night in a room with low room rate and moved to a good one in next day. Therefore, we chose Tanamas House.

Before I boarded, I have sent email to the hotel to confirm the pick-up service. The manager of the hotel was very helpful. He replied to me with all questions I asked that made me felt comfortable.

In the night we arrived Phuket, the flight had a little bit delay that the staff of the hotel had to wait for us for about an hour. But he still waited for us and with smile. It was good.

And then we enjoyed the free pick up service to hotel. Be frank, the location was terrible as there was no Family Mart such as 7-11 in that area. Besides hotel, nothing.

The manager was nice that he brought us to the room and helped us to call a taxi to leave in next morning.

The room had good air conditioning and free wi-fi service (though the signal was quite weak). No water provided but we can boil. The TV was old fashion but at least the channels were enough and clear. The weak point of the room was the hot water system had some problem and the water pressure was low that I just could take a bad quality of shower. Moreover, only one towel for one room. I needed to share with my roommate.

In the next morning, we woke up and enjoyed a breakfast in the hotel. It was just a small restaurant that only 2 - 3 tables were available. We ate an American Breakfast with cost 139THB. The taste was OK, ha ha, could not say was good. But the waitress's service was good.

I asked her was that any beach nearly ? She replied there was a beach about 2km from the hotel. As we left soon, we did not go to take a look.

After we took the taxi to another hotel, the manager called the taxi driver to ask if we had took the towel in the room ?! We had not done it and told him only one towel in the room and after I used it, I put in behind the door of the washroom. Later, he dialed to me again to apologize. It was good.

But I think if I come to Phuket next time in night flight again, I may not consider to stay one night in this hotel. Not because the poor facility, just because I have made friends with the taxi driver, therefore, I can contact him to pick up us to another hotel with low room rate but good location and much clean such as Tune Hotel to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Oakdale, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

My husband and I chose Tanamas House because it is near the Phuket Airport and we had a very early morning flight. The charming rooms were attractive individual bungalows. They were clean and tidy. We were given a complimentary ride to the airport very early in the morning. Although the hotel is not located in the beach area, we were able to walk to the beach in about 10 or 15 minutes. There is an afternoon market to walk by on the way from the beach. We feel that this hotel was a very good value and we really appreciated the availability of the free ride to the airport in the wee hours of the morning. This is a convenient location with a good price for people who need to stay near the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
South Lake Tahoe, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

i can't really say much more than previous reviews. we stayed here on after the journey from hell (samui to phuket), just crashing for one night before flying out to bangkok in the morning.

it was super quiet, clean, spacious enough rooms, and clean. one of my friends also missed her flight because of the nightmare bus situation, and the man running the place didn't charge us more/put up a fight that we had one more person than stated on the reservation (which is saying a lot, we'd been traveling as a trio this whole time, and it was ALWAYS an issue somewhere).

it was kind a bummer the restaurant was already closed at 9pm, and there's not much nearby. the other downfall was that there were a ton of mosquitoes in our room. i don't really know why/how, the door must've been left open when they were cleaning or something, but that was a bit of a bloodbath before we passed out.

all in all, can't go wrong. free shuttle to airport, you miss all the traffic, and it's a quick in and out. if you're trying to explore phuket, this isn't the place for you.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
#5 of 19 in Nai Yang
Chill House at Naiyang
Chill House at Naiyang
#4 of 20 in Nai Yang

Been to Tanamas House? Share your experiences!