“great little gem right on the beach!”
Review of Naiyang Sea View

Naiyang Sea View
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thalang District
Naiyang Sea View
Long Beach, California
“great little gem right on the beach!”
Reviewed 20 January 2010

Nai Yang Beach is one of the few places you'll find on Phuket that isn't over populated with speedos, hawkers, and girlie bars. I first discovered Nai Yang when I stayed at the Indigo Pearl which is gorgeous, but also very pricey. I noticed that there were some little unlisted hotels right on the beach so I took a leap of faith and just had the taxi drop me off on the street next to the beach without any reservations or idea where to stay. Naiyang Sea View is the last hotel in the row.
Price= amazing! I was in room #7 with ocean view, AC, queen bed and paid 1600 baht/nt during the high season (less than $50USD per night). They gave me a discount for booking 3 nights. It should have been 1700 baht. It's 1100 baht for a no view room with fan. That's a deal for being right across the beach...there are other places like the eco lodge that charge the same but you are a 10 min walk from the water. The cost to stay at Naiyang Sea View for 3 days cost less than 1 night at the Indigo Pearl.
Rooms- good size for 1-2 people. There is a small closet to hang clothes and it's clean. Bathroom is small, basic, and has hot water. I had no complaints :)
Bed was comfy. There is a tv but there are no english channels, but who watches tv when you're at the beach?
Reception- very nice and helpful. English is good here (just stick to the basics). You have to pay up front when you check in in cash. There is 1 ATM near the mini mart and money exchange. The exchange rate is really bad here, so I suggest that you change money in bangkok before you leave or just pull cash from the ATM.
It's pretty much a no frills hotel. When you walk in the door no one is going to serve you their freshed squeezed juice at this place. There's no room service/restaurant, but they do have free coffee and hot water in the common area. You get the standard 2 bottles of water when you check in. There's no designated/private beach area, but for 80 baht you can rent a chair and umbrella for the whole day (plenty to choose from). The Indigo Pearl has their own private spot, but no one is going to stop you if you want to roll your towel out next to them. I would just leave my backpack over there when I would snorkel.
The only bad thing is the noise level. You can hear (barely) the music from the bars until midnight and then in the morning around 6:30 the sounds of cars/mopeds are pretty loud. It really did not bother me...just bring earplugs.
I loved staying here and will come back again. It's a great price and the best beaches are right in front of you. Bring your snorkel gear also as there is a reef in Nai Yang (no need to do a tour w/a speed boat). I saw so many fish, eels, sea urchins steps from the hotel. If you keep walking north towards the national park it's less crowded. There was usually only 1 or 2 people on the beach. Restaurants are also easily accessible and the prices are good. The costs are bit higher in Phuket since you're paying a premium for being on an island. There's so much to choose from for restaurants and bars...I had a hard time to pick just 1 for each meal. My favorite was Linda's. She had a good assortment of fresh seafood and great prices. Your table is right on the sand. Also Mr.Kobi's is good. For sunset cocktails I favored The Beach Club (it's next to the hotel). They have cabana style chairs set up at night so it's really nice to relax and have a drink. Prices are good too for beer/cocktails.
Everyone in Nai Yang is really nice...this place left a really good impression on me and I plan to come back many times. You aren't pressured for a massage or to buy useless junk from hawkers or a suit. There's less of that here. I can't say enough good things about this place. I traveled alone and I felt perfectly safe at all times.
The hotel is not listed so here's the info...
email:[--]

Other options...
*there are also bungalows on the beach that you can stay on. It's cheap and first come/first serve. You pretty much just have to walk up to book it.
*there is a large youth hostel in the national park
*camping on the national park/beach
*the Beach Club rents an oceanview room over the bar for 2500 baht/nt
*next to the beach club is a privately owned apartment. For 2500/baht nt you have the whole upstairs area with a large patio. Sorry, don't have their contact info...you have to pretty much walk up.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo