“Great retreat to nature”

Khao Phra Thaeo National Park
4-Waters Eco-Adventure Trip from Phuket Including Lunch
Berlin, Germany
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 761 helpful votes
“Great retreat to nature”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

It is amazing, that you`ll just have to walk a couple of meters to have a feeling, that you are in the complete wilderness. If you want to have a break from beach and party life and want to experience untouched (that´s at least the impression I have) nature, than this is the place to go.
The hike up to the waterfalls is quite strenuous in the heat. There is a 700 m or 2 km track. We wanted to do the 2 km track, but signposting is not so good and we were afraid to get lost.
There isn´t much service for the 200 THB entrance fee. We asked it the trackes were accesible with a stroller and got indifferent answers. The answer would have been very clear: don´t even think to take a stroller, even without the hike is sometimes quite complicated.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Marchlewski

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Definitely worth the 200 baht, defintely going back”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

My girlfriend, sister and I have been twice been to this national park in the space of a week. We meet a group of French tourists who asked me if there was a restaurant at the end of the trail. This is NOT that type of national park!
This is the type of place to get away from Phuket's urban sprawl and get lost in the jungle. As long as you set off early you can make it back in one piece and have a swim in the refreshing pond. I was lucky enough to see many beautiful butterflies, lizards, fish, milipedes, spiders and snake. Alas, the elusive gibbon didnt show although I am sure that we heard them.

The Gibbon Rehabilitation Centre is brilliant. You can tell that the volunteers genuinely care about the gibbons as you can see the excitement when they tell you about releasing gibbons into the wild. The Centre doesnt receive any part of the entrance fee so I gave them a little donation.

The waterfall is fine but I would come here if you just want to see that. The national park is more of a place to go walking and animal spotting.

We ate in a small basic Thai restaurant in the local village and saw a monkey on the way to the pier. Really friendly authentic Thai people here nobody trying to sell you anything or rip you off.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank madeinguiri
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The bang pae waterfall is recommanded, Suitable for kids”
Reviewed 21 September 2012 via mobile

The short walk to the Bang pae waterfall is really nice and easy, gives u a real taste of a jungle. The waterfall itself is nice with a small pool to bathe (we were in the wet season) don't expect it to be the Niagra so you won't be disappointment.
On the way out you can go and see the gibon rehabilitation center which is also very nice

3 Thank Nfireman
athens
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“I liked it”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

When you drive through a narrow road full of rubber plantation, you reach the park.

The entrance for foreigners 200 Baht and I think it was about 40 baht for thais.

you can park on the site and then you can walk through the park full of vegetation and can ee the gibbon rehabilitation centre on your right. You can read about the terrible stories of how they came about to live in the centre. You can donate or adopt a gibbon to help the work. None of the entrance fee paid goes to the organisation and it is only soley run by donation.

After that you walk alongside the stream of river up to the waterfall. It's a small waterfall and at the time of visit there won't many people at all.

I really enjoyed it, I swam and I relaxed under the trees.

I would recommend it for sure and I would definetly visit again if I had a chance.

Visited April 2012
Singapore, Singapore
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Bang Pae Waterfall is a great disappointment”
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I would not recommend anyone to make a trip to visit the Bang Pae waterfall. First of all, it is small and there are many rocks on the ground, hence, I don't think it is safe to swim at all. Our family were all wearing our swimming gear when we climbed up the path leading to the waterfall, only to be disappointed.

Can clearly give a miss to this place.

Visited December 2011