“Uninspiring. Not good value for money.”
Review of Chaba

Chaba
Ranked #308 of 403 Restaurants in Thalang District
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The food is okay. The service is okay. The view is okay. But we left a little underwhelmed. Not the best food but nothing wrong with it. Overpriced even for this part of the island. The whole fish we got looked like it had lost half its body by the time it reached the plate. Not likely to ever go back.

There are newer reviews for Chaba

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I live a few kilometers from this restaurant and over the years have eaten there dozens of times. Although the food is for tourists, it is relatively authentic and I always ate well there.

Until now. I went last Sunday and had the worst meal I have ever eaten in Thailand. The food had no taste whatsoever, it was badly prepared, and I spent the next 12 hours on the toilet.

It is a shame that such a fine restaurant has lost its standards but unfortunately, I must urge everyone to stay away. Lotus just a few minutes away has better food for the price, and any of the beach restaurants (I recommend Tony's) has food just as good for half the price.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This restuarent is just out side of Phuket Laguna. Enjoyed authentic thai food with my family.

They come to your hotel in Laguna and pick you and drop after your dinner.

Had a good cocktail (forgot the name) in a coconut, never miss this if you happened to be in this restuarent.

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Came here and were seated next to lagoon so lovely to eat whilst looking out over water. Staff were brilliant, my starter was delicious (crab cooked in shell) as was my main (chicken musman curry). Their White House wine is also very nice for a house!! Was quite pricey in the end but I would personally say it was worth it. I cleared my plates!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Decided to have our dinner at this restaurant at the recommendation of a staff in Banyan Tree. It was a disaster. Was not up to dinner as family had snacks late evening. Hence ordered some western cuisine for the kids and both me and my wife had the tom yam gung and pork green curry together with steamed rice. The tom yam gung has prawns which were soft and not fresh at all. We did not eat any of them for fear of a stomach ache. The pork meat in the curry was tough while the green curry tasted bland. However, having said that, my kids enjoyed the carbonara and spagetti bolognaise. Guess this place is meant to be a western restaurant more than a thai cuisine place.

Would have patronized another restaurant if we had knew the quality of food here.