“Overprices BBQ”

Tre Restaurant at Banyan Tree Phuket
Ranked #143 of 381 Restaurants in Thalang District
Cuisines: Asian, European, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Experience “Contemporary Fine Dining Cuisine” by serving innovative, creative and unique Western cuisine with Asian influences – elegant and sophisticated. Tre has established a trademark for servings that are balanced in flavour while being delightfully savoury. With warm lights and outdoor seating overlooking a glass-surfaced lake reflecting the natural surroundings, Tre offers an al fresco dining experience to trump all others.
Paris
“Overprices BBQ”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

A nice location overlooking the lake and we appreciated the fan.
The buffet was of poor quality and not regularly replenished. Many dishes remained empty for a long time. The salmon, for example was barely acceptable, no lemon wedges, onion rings or horseradish. Inattentive staff. Every time we returned form the buffet we had to call someone to clear the dishes.
The BBQ meat was good and tender.
But all this for Baht 2000 p/p (€50!) for dinner.
Not to be recommended and will certainly not return.

• Visited March 2013

Singapore, null, Singapore
“Food review”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We booked for the Banyan tree brunch on a Sunday. I called the operator and reserved at 2.30 their Japanese restaurant. Once I arrived they told me that they could not accept my reservation because the kitchen was closing at 3.00 pm.
They then told me to use their golf restaurant. We order 4 main courses. Pasta and I order chicken tikka. The food was terrible. The pasta was overcooked and we paid a fortune compare to the local restaurant. The service was good but the food was barely eatable. I will never go to this location again and I was truly disappointed with Banyan tree facility and customer service. Truly not worth it. Shame as I used to be a fan of their brand.

2 Thank Alice R
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Good Budget Place”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

The food is good and so is the service though the ambiance may not bee too appealing but on a whole its a good place and was a walk from our hotel. We had our meals a couple of times there. Just keep in mind its a budget place...

Visited March 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Romantic Long Tail Boat Sunset Dinner Cruise by Banyan Tree”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Imagine being the King and Queen of your own boat. That is what we experienced. With a private Thai musician, chef and boatman. We set sail on the lake just the two of us and the crew. Yes, my fiance proposed on this boat and it was the perfect setting! Banyan Tree even threw in the Champaign for free for the special occassion.

They had 4 menus to choose from but since I was on a protein diet. They customized the Thai dishes so that I wouldn't break my diet too much...except for the heavenly chocolate truffles the served at the end of the cruise. After the cruise, they gave us a special lantern to fly and set our sail our wishes into the sky.....so absolutely romantic!

• Visited December 2012
Florida
“Pretty setting”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Tre is located in the double pool villa area of Banyan Tree resort on the lagoon overlooking the other villas. Torch lights and candles make this a romantic spot. The food is well prepared and pricey. Beware the $12 bottles of water.

Visited October 2012