“Wandering hands during couples massage” 1 of 5 bubbles

US$100.54*
and up
Oasis Secret Garden Spa at Bangtao Beach Including Transfer
More attraction details
Owner description: Laguna, Bang Tao Phuket Oasis Secret Garden Spa is nestled in the lagoon of a tropical paradise there is a hidden sanctuary devoted to your relaxation, peace, and the rejuvenation of body, spirit, and soul. Each of the five individual treatment villas and private outdoor showers overlook the tranquil waters of an inland lake. Find your way to us on Lagoon Road, Cherngtalay, near the entrance to Laguna Resort and discover a secret garden for 10 clients complete with garden hydrotherapy pool and Thai Herbal Steam Room. This is your invite to a garden of delight.Open Daily 10.00am-10.00pm
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Wandering hands during couples massage”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My fiancee and I went for a massage at the Oasis Spa Laguna after it was recommended by the hotel we were staying in (the Surin). Unfortunately I ended up lying next to him while his therapist tried to get him excited by repeatedly massaging up the inside of his thigh and over the end of his manhood. The extended version of exactly what happened is below. Make up your own mind and if you think I sound reasonable please think twice about giving your money to the Oasis Spa.

This is my first review on tripadvisor but sadly this needs to be said (as it was to management and the massage therapists at the time). My boyfriend and I went to this spa for a 2 hour ayurvedic package which included a head massage and body massage. We enjoy massages and have had them in couples rooms in numerous countries while on holiday.

Unfortunately in this case it was a pretty traumatic experience which left me feeling incredibly angry and my fiancee feeling incredibly guilty... and us both feeling somehow violated.

After the head massage the therapists started massaging us while we were lying face up. I don't know whether it was strange noises or what, but suddenly I felt incredibly uncomfortable and took the cover off my face to see what the therapist was doing to my boyfriend. She was working on his upper thigh and when I looked at her she looked a bit guilty but I told myself not to be paranoid and continued with the massage.

The massage finally finished and the first thing my fiancee said to me was "that woman was a bit naughty". I asked him why and he said she had been running her hands up his inner thigh right to the top and had repeatedly rolled her hand over the top of his manhood. Initially he was not sure whether it was on purpose but after it happened five or six times and started focusing on that area he pushed her hand away.

I totally understand that this probably reads like a paranoid woman and her over sensitive boyfriend. Please let me assure you that is not the case. We're pretty laid back people. What is worthy of writing a first tripadvisor post is to have an experience when you are lying next to your fiancee having a massage while their therapist is trying to get them excited. It makes you feel pretty sick to your core when you realise your uncomfortable feelings weren't just paranoia and someone is intimately touching your boyfriend while you are lying in the same room.

The therapists were pretty sheepish afterwards, even though my fiancee and I didn't discuss it until we were showering after the massage. We wanted to give feedback in person so forced the staff to get the therapists to speak to us (which they reluctantly did). We explained that they should not touch or even get close to touching someone's crotch area during a massage unless they were some kind of red light worker. In particular, they should not do it when that person's fiancee was lying next to them.

I am not sure the message got through. Similarly the front desk did not seem to care either.

The following day I asked the Surin hotel to ask for an apology. I'm not sure whether they were too embarrassed to do so or whether the spa was not cooperative, but we have not heard from them.

I understand there is a lot of "illicit" tourism in Thailand and maybe that is the way the therapists get tips. If you are a single man looking for a cheap thrills massage this is your place. If you are a couple and you don't want the experience of lying next to your boyfriend while someone tries to turn him on then steer clear of the Oasis Spa in Phuket.

Visited April 2014
13 Thank Claire M
Oasis_Spa_Thailand, Guest Relations Manager at Oasis Secret Garden Spa, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Claire M,

We sincerely thank you for taking time to contact us to explain the issues that have occurred recently. We would like to state an apology that you had this experience at Oasis Spa Laguna. We take all the matters happened with our customer seriously especially the type of matter that involving sexuality. An establishment of Oasis Spa for 10 years, we could convince you that this is an uncommon incidence which we have not encountered since the establishment.

Based on our location at Laguna Phuket where all treatment rooms are private open-air couple rooms, we could convince you that our therapists could not be able to come for any seduction. Spa receptionists and spa therapists who served you on the day had noticed your comments on this situation at spa after treatment and they did apologize to you about this right away. There was no opportunity for us to explain in details of massage to you because of an immediate leave. Day after your visit, the spa manager and the customer relation team conducted and investigated on our staff again as we got a call back from hotel staff that you were unhappy about our service. We had contacted to hotel staff twice but unfortunately could not reach you and got informed that you had checked out from hotel. We realized that we should make the whole process more sudden to clarify you about the situation.

Oasis Spa’s therapists do not allow touch the genital areas, however all the other areas of the body are included in the full body massage. Ayurveda package includes the massage posture which press onto inner thigh, using hands and elbows, also concentrate to the legs part when face up approximately 30 minutes. The whole massage steps are well-trained to all therapists professionally as the standard massage. While providing the massage in each step, all guests are covered with towels for the part of body that the therapist does not massage yet.

Oasis Spa Thailand has always concerned the most to create image of Thai Spa Industry as well as Thailand Tourism Industry to be transparent separately among massage places that cover illegal business behind. As a Spa that strives for the full experience from our experience and other comments from past customers who came to spa as couple or honeymooner, about 95%of them were satisfied customers. We could guarantee that our staff does not service sexual needs and we would never let this kind of situation to happen beside our strict regulation.

• Korean first
DUBAI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Simply wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

The massage was simply beautiful and the setting is fantastic. I did the Hot compress massage and it was wonderful. I would recommend it. I did find it a bit overpriced if I compare it with the hotel that I was staying in the Dusit, they to have a spa and was also wonderful !

Visited April 2014
4 Thank TASHAOLIM
Oasis_Spa_Thailand, Guest Relations Manager at Oasis Secret Garden Spa, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear TASHAOLIM,
Thank you for your kind feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed the Hot compress massage. We try to provide the best service for our customers.

Please visit us again next time.

We look forward to welcome you soon.

Best Regards,
Australia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We prebooked a 2 hour massage for the day we flew in to Phuket - needless to say there was lots of snoozing on and off during our 2 hour head, neck, back and foot massage. We had been here before so knew that it was great value. The visit starts with a cool drink and towel and finishes with a cup of tea. I had a medium massage - will next time go for a soft!!. The spa staff are like little silent angels - albeit with hands of steel. If you prebook on line you can get a discount on your services. Pickup included from local hotels. Much better value than the resort spas. We have a 4 hour service booked for a couple of days - great value 2 for 1 deal. I will also be making at least one more appointment before we leave. If massage and pampering is your thing - don't miss the Oasis Day Spa, Very highly recommended.

Visited March 2014
5 Thank BandBL
Oasis_Spa_Thailand, Guest Relations Manager at Oasis Secret Garden Spa, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear BandBL,
Thank you for you kind words and we are pleased that you enjoyed your spa treatment. Also we look forward to welcoming and providing you an excellent service at our spa again.

Best Regards,
Singapore, Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Heavenly ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

The spa is located just outside the Laguna. They provide free transportation to the spa from your hotel.
When your first see the front of the spa, you would think it is a small spa with probably just beds side by side of each other.
But when we walked in, it was like stepping into a paradise. The rooms are all private and facing the bay.

You will experience the treatments in very private rooms shaped like a hut and you will be able to smell the fresh flowers and the wind blowing. There is no air conditioning but it is windy, so you won't feel hot.

I tried the queen massage which consisted of aromatherapy and hot stones which was so good!

My husband had the king massage which consisted of aromatherapy and herbal press, it was certainly a relaxing massage for him as he feel asleep during the 2 hour massage. Usually he doesn't sleep!

The service was great and the place was clean.

We got a 1-1 deal which was a good deal.

Our total coat was about SG$150 for 2 of us for a 2 hours massage each.

Works out to be $SG35/ hour.

Highly recommend this place.

The spa is located opposite a supermarket and next to a horse riding place.

5 Thank alijanst
Oasis_Spa_Thailand, Guest Relations Manager at Oasis Secret Garden Spa, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear alijanst,

Thank you so much for recommending and reviewing us on TripAdvisor.com.We sincerely appreciate your kind comments to Oasis Spa Laguna. We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed the "King of Oasis" and "Queen of Oasis" It is our highest goal to provide our guests with great spa experience and relaxation and your comment show that we have succeeded. We look forward to serving you again.

Hong Kong
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Heavenly treatment right beside the open lagoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Having been impressed by the Oasis Spa in Bangkok. We picked Oasis Laguna as our "end-of-holiday-final-treat" to celebrate our Phuket stay. And we were not disappointed.

Oasis Spa has 3 branches in Phuket I believe and this one is the closest to our resort. According to the Tripadvisor photos they also offer lovely spa environment (wooden hut open to the lagoon), so we picked this one.

The environment is as advertised on their website and Tripadvisor photos. It seems to be a very small spa centre with a very subtle entrance. It looks like any high street small shop that you would overlook easily. However, upon entering the shop you found yourself stepped into a complete different world. The spa probably have 4 to 5 individual spa room. All built with wooden/bamboo materials. Inside you have the spa beds, antique-looking overhead fan, a wide window open to the lagoon.

There is no AC, no glass window, just simple curtains. Each room comes with its own shower. All looks very clean, very tropical, very well decorated and maintained. When we lied down for the treatment, we could feel the warm wind sweeping through the lagoon's water and then blushing pass our bodies. You could feel the temperature chaining as the day passed slowly by - waves of warm and soothing natural air. Aside from the calming melody they always play in a quality spa, there were all sorts of voices from surrounding wild lives (birds in the lagoon or on tree top, horses - I believe there are some horse-riding centre nearly). Together with the warm hands of our therapists, the whole experience was just HEAVENLY.

As commented on my previous post about the Bangkok branch, the whole spa procedure has been smooth, with therapists giving you all the attention they can give. When we were changing cloths, turning our bodies around, they made sure they were not looking to give us as much privacy as possible. Towels are changed constantly. Ropes are given when we needed to pop into the toilets. Water and refreshments supplied and we were given enough time to enjoy them by the lagoon water, in absolute tranquility.

All together the experience was just superb. Absolutely a highlight to our trip. There are only 2 things that make me take on star off from my rating:

1) Its toilet. Unfortunately you only have private shower in the treatment room but not a private toilet. It is outside, near the reception and it looks just like a public toilet. It is quite a contrast to the superb settings inside each treatment hut. You also need to ask the therapist to give you a rope to wear to walk all the way to the toilet if you need it in the middle of your treatment.

2) Each treatment hut is very small and they attachment to each other. With its open settings, sometimes you can hear other customers' chatting and showering.

However with the treatment quality and the fantastic open-air spa experience (you will find the open wind and air way much more soothing then any air-conditioned room), I suppose these 2 downsides could be off set.

Will definitely try more Oasis Spa branch in the future.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Mari N
Dear Mari N,

We feel so honor to have to visit us again and this time at Oasis Spa Laguna, Phuket and feel "Heavenly". You are so kind to bring out every details of your spa experience as always, we do really appreciate your effort. It absolutely makes us very pleased! We once again would like to state a sincere thanks for your comments. We will not your suggestion to improve on facilities as possible as we could. Please be our guest anytime!