Our family of 5 stayed in one of the recently refurbished deluxe two bedroom pool villas 846. A very quiet location. They have a large lounge and dining room and small kitchen (which we didn't use). The master suite bedroom is large and luxurious with enormous bathroom with wardrobes, double sink, bath, indoor shower, outdoor shower and separate WC. There is also a twin room and a study - which was converted into a 3rd bedroom for our daughter. Outside there was a fairly large pool, hot tub, loungers, covered bed area and dining area. All areas were beautifully furnished and maintained. Housekeeping was regular and we had no complaints at all.
Our children loved the bikes and were soon riding around the resort from villa to beach to breakfast on their own. We also rode them to the Canal shopping village. We used the Laguna bus services which took us to other hotels for dinner - On other occasions we used the boat service.
The Kayak adventure on the laguna was good fun and we all thoroughly enjoyed the speed boat trip to Phi Phi island which we booked at hotel reception. It was expensive but worth it. We went to Monkey Island, Phi Phi Island. We dived off the boat and then went to a third place for lunch (name escapes me) where we snorkelled and fed hundreds of fish.
We spent equal amounts of time at the pool and beach. The beach restaurants are nice and we ate lunch there on several occasions. In the evenings we tried several venues in the hotel and around the Laguna resort. In the hotel we loved the Thai and Seafood buffets in the watercourt restaurant but had a very disappointing meal at Saffron. La Trattoria at the Dusit Thani was excellent and we had great steak at Bodega Grill at Angsana. We also had the in-villa BBQ one evening which was nicely done but I had envisaged us eating outside by the pool. Unfortunately we couldn't because of the mosquitos and we ate inside. The hotel sprayed the grounds during our stay and the number of mosquitos dropped considerably.
All in all, I'd definitely go back here if we are ever in Phuket again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Phuket, Banyan Tree Spa Sanctuary and DoublePool Villas by Banyan Tree each deliver a unique experience in a tranquil setting. Located at Bang Tao Bay on the northwest coast of Phuket Island in Thailand, a 20-minute drive from Phuket International Airport. Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts is part of Laguna Phuket, Asia's first integrated resort, and is also the first Banyan Tree resort to be conceptualised and built, setting the benchmark for future properties. This flagship resort offers 173 luxuriously appointed villas surrounded by lush tropical gardens and Asian watercourts. All villas feature a king-sized bed, bathtub and private pool in a landscaped garden. Complimentary minibar except alcoholic drinks with daily refill for all villa categories. The perfect haven to spend time with loved ones, Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts caters for romance, with its private pool villa, fragrant gardens and saltwater lagoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, Travelbag, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Banyan Tree Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Banyan Tree Phuket Cherngtalay
- Banyan Tree Phuket Thailand