The resort was great being located steps away from the beach. As you'd expect from any Banyan Tree property, the basic level of service and pampering was reasonably high and quality of everything from amenities to the spa treatments was lovely. If you head to the spa ask for Paul, he is brilliant. Breakfast was a bit too crowded and nothing special but the Saturday night Thai market buffet at Saffron was delicious and a great experience! The staff in general was excellent - we wanted to connect our personal player to the TV to watch some movies and the engineer went out of his way to get the right cabling setup to make it happen! The beach is a few minutes walk away and has many nice bars and restaurants to sample local beers and dishes while watching the sun go down. Given the limited in-villa dining menu, we opted to have a few meals at the beach and were not disappointed. This is part of the Laguna group of properties and though we didn't venture out apparently they have other restaurants you can try.
It doesn't get 5 stars in my book for the following reasons:
1. It is the oldest of all the Banyan Tree properties and it shows.
2. No villa has a sea view. They claim it is to increase privacy but I don't quite buy that argument. We stayed at Banyan Tree Lang Co in Vietnam where we had a nice beachfront pool villa which was very private yet right on the beach with fantastic views. Both their properties in Bali and Bintan as well have lovely views without compromising privacy. I love the sound and sight of sea when on a beach holiday so that was a bit of a bummer.
3. Minor touches - for instance there were mosquitoes in the evening so the turndown service would setup the repellant in the evening but they would forget on some nights and we had to call them to set it up; we asked for a copy of our bill to be sent to the villa on the last day to speed up the checkout but after 3 calls to the front desk and not receiving it we just gave up and walked over to the desk. Nothing major but you just don't expect this from Banyan Tree.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Phuket, Banyan Tree Spa Sanctuary and DoublePool Villas by Banyan Tree each deliver a unique experience in a tranquil setting. Located at Bang Tao Bay on the northwest coast of Phuket Island in Thailand, a 20-minute drive from Phuket International Airport. Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts is part of Laguna Phuket, Asia's first integrated resort, and is also the first Banyan Tree resort to be conceptualised and built, setting the benchmark for future properties. This flagship resort offers 173 luxuriously appointed villas surrounded by lush tropical gardens and Asian watercourts. All villas feature a king-sized bed, bathtub and private pool in a landscaped garden. Complimentary minibar except alcoholic drinks with daily refill for all villa categories. The perfect haven to spend time with loved ones, Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts caters for romance, with its private pool villa, fragrant gardens and saltwater lagoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Ebookers, TravelUp, Travelbag, Hotel.de, HRS and Destinology so you can book your Banyan Tree Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Banyan Tree Phuket Cherngtalay
- Banyan Tree Phuket Thailand