“A piece of heaven”
Review of Banyan Tree Phuket

Banyan Tree Phuket
Ranked #20 of 97 Hotels in Thalang District
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We recently spent a week at this beautiful resort, our second time here. We had a pool villa, which was absolutely beautiful & clean. The added little extras in the room given on a daily basis are such a lovely touch. The staff make the resort, they couldn't be friendlier, and go out of their way to make your stay perfect. The food is also excellent, there is so much choice for breakfast catering for all nationalities. We had two Spa experiences, which were just pure bliss. It was the perfect week of pure indulgence and relaxation. The only downside is we booked for one week.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sriram K, General Manager at Banyan Tree Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Nicola T;

Greetings from the sunny Phuket and thank you immensely for taking the time in sharing your short and sweet review of your recent stay with us.

Each one of your descriptions about our services, facilitates and offers really speaks aptly about what the Banyan Tree experience is about This is truly one of the greatest rewards that the entire team could receive. Concerning the downside, as we say in the industry, this is a “nice-to-have problem” and easily fixed once you stay 2 weeks for your 3rd stay. We look forward to that!

Dear Nicola T; we really appreciate your review and given that there are direct flights from Dubai every day, we hope to see you this summer for a nice and cool experience at our Spa Sanctuary, welcome you back to YOUR piece of heaven and sanctuary for the senses in Phuket.

Sriram Kailasam

Write a ReviewReviews (1,749)

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 5th anniversary at Banyan Tree with our 3.5 yr old son. Our son had the time of his life swimming in our pool villa and playing in the outdoor (bubble) bath that my hubby set up. Service was impeccable, and unlike our past experience in our hotels, most of the staff spoke and understood English. Communication in Thailand had never been easier!

I ran a high fever on our first day there and the staff were so lovely to offer escorting me to the clinic which I declined as I thought I could keep it under control with good ol' Paracetamol. The following day, they followed up with me to see if I feeling better and if I'd like to visit the doctor. Definitely felt very loved there! :)

The resort comes with free bike rentals (with child seats!) and we could peddle around the whole of Laguna Resort as a family. Drivers were most polite and gave way to cyclists.

The gym is extremely new and well maintained, and I'd definitely have used it if I wasn't under the weather.

The private beach is well maintained and unlike Patong, has no pesky peddlers selling their ware. Sand was lovely and fine, and there wasn't a need to pay for beach chairs.

Banyan Tree also offers a variety of free daily activities such as pilates, yoga, aquarobics etc. Very nice for those on a more zen-like retreat.

We went in mid-March so the resort wasn't sardine packed and there was definitely lots of breathing space and peace.

Breakfast did get a little boring by our 3rd day as the only thing that seemed to vary were the pastries. Up side is, the food were not infested with flies unlike other resorts!

There's also a baby elephant that comes around 10am to 10.30am daily for visitors to feed and pat. However, I did see the trainer use a black pin to prick the poor baby when it started to wander off. That left a bad taste in my mouth. I do not advocate the domestication of wildlife so this is definitely wasn't a highlight.

What would have made it perfect was the availability of a playground
(either within the property or at Sands Beach) for kids to hang out at. Nonetheless, at least there was a trampoline by the main pool for kids to expend some energy.

Overall, we had a fantastic and relaxing time in Banyan Tree Phuket and are already planning to return either in June and/or March 2015! This is one of the two places that we will repeatedly stay

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
Sriram K, General Manager at Banyan Tree Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear jennwonglc;

Thank you much for having shared your comments here on this forum. Hope you are feeling better. We have gone through each of your comments with interest.

We are delighted to learn that overall you found our facilities great and had a fantastic and relaxing experience. Although English is not the spoken commonly in Thailand, we spend a lot of time screening on English proficiency as well as language training. Fact that you found us good enough to plan a return trip is testament to the quality of service provided by the team and the quality of the resort.

I have taken note of the areas for improvement in terms of selection for breakfast. We change on a daily basis about 40 – 50% of our breakfast menu while leaving the staples such as fruits, pastries, fruits etc. However, the feedback has been shared with our Executive Chef his culinary team to be aware of this whose task it is to ensure we cater to the different nationalities and food groups such as health conscious, vegetarians and at the same time having a sense of place.

As regards to the baby elephant, the mahout has been spoken to. Namchok is still very young and quite rambunctious and according to him, still in training. Regardless, we will ensure that these gentle giants are treated humanely.

While our kids activities focuses on young adults rather than under 5’s. However, next time you come, please let us know and we would be happy to direct you to use the fabulous Kid’s club at our neighboring sister property Angsana, who have a great kid’s club. Dear Jennwonglc; we look forward to welcoming you and your beautiful family, back to Banyan Tree Phuket to create some more wonderful experiences.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife , myself and our 11 year old son recently enjoyed 11 nights at the beautiful Banyan Tree Resort in Phuket. The resort exceeded our expectations in everyway and helped make our vacation the peaceful, relaxing family vacation we were looking for. From the time we checked in their friendly attentive staff took care of our every need and you knew that that they were sincerely pleased to be of assistance. We chose the one bedroom pool villa (#206) that was excellent and even with a rollaway bed for our son still had plenty of room. The villa was very quiet , private and peaceful and we enjoyed a dip in our own private pool every day. Breakfast was included in our package and I would certainly recommend this option as the food was excellent and we enjoyed starting our day with a great breakfast over looking the lagoon. Food in all of the restaurants was excellent ( do not miss the Sunday brunch !!) although a little pricey compared to other restaurants at the other nearby resorts that make up the Laguna resort area and there are some very inexpensive restaurants/bars on the nearby beach. The beach is beautiful and quiet even though we were told this was a busy time of the year and we always had our choice of loungers. There were some activities to keep our 11 boy busy but this is an area that could possibly be improved but we had no complaints from our son. The grounds and common areas of the resort were beautifully maintained and clean and we spent many days relaxing by the pool enjoying the peace and quiet. We did take a few excursions to nearby towns and attractions and these were booked and arranged in the hotel lobby and were very well organized and enjoyable. Overall a great place to vacation if you are looking for top class service and amenities and some peace and quiet but the option to be active also. We are already planning a return trip.

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
1  Thank William M

Dear William M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit, and for using this forum to post your marvellous review. This type of detailed feedback is priceless to readers, as it reflects the effort the team anticipates and exceeds guest’ expectations.

You have highlighted some of our USP’s which are spacious private Villas, superb dining options including our Sunday Brunch; All these are of course, well anchored by great Thai hospitality with a Banyan Tree touch.

Dear William M; hope we will have the opportunity to count you amongst the many repeat guests who are revered and recognized in more ways than one. My associates and I look forward to having you and your family back at Banyan Tree Phuket. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly to take advantage of several 20th anniversary promotions. Please take care and safe travels,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 March 2014

When it comes to hotels, I'm very fussy! I like high standards, excellent service and plenty of facilities.The Banyan Tree ticked all the boxes. Our pool villa was amazing, located not too far from the entrance to the beach. I've stayed in pool villas before, but this was huge, not like a plunge pool that you usually get.
I loved having our own bikes to cycle around the resort, which was huge and spread out across beautiful grounds. My favourite part of every morning was cycling to breakfast and stopping to say hello to "Lucky" the resorts baby elephant.
The resort itself is 20 mins from Patong, which is perfect if you don't want to be amongst the hustle and bustle, but close enough to go and experience it. There is a small town outside the Laguna, where you will find a handful of bars and restaurants.
I highly recommend the Banyan Tree Resort, the staff are extremely helpful and resort is stunning! Perfect if you want a bit of luxury but very relaxed at the same time!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hayley W

Dear Hayley W,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to review your recent stay with us at Banyan Tree Phuket, the Sanctuary for the Senses.

We are glad to learn that all the boxes of your high expectations were ticked. Thank you also for all the positive remarks on how big the swimming pool is compared with other plunge pools. Cycling itself is a great recreational activity and we believe that getting some exercise while exploring the 83 acres of estate is a great experience.

Your description about the location of the resort could not have been better, away, but at the same time close enough to go to many interesting places such as Patong, Surin, Phuket Town or the towns near Laguna, the airport, which by the way is just 35 minutes away, plus other attractions nearby that could be arranged by the Laguna Tours staff, located at our main lobby.

Hayley W; I did pass your comments to our staff who are encouraged to learn how helpful they were, and they appreciate the recognition. Please look out for our 20th anniversary promotions to make your next booking to be back at YOUR “Beautiful Resort”.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2014

From the moment we entered the hotel we were greeted warmly by staff. They drove us to our private compound in a buggy. We entered a gate with a private pool, jacuzzi, waterfall. The cottage was almost completely surrounded by windows looking out at a perimeter pond. The bedroom a zen like retreat oasis with windows all around that decadent drapes closed for sleep. The service level was par none. We rode bikes everywhere. It was quite an experience.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Maryellentong,

The Spa Pool Villas are my personal favorites of all the beautiful villas as it is so private with its own entrance and all the “perks” included; I am not surprised the title of your review. This is exactly what our guests discover in this destination spa resort. The villas, “Floating” bedroom amidst a lily pond is another feature that our guests love.

Thanks for your lovely words on your overall experience at Banyan Tree Phuket. While service in Thailand is a given, but, it is vitally important to ensure that we add other touches that are unique to Banyan Tree. I will leave the readers to find out what they are but, suffice to say it sets the scene for a Sanctuary for the Senses.

With my best regards from the paradise,

Sriram Kailasam,

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Most important to say is that we had wonderful 14 days at the Banyan Tree Phuket. The service was courteous, the staff was very friendly and the breakfast was excellent.
As more reviews I write, as more difficult it becomes writing an objective one. I don't want to find a fly in the ointment, but the hotel needs a renovation in the coming year. You see everywhere that the villas are not brand new - on the other hand the excellent service will let you forget this impression.
The location is very good, especially for golfers like me on the opposite site of the golf course, for everyone else it's a short way to the nice beach where you can get a bite (or more) for small money. The guests are very international and we had very funny conversation with Japanese, Russian and French guests.
Summary: it's worth to stay at this hotel. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Wir waren in Villa 301 und waren von der Lage begeistert.
1  Thank TomDanger

Dear TomDanger,

Firstly, thank you immensely for choosing Banyan Tree Phuket for your 14 nights of stay and for sharing this balanced review with the readers.

We are pleased to read that you were super happy with the courtesy, friendliness and professional service of our staff, who feel proud for being recognized. You are absolutely right in that it is so convenient to just go across from the lobby to the course. I am looking forward to the return of the 18 holes after the makeover with buggies and all other bells and whistles. The breakfast or “Brunch” as some guests call it, at Watercourt Restaurant is a signature feature. It is open until close to midday to ensure all our guests get off to a great start..

Dear TomDanger, apart from conducting a profound and detailed yearly villa maintenance program to keep our room product in the best conditions possible. Please keep an eye out for your next stay on our website as we are launching a raft of promotions.

With my best regards from Phuket!

Sriram Kailasam,

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Me and my family (9 adults + 7kids) stayed in Banyan tree phuket for 3 nights in Feb 2014.
It was a very nice, relaxing stay for our family, and I hope we will go back again in the future.
We occupied the 2 bedrooms villa and 1 bedroom villa with pools, both are awesome and impressive. The decoration is relaxing, private pool is clean and large enough for all the kids to enjoy, hotel room is clean, room service is efficient. I like the aroma complimentary provided in the room, very relaxing. We spend half of our time in our room to play around.
The huge golf club surrounding the hotel provides a very peaceful and refreshing environment for us. Especially we are coming from big cities, we loved the huge green environement
Service is awesome. Staffs are friendly, helpful and polite.
Beach is just 10 mins walk from the hotel. Even though it is not a private beach, it still considered as clean. But overall, it is just an average rated beach.
The only negative thing I would like to point out, is the lack of dinning choice withing hotel. There is only a few small restaurant around, and we need to travel outside of the hotel for more dinning options.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elsa C

Dear Elsa C,

What a wonderful compliments you have rated us on our villa, a private pool and golf course! Thank you very much for taking your valuable time in sharing your personal experiences with us on this special forum. I agree with you that our best features are our dedicated associates who enjoy going above and beyond to create special memories. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. In turns, it energizes us to keep up with the good work continuously!!

As you have mentioned, the signature aromatic senses of burner in your villa is part of our daily housekeeping ritual. Aside from this hope you were having a drink in our lobby during the lobby turndown ritual. We have heard many a narrative from our guests whose lives revolve around urban skyscrapers about how relaxed they feel to be able to walk barefoot on the beach and to sip a cup of coffee in the privacy of their own backyard Thai “Sala”.

As regards to your comment on dining options, I have to admit it is probably more a case of us communicating the choices than a lack of dining options. I definitely hope you received our daily electronic newsletter to your smart gadget through your personal email. In this we detail not only the dining highlight but, also the weather, activities etc. Hope you were aware that we Japanese at Tamarind provided by our skillful Master Chef Shiraishi, Contemporary Thai at Saffron and French-Vietnamese at Tre apart from In-villa Dining and several destination dining options like on the beach, in the lagoon, in-Villa Barbecue, Pontoon boat dining etc. We shall try and communicate better.

Dear Elsa C, look forward to having you back with us again to enjoy the newly renovated golf course and our dining options, until then, please take care.

Warmest regards,

Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas
Angsana Laguna Phuket
Angsana Laguna Phuket
#9 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to Banyan Tree Phuket? Share your experiences!