“Paradise”

Ranked #20 of 95 Hotels in Thalang District
Slough, United Kingdom
“Paradise”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I spent two weeks here last january. It is an amazing hotel. The staff are so lovely and sweet. its an expensive hotel, but it is pure luxury. Can not fault it! By far one of the best hotels I have ever been to. The grounds are so beautiful and the service is better than anywhere I have ever been. There are golf buggies that pick you up and take you round the hotel grounds to where you want. You can also hire a bicycle for free to cycle around throughout your stay. There are also free classes every day. I did the windsurfing class, the yoga class and the flower arranging class which I loved. At night they put lovely little gifts on your pillow and I always looked forward to what the next gift would be. Just small things like incense etc. The villas are gorgeous. I am very fussy with my shampoo and conditioner as I have long thick hair and so I always take my own when I go away- but towards the end of the holiday i chose to try the conditioner they supplied and it made my hair soooooo silky! i wish i had used all the bath products from the beginning. if you are trying to decide between this hotel and another one... definitely choose this one! you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Sriram K, General Manager at Banyan Tree Phuket, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear laradavid80,

Thank you so much for this outstanding review and for recommending the Banyan Tree Phuket to fellow travelers, we are truly proud to be part of the best hotels you experienced.

It is great to read that you made the most out of your stay by joining our daily activities; the Yoga classes are especially popular amongst our guests and a great way to start your day!

I hope you also paid a visit to our Banyan Tree Gallery where you can purchase all our Banyan Tree in-villa amenities, including shampoo and conditioner, but also local souvenirs from Thailand.

We hope to welcome you back to Phuket in the near future, be sure to have a look at our webpage as we have very attractive offers to celebrate Banyan Tree’s 20th anniversary in September!

Kind regards,

Sriram Kailasam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in a one bedroom pool villa. The villa itself was awesome with a nice big bedroom/lounge, pretty big private pool (10m) and a hot tub. You have total privacy as well. A few mosquitos but other than that it was perfect.

The hotel food was amazing with a good selection at breakfast and very good restaurats as well. The food however, is quite pricey and cheaper alternatives can be found at the other hotels on the "Laguna" which can be accessed by complimentary shuttle bus and also in downtown phuket.

The main pool isnt huge but sufficiently big enough. It was never crowded when we were there and the poolside bar also offered really good drinks and snacks. The beach is ok - dont expect white sand and clear blue water but we didnt spend too much time on the beach.

You can also take a romantic trip on a little boat with dinner served if you are going on a couples outing. Its nice experience but dont expect any privacy as its all very close quarters.

The spa, well, its probably the best spa in the world that I have been to. The ambience, treatment options, facilities - are all world class and would definitely recommend trying out. Can be a bit costly but definitely worth it.

You can also book excursions from here and I would recommend the trip to phi phi islands which is just a truly amazing beach.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RBN76
Sriram K, General Manager at Banyan Tree Phuket, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear RBN76,

Thank you for a great review and glad that we ticked all the boxes!

It is always a pleasure to hear that our services and standards exceed guest expectations. I am glad you enjoyed our vast selections of breakfast on offer. We truly believe it is an important meal, so variety and quality is important. I do hope you also had a chance to try our Sunday brunch while here, if not, I highly recommend it next time you are visiting to enjoy live lobster and seafood barbecued to your liking.

It is also great to know you managed to experience our famous destination dining option our Sanya Rak or Thai sunset dinner cruise, rejuvenating spa and excursions arranged by our tour desk.

RBN76, we would love to welcome you and your partner back and perhaps try our other resorts within the resort such as the Banyan Tree Spa Sanctuary or DoublePool Villas by Banyan Tree for another level of pure privacy and or couple only resort.

Kind regards,

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Banyan tree is just out of this world! This is such a special place in every way, the rooms and pools are magnificent, the staff are just brilliant with a special mention for Ticktock, nothing was too much trouble for them. Food and wines were great also. The spa and gym area are just ideal. Rooms are serviced twice a day and are spotless. The golf course and club house are top notch and the use of caddies in traditional dress just adds to the occasion!

Room Tip: All rooms seemed perfect with the advantage of a golf buggy shuttle from the restaurant/reception ar...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Tom C,

Thank you for such a short yet sweet note after your stay with us at Banyan Tree Phuket, we are truly proud for being honored as a little piece of paradise and this being shared to fellow travelers.

I believe we have the finest associates on the island and Ticktock is very thrilled being complimented on this occasion.

As a keen golfer myself, I can't wait for the new course to open this July. If you happen to return by January next year, you will be the first to tee off on the newly renovated 18 holes.

Tom C, once again, thank you for a superb review and if you return before our golf course fully opens, please keep in touch with me or the team, we would love to welcome you back and perhaps join us in celebrations of our 20th year anniversary this coming September.

Warmest regards,

kuwait
Reviewed 26 May 2014

when you feel that you need to relax from you work . you have to go there .
fantastic resort in Phuket . for families and honeymoon . nice breakfast and room service dining . great friendly and helpful staff . I will come back here again and again .

Dear Ben-3eed,

It is very pleasing to hear of your recent experience at the Banyan Tree Phuket, thank you for sharing the highlights to our fellow travelers and to the Tripadvisor community.

Your delightful compliments have been passed to the team and this will surely motivate the team to always go the extra mile.

Ben-3eed, once again thank you for a great review. Hope you have received the great deal we are offering to our previous guests or perhaps by September this year you could be part of our 20th years anniversary celebrations, check out our website or let me know so I can personally handle it.

Cheers,

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 25 May 2014

It is one of the best properties I have ever visited ! I stayed her for 3 nights and it was just amazing ! They have beautiful Villa with a Private Pool ! The Hospitality is just amazing and the food too ! It is a bit expensive but it is totally worth it !

Room Tip: Any Villa ! All of them are amazing !
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Kaival Patel,

Thank you so much for this short-n-sweet review. It is satisfying to note that our villas, food and service garnered us “one of the best properties you have ever visited”!

Being an Indian from Gujrat, hope you enjoyed the fantastic selection of Thai vegetarian selection (as most guests from this part of the world are!). Please do visit us again soon and be sure to check our webpage for our very special offers to celebrate Banyan Tree’s 20th anniversary this year!

Cheers,
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed in Pool Villa during 08-10 May
Well maintained resort. Everything were in perfect condition and service level were closed to perfect.

The down side were everywhere were full of mosquitoes. They are everywhere during our stay. Lobby, inside the room, outside the room or even inside a very low temperature library. I can't properly use the computers and read the books in the library, have to fight with the bugs.
The other down side were, in their breakfast area, you can see fry lying on the food. Not many but there are existed.
A resort charging at premium shouldn't have this kind of problem exist.

Nevertheless, we enjoyed the hospitality there. Will consider visit again if they manage to get rid of bugs problem.

Room Tip: Get a canal or lake facing room so that you can have more privacy. Goto the beach to look for local...
Dear HannPinn,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback, it is great to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing vacation in your private Pool Villa!

However, we truly regret the troubles you experienced because of Mosquitoes, they seem to be a particularly strong issue this year! Please rest assured that I have already spoken to our Pest Control Firm to find further ways in which this can be mitigated. I do hope you made use of the mosquito coil, lotion and electric repellent provided complimentary in each villa.

We also took note of your feedback on the breakfast buffet, and our Executive Chef has been informed. Being an air-conditioned space adjacent to the terrace, it does happen that some flies creep in as the automatic doors open and close. However, as you might have noticed, we put only small portions of food out and replace them quite often even in very busy periods for hygiene reasons. We also have a dedicated hygiene executive to ensure our food safety standards are maintained.

I am glad to hear that the issues you mentioned did not mar your relaxing vacation with us! It would be our honest pleasure to welcome you back again, please do let me know and I would like to personally handle it. Please do take a look at the great promotions we are running to celebrate the 20th anniversary of our brand.

Warm regards,
Sydney
Reviewed 19 May 2014

First time to Phuket. Stayed 4 nights in a villa (no pool) but with a jacuzzi and outdoor tub. Our villa catered for your every desire. Twin sinks which I love cause hubby splashes water everywhere!
The only complaint we found was the sunken bed at our age getting up at night is quite difficult when the joints don't work as quickly as they used to! Shower and toilet had full size windows looking onto the greenery. Every night a little gift was left on our bed which was a nice touch.

Our villa was quite close to the pool area. We hung around the adult pool area as the main pool had quite a few families and we prefer to read and enjoy the peace and quiet. We lunched around the pool and found the food especially the wagyu burger divine.

I found the breakfast buffet very average on comparing it to the Shangrila Rasa Sayang which is a similar price. Quality was just not there.

As the villa is quite remote we hired a driver for 5 hours organised by the concierge to take us around the island. Good value and got to see quite a lot.

In the evenings we walked to the beach (until we realised we could get a buggy) and ate at the restaurants along the sand. It was just beautiful sitting and watching the gorgeous sunsets along the quiet beach.

On the last day we ventured to the lounges/umbrellas on the beach and totally relaxed. Banyan Tree supplied cold towels but we had to buy our cold drinks.

Overall, a nice resort with friendly helpful staff but probably would not return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sriram K, General Manager at Banyan Tree Phuket, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear BaliGalSydney,

Sunny greetings from Banyan Tree Phuket. We would like to thank you very much for contributing to a post on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed the design of our villas, nightly turn down gifts, delectable wagyu burger at Pool Bar and friendly service all around by our associates, these are our hallmarks and glad it impressed you.

On the other hand, I was disappointed to read about the inconvenience you encountered with the Asian style platform bed and breakfast buffet quality. We do provide extra mattresses to elevate the beds to make it more convenient, if we were aware of it. We will make note of it and please do let us know when you visit us next. As regards to the breakfast, it is probably one of our strongest suits and often times most commended on this forum. However, your feedback has been shared with the culinary team.

Dear BaliGalSydney, I do wish that you would give us another chance to revisit Banyan Tree Phuket on your next special occasion. Safe travels,

Warm regards,