“Double pool villa”
Review of Banyan Tree Phuket

Banyan Tree Phuket
Ranked #19 of 98 Hotels in Thalang District
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The DP villas are amazing. They were spacious, lux and had amazing large swimming pools. The hotel is top notch and did little things such as - changing the name of our villa on a plastic plaque and then giving it to us to take back home - it is really beautiful.

Ever evening we had cocktails and a boat went pass that played beautiful music. It was so nice - I cant say enough n words how special it is.

I am a fussy snobby traveller so just to be snobby again, if I think it is nice - it is AMAZING!!!

Room Tip: DB room only. You get perks like spa discounts and own butler
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EnglishMango
Sriram K, General Manager at Banyan Tree Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear EnglishMango,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your blissful review here on Tripadvisor. I am noting the enjoyment you mentioned regarding the lovely design of our DoublePool villas, the large pool that added to your total relaxation and every little detail that our team looked after throughout your holiday such as the plaque with your villa name that hopefully makes you recall great memories after your stay with us! When you say ‘nice’ it means ‘amazing.’ When we say ‘Thank you very much for choosing Banyan Tree Phuket’ we mean ‘Please make our Sanctuary of the Senses your second home away from home.”

Cordially,

Sriram Kailasam

Write a ReviewReviews (1,781)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

nice pool resort with perfect service , delicious thai food and professional thai massage.staff is nice and helpful,room servce and room dining are delicated. however, the massage department missed out my booking , after this they solve it out the problem.hank you

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
1  Thank Sijiazhan

Dear Sijiazhan,

Thanks so much for taking your time in sharing a wonderful review on TripAdvisor and for choosing Banyan Tree Phuket as your choice of accommodation. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed the Spa treatments and exceptional dining experience in the privacy of your own villa, and we truly appreciate such generous feedback! On behalf of my team, we look forward to inviting you back to your Phuket home to celebrate special occasions with your loved ones. We wish you all the very best,

With my best regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I travel. I travel a LOT, all over Asia and the Middle East and sometimes into Europe, plus of course around the US as required. That means hotel stays. Sometimes in simple bed and breakfasts, sometimes in a London club, generally in hotels of varying stars. The room, the service, and the food at the Banyan Tree Phuket was top-flight in every way. I won't say it's the best in the world because I've not stayed in every hotel, but it is the best *I* have ever stayed in, and I can give it an unreserved recommendation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Dear Lance R;

A sincere and big thanks for your kind review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us at Banyan Tree Phuket. We take great pride in creating exceptional experiences and it sounds like we achieved our goal with your visit. And it gets even better after knowing that we are the best hotel you have stayed in after visiting a wide range of hotels almost all over the world! You chose our property to ensure that your family enjoyed all of the activities and amenities that make us such a great family friendly resort as well as a romantic destination for couples.

Lance R, we do look forward to welcoming you back to the Sanctuary for the Senses very soon and thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for giving your unreserved recommendation, as we know you have so many choices. Please do let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We have visited Banyan Tree Phuket in October 2013. Our first experience with Banyan Tree was with Banyan Tree Maldives which was extraordinarily superb. Having a similar expectation from Banyan Tree Phuket, we were disappointed at how the facilities were outdated. The staff were as always welcoming, the massage was below average. I had back pain after our second massage! The worst part was we got food poisoned the night before we were leaving the resort and the management was almost ignorant with the issue. We were two families and both families had food poisoning and all the management did was saying that they were sorry. Unacceptable service from a resort this scale. I am avoiding Banyan Tree at all costs right now and also very upset that once a lifetime favorite place brings bad memories.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NGeneva

Dear NGeneva;

Thank you for your review after staying with us last year in October 2013. While I was pleased to read that you had an extraordinary experience in Banyan Tree Maldives and enjoyed the welcoming staff during your stay with us, I was disappointed to read that we failed to create an exceptional experience overall. We have received so many accolades and great reviews because of the quality of the Resort and Spa services and facilities we provide. In your case we failed to accomplish that goal and for that we are very sorry. On the other hand, we took your comments very seriously for further rectification and improvements.

Pertaining to the feedback on the suspected food poisoning, I would like to highlight that medical attention was immediately offered as a first step to ensure your health condition and well being were in good hands, however, this offer was declined. We take pride in being fully certified for complying with the highest levels of safety and security for food and beverage handling in the country of Thailand. Based on these standards, the results of our internal investigation showed that all food receiving, storage, preparation and service processes from breakfast to dinner, were aligned to our strict hygiene criteria and we also did not receive other reports from guests. Above all, food and beverage safe handling and our guest's health and safety are of utmost importance to us.

Dear NGeneva, I apologize again for this inconvenience, and we truly regret that you did not feel well taken care of by our team. However, I honestly hope that this situation did not mar your overall perception of our brand and that you will consider to visit one of our sister properties throughout the world again in the future. Should your family travel to Phuket again, please do let me know so that I can take care of you personally and make sure that you experience the high standard of service that you expect and deserve from our brand. I hope that you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in the resort and allow us to welcome you back in the future.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Banyan Tree is special in a very unique way. The ability for this organization to be as successful as it is now is not by the swanky new rooms or over the top infinity pool which is easy to find in phuket, but by the ability of the management to instill the core values of the company to the hotel staffs. From corresponding emails, check in crews and even in-villa chef who is expecting his first son, the level of service and professionalism is amazing. Never once I felt disappointed or let down during my 3 days stay. As I continue to venture around the world, Banyan Tree Phuket will always be remembered. Thank you

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Feroz R
Sriram K, General Manager at Banyan Tree Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Feroz R,

Thank you for choosing Banyan Tree Phuket for your recent couple getaway, I am very glad that the whole team made your stay a truly satisfactory one at that!

The team of associates we have are truly a unique and almost 50% of them have been with us for over 12 years. More than 10% have been with us for the past 20 years. While these stats may not be unusual, their passionate service and commitment to the resort is what makes many of our ambassadors return. I believe we have some of the finest on the island. I have just shared your kind words to the team during our daily briefings and it will surely motivate the rest of us to always go the extra mile to make it a true Banyan Tree memory.

Dear Feroz R, thanks for making our day and hope that we will have a chance to welcome you and your partner back again in the near future, be it in our couple’s resort only at Banyan Tree Spa Sanctuary or DoublePool Villas by Banyan Tree.

Until then, cheers.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just visited the Banyan Tree Phuket for my birthday, we stayed there for 3 nights. Our stay was very good, the service was excellent the buggy pick ups and drop offs were very efficient.

We had stayed in the pool villa, which is one of the nicest hotel rooms I have every stayed in, it was like a home away from home.

Food and room service was very good, however the Breakfast selection could be better. Over all an excellent trip. highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Arvind L

Dear Arvind L,

Thanks so much for a wonderful review and for choosing Banyan Tree Phuket as your choice of accommodation!. Every hotelier is thrilled to hear that they have created a “home away from home”. Your compliments on our food as well as on Villa dining service have been shared with the rest of the team. Meanwhile I understand your wish to see a better selection of our breakfast buffet. Perhaps you can furnish us with more details on which specific item you would like to see added. We do endeavor to change at least 60% of our selection everyday. Please feel free to let us know.

Dear Arvind L, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I hope that we will be seeing you and your loved ones back here soon. Perhaps you could join us to celebrate Banyan Tree’s 20th anniversary in September, please check out special packages on our Website. Last but not least, I wish you safe travels wherever you will be.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed in double pool villa, which was very nice. But it is more suitable for honeymoners then a family. The villa suits 2 people. Internet is working only in one room. TV signal was not always good. We really enjoyed SPA and private pool. Baby had fun!

Room Tip: Double pool villa for honeymoons. Its very quiet and private
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Юля Э

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing a review on our property on this special forum. I agree with you that the DoublePool Villas are indeed more suited for couples or families with older kids or multi-generational families as it is quite expansive especially for a little one. For next time, may I recommend you to try our cozy yet homely Two-Bedroom Pool Villas. You have all the features of such as Pool, privacy, space etc. I do hope you and your baby caught up with our own baby….baby elephant who comes to Banyan Tree every morning.

Your feedback on the spotty Internet and television signals that need improvement has been taken note of. We are working on it. Dear Valued Guest, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,

Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 337 in Patong
Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas

Been to Banyan Tree Phuket? Share your experiences!