We stayed for 12 twelve nights and generally had a fantastic time.
Having been caught up with the problems at the airports when we arrived in Bangkok we were so committed to going to the Banyan Tree that instead of the hour flight from BK to Phuket that was previously scheduled we had to take a private transfer by car which took about 12 hours. Our travel agent had offered us an alternative hotel in Koh Samet which would only have been about 3 hours from BK. I have never been so pleased to finally get somewhere! I can also say we didn't regret the extra effort for a moment.
Check-in was fine but when we got to our first room we noticed that a lot of the outside lights were not working including the light in the plunge pool. We queried this the next day and it was dealt with immediately.
About 5 nights into the stay we were upgraded to a pool villa (the pool being about 30' long) so you really could swim rather than just wallow. Everything in the villa was on a slightly larger scale (with a coffee maker rather than just a kettle), with more garden and a sala at the end of the pool.
The standard of house keeping was really high with a small gift every night. Toiletries were great.
We did go and look at a double pool villa which was very of the moment with a fantastic bathroom but to be honest we were really pleased with both of the older-style rooms that we had primarily because it was so much easier to walk to the public areas of the hotel rather than waiting for a buggy to turn up.
The real pleasure of the stay though was the quality of the staff. Our names and villa numbers were remembered really quickly as were our preferences at breakfast, in the bar and in the restaurants. Breakfast, incidentally, was fantastic. Slight variations every day in terms of the buffet on offer but an excellent standard throughout.
If there were any criticism I would have it was that the Fitness centre was a little dated and not particularly well equipped in terms of weight machines. There were 2 tread mills, 2 cross trainers, step machine and bike (all technogym) but only communal tvs set to sports channels. However, my partner used the Spa for a 3 hour treatment and said that it was absolutely fantastic. In fairness the fitness centre seemed to be very quiet so perhaps it just isn't a priority.
We used various restaurants within the Laguna development and, whilst all were all perfectly acceptable, they did highlight exactly how great the level of service and the surroundings at the Banyan Tree are in comparison. Even the pool areas and the beach had a completely different feel. We would definitely try another Banyan Tree in the future and can only hope that our experience of the Phuket BT can be matched - I doubt if it could be beaten though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Phuket, Banyan Tree Spa Sanctuary and DoublePool Villas by Banyan Tree each deliver a unique experience in a tranquil setting. Located at Bang Tao Bay on the northwest coast of Phuket Island in Thailand, a 20-minute drive from Phuket International Airport. Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts is part of Laguna Phuket, Asia's first integrated resort, and is also the first Banyan Tree resort to be conceptualised and built, setting the benchmark for future properties. This flagship resort offers 173 luxuriously appointed villas surrounded by lush tropical gardens and Asian watercourts. All villas feature a king-sized bed, bathtub and private pool in a landscaped garden. Complimentary minibar except alcoholic drinks with daily refill for all villa categories. The perfect haven to spend time with loved ones, Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts caters for romance, with its private pool villa, fragrant gardens and saltwater lagoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and TripOnline SA so you can book your Banyan Tree Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Banyan Tree Phuket Cherngtalay
- Banyan Tree Phuket Thailand