“Thai style luxury with service to match”
Review of At Panta

At Panta
Ranked #80 of 95 Hotels in Thalang District
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Thai style luxury with service to match”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed in a pool villa here for a month so my review is well balanced after seeing guests come and go in the Month of December. I saw the resort full and not so.

Firstly, the resort is not on the beach but then I would not say it is off the beaten track as it is right within walking distance of the Thalang intersection. From here, you can get everywhere in Phuket. The resort also offers a shuttle to the beach and surin beach at that which is the best in the area, lots of restaurants and a great beach club called Catch.

The Resort is well laid out, spacious but intimate in style. The pool villas are wonderful, you really feel like you are in Thailand as opposed to a regular hotel room in the countless of other resorts around. They are luxurious with a huge bed, wonderful architecture with high wooden ceilings and a fine bathroom attached with hot water.

They are serviced to a high standard.

The pool is great, very spacious with a swim up bar complete with a happy hour.

The restaurant is really quite good. It is of course Thai food with a small selection of international food. Breakfast is an adequate fresh buffet.
Room service is also available.

There are 2 computers in the lobby area which are free to use which is very handy. Also there is free wi-fi around the pool so if you check into a pool villa, take your tablet or laptop and you'll be online. Speed is fine.

There is a small bar with a pool table and any day trips you would like to book are easily accomplished from the resort.

There is a small spa on site but to be honest I did not use it as I found it a little expensive compared with what is around and it didn't look too great, it might be though, I just didn't try it.

My advice is that with the money you will save staying at this resort, you could afford to rent a car for your stay, the resort can arrange this for a very acceptable fee. You will then find yourself free to explore and this resort is in exactly the right position on the island to explore. Patong , one way is 45 mins. Phuket Town the other way is around 30 mins, airport is around 20 mins. It is very central compared with other locations.

Driving is fun as long as you drive confidently. In Thailand they drive on the left as in the UK and to fill up your car will cost you around 1,200 baht only. As long as you have first class insurance which most companies include for free your all set. don't worry about the excess as it is nothing. Just rent the car, check it's got 1st class insurance and your away.

So, all in all I had a thoroughly nice stay at At Panta, the staff were really friendly, nothing was too much. It was clean, the villa was really lovely, just steps from the pool. Nothing woke me up in the morning or at night and the location ended up being brilliant with a car.

If you want the real Thai experience in a relaxing ambient setting then this is for you.

Room Tip: Pool Villa , Free Wi-Fi
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank cliffly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2012

we stayed at at panta for 3 nights in Nov 2011 we had a deal of pay for 2 nights get 1 free, the accomadation was lovely and free transport to the beach was good. On our stay there wasnt many other guests which we didnt mind. food was really good but for a change one night we went to the buffet restaurant down the road which was cheaper and a good experience as you cook your meal. we couldnt fault the room at all we had the pool villa, however take plenty of moscitto spray.

HOWEVER.......OUR STAY WAS THEN RUINED. On our last day we got in the taxi to our next destination 2minutes down the road i realised i had left my mobile under my pillow got back to the room and the maids had been in....... you know where this is going ...... phone had gone when rang it was off, i got them to empty the bundles of washing and wasnt in them. The female manager even came down to our room with the maids to look and nothing!!! the manager asked me to email her when i got to my next destination incase it was in another bag and left her my contact details. i did email her to inform her it hadnt turned up.
SO PLEASE BEAWARE OF YOUR BELONGINGS AND THE LIEING MANNAGEMENT!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarah b
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Hotel has a great area, big and really nice. I even didn't explored everything the hotel has as we stayed there just 2 nights. Little lake, huge field with real ox eating fresh grass at the morning. A lot of cozy pavilions around where you can do yoga or just seating and relaxing. Natural smells are amazing!
We stayed with 2 friends of my and took suit room (2 rooms + 2 bathrooms + kitchen). Room was excellent! With huge terrace where you even can have sunbath naked as nobody can see you.
Stuff is really warmly welcoming. Thank them for all their help!
For example, without any problem or charge I left my suitcase for almost one week (while I was travelling around).

NB: There are a lot of Russians. I was expecting more international audience though.

Room Tip: Suits are good.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2012

At Panta can be a tricky location to get to as not everyone knows it, but once there it's a little haven. The receptionist had no record of our reservation, which is potentially worrying and made check-in a lengthy affair, but the lady was very polite and professional, provided welcome drinks as I waited and upgraded us to poolside villas.

The rooms are spacious and designed in cute Thai style the triangle cushions on the terrace out front. AC doesn't work particularly well and the lock on the room was faulty but they sent an engineer over straight away. I liked the eco-touch of providing toiletries in ceramic, re-fillable bottles. I would say that if you book a triple, you should reasonably expect a room with three proper beds in, not an added put-me-up. This isn't unusual in the hotel trade but isn't fair.

Wifi is now free of charge and taxis to get around are priced fairly at the local going rate. Really can't grumble so don't know why others do!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Having booked a last minute Christmas get away my partner and I stumbled upon At Panta which seemed to be the answer i.e. not in the hustle and bustle of Patong and close enough to Surin beach (we thought).

We got there before check in time and once our villa was ready we settled in and took the bus to Surin Beach. These run at 10am and 2pm down and 2.30pm and 5pm back otherwise it is a 400 baht taxi journey. For a 15minute trip that seems a little steep i thought. If you want to go further i.e. Patong it's 800 baht ......

Unfortunately the real problem with this place lies with what happens when you get food poisoning as we did on boxing day. To get supplies i.e. immodium, water and rehydration sachets i took the 15 minutes walk the other way to Thalang but when i returned and also felt ill we were at the mercy of the poor food of the hotel and over inflated prices for water.

All in all we called it a day 2 nights early, no refund given and a 700 baht taxi ride to the airport....

nice place but a bit isolated.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Thalang District hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 January 2011

This resort was beautiful, we stayed in a villa, it was very quiet and perfect for a honeymoon, you do have to travel by taxi to get to nearest towns but the hotel do shuttles everyday to Surin where there is a lovely beach and lots of great places for food.

The food in this hotel was lovely not 5 star but nice and the waiting staff were so kind. I would go back.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
australia
Reviewed 20 August 2010

I don't know what they use as a potpurri but when we opened our room it stunk of it and the kids didn't want to go inside. It was some mixture of Menthol and mothballs and wood gone mouldy. We put it outside and over the day the room became fresher. Once the overpowering musky smell was gone the Rooms were nice and clean and serviced daily. We didn't hear any noise of Traffic as previous reviewers suggested but our rooms were in the middle of the resort. The Big pool was beautiful to swim in and the resort had a lovely feel about it. Our Breakfast was excellent probably the best of our trip. Not buffet, Made to order, fruits, croissants, danishes, cereal, poached eggs, bacon, sausages, the works. Its not in a great location but as another reviewer said, I don't understand people complaining about location its easy to see and know this by looking on any map before you come. They offer a free shuttle service to the beach so I find no problem with resorts in slightly out of the way places with cheaper prices offering a shuttle. One time the manager picked us up in his ute and let the kids sit in the back of it. We loved it, with the wind in our hair, the kids laughed and waved at everyone the whole way home. Its these personal touches that make a stay memorable.
Aside of the smelly room at first we had 3 wonderful days at Panta. There was an electrical problem in our room on the last night which was very annoying but one of those incidences that are out of the blue and not really the resorts fault. But we did feel it wasn't handled with very well. And I agree with others that Internet should be Free when staying at a Resort.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family