“Out of this World”

Ranked #28 of 95 Hotels in Thalang District
Sydney, Australia
“Out of this World”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed at Thanyapura recently for 10 days. This place is incredible. Every little box had been ticked, the rooms, beds, food, atmosphere etc.....it was all incredible!!! The sports facilities are the best i have ever seen (and I've seen a few) and if you're after a relaxing getaway, this is the place to go! It's a little out of the way in terms of touristy stuff but if you're there to getaway and aren't into the seediness of some of the other areas in Phuket, then stay at Thanyapura. If you're an athlete, you HAVE to stay here.....I will be coming back and using Thanyapura as a training base for much of 2014.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ben H
Sonia-Sonthaya2013, Executive Assistant Manager at Thanyapura Sports Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Ben H,

Greeting from Thanyapura – Active & Healthy Lifestyle!

What a review? :-)

I would like to seize this opportunity to Thank You on behalf of my staff for writing such a beautiful review on TripAdvisor!

I am thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your long stays with us and you were also able to experience the entire incredible services & world class sports facilities at Thanyapura Sports & Leisure Club.

In addition to my enthusiasm, we have been particularly taking the pleasure to look after you and we would like to see you soon in your next plan to Phuket.

Don’t’ let us wait too long!

Thanks a million,

Sonia, Sonthaya Thongmeesukh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I recently spent a day training at Thanyapura and exploring the sports facilities, which are like nothing I have seen before. The pool was exceptional and felt fantastic to swim in, and the expert coaching from Jurgen Zack and Chris McCormack was extremely enjoyable and beneficial. I can't wait to come back and spend more time here, using it is a training base in the lead up to my next Ironman.

1 Thank Craig T
Dear Craig T,

Greeting from a Sports Paradis – Thanyapura Phuket, Active & Healthy Lifestyle!

We are very delighted to have your trained in our sports complex with our Ironman Legend Jurgen Zack and yes, our celebrity Tri-athlete Chris McCormack which is now taking rein as Executive Chairman at Thanyapura. Very exciting!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcome you back to Thanyapura Sports & Leisure Club and we are hoping our Thanyapura Sports Hotel will be at your choice again soon.

With my best regards,

Sonia, Sonthaya Thongmeesukh
Manila
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Toured Thanyapura as part of a triathlon camp and wished we could have held the entire camp at the place. The hotel rooms are spacious, and the beds very comfortable Posturepedic (important if you've had a hard day's training). As a sports hotel guest you get free access to Thanyapura Sports and Leisure Club's fitness center, daily group fitness classes, 25-meter and 50-meter Olympic-quality pool, and athletics track, but if you can't be bothered to move, the sports hotel has a 25-meter lap pool. The hotel stay is best matched with TSLC's sports training packages (triathlon, football, tennis, and swimming) as it is quite isolated from other usual activities in Phuket, like the beach or island hopping.

Room Tip: Request a ground-floor room if you have a bicycle so you don't have to carry your bike up the st...
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I spent two amazing days at Thanyapura, had a tour of the first class facility. Swam in their amazing 50 meter by 3 meter deep pool coached by the fantastic Jurgen Zack, the Gym weight and cardio equipment I was so excited I wanted to stop and do a work right there and then, Lunch was fresh, organic and delicious, by the way you must visit the smoothie bar Yum. Sports hotel had everything an athlete would ask for even a hook as you walk in the door for your bike. The Mind centre was so peaceful and calming it gave me the feeling I wish they had a meditation session to start right then. I would highly recommend anyone from aspiring athletes to world-class athletes. I would recommend you Google it now. Looking forward to my return very soon in 2014.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Natalie S
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I have just come back from a week training with the team at Thanyapura, this place is amazing. The triathlon program is world class with coaches like Jurgen Zach. Thanyapura is perfect for someone wanting to improve in the lead up an ironman or do a good build in the off season. the rooms are spacious and well equipped, the food available at the restraunt in incredible. The hotel is far enough away from everything so you can focus on yourself and your training, but not too far away that things aren't accessible. I will be back for sure. this is not a resort style hotel so don't expect it to be, it is a sports hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I received a tour of Thanyapura and I wish I stayed there during my recent visit. If you are sports minded and want a training camp location, this is heaven. They have all the facilities you could ever dream of needing if you are a top athlete - looking after your mind as well as your body. There is a mind-wellness centre for yoga and meditation and they also offer blood testing and tailored packages with some of the world's leading coaches.
If you want a hotel by the beach to just relax, this is not the place for you, but if you want to focus on training and getting in the best shape possible, there is nowhere like it in Asia Pacific or possibly the world.
Their website needs work and it read only after the tour I learnt a lot of this stuff.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Clint M
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is totally empty, I only see 3 other guests beside us.
Far away from everywhere.
Nothing's much to do if you don't want to play tennis and swim all day. They will charge you 800baht(one way)for transportation to outside Phuket town. Even to the main road will cost you 300baht. Rent a bike from them is 350baht per day which is also Unbelievable!! (Market rate is 150baht)
Only one things is good is they have one yoga class in the morning at 8:15 for an hours which I can do(btw, totally not professional) and after that, how can I spend so many hours playing tennis and swim?
Also, they only have one restaurant inside the resort. I can't keep eating at the same place and the same things for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I think they can't call themselves sport hotel. Any basic hotel will have swimming pool and gym. They only add up tennis and football area, but how can we play football with only the 2 of us?
About the room, is just a basic standard hotel room, nothing's specials and nothing's much to say.
It is just ok.
I would never come back and I don't understand why the review is so good in here.
The staff is not really friendly, when I ask them something, they all look like dreaming, no emotion at all. I have to ask everything a few times and I'm sure they do speak English.
At the end of our stay they ask the driver to drive us to the wrong place as well, thanks god we could pay extra for the driver and he agreed to send us to the right place. So it is all about money.

8 Thank Esbella20