“Great Place for a sports enthusiasts!!”

Thanyapura Health & Sports Resort
Ranked #28 of 97 Hotels in Thalang District
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I spent 4 days here. All the classes I attended were all amazing. I love a holiday whereby I can relax, eat, unwind and exercise as & when I like. I had the best holiday ever!! It is the most meaningful holiday for me whereby I feel so rejuvenated & recharged!!
I will definitely come back!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Thanyapura Health & Sports Resort

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed at Thanyapura 2 nights. Being as a travel guru, I must say that the property is the best in Thailand, the facilities are excellent for those who are looking for health and lifestyle, a retreat for your mind, body and soul.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Worldtraveljoy
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I recently spent 5 weeks in Thanyapura and it was a perfect way to start getting back in shape after long break.
If you are serious about sport holidays, it is probably one of best places in the World.

The hotel is new, very clean and well designed for athletes (even includes bike hook so the bike will not take too much space). Rooms are spacious and bed is extremally comfortable (best hotel sleep I ever had).
Sport center is the top class, with amazing 50m pool (and two 25m pools if things get busy), top of the line gym, football field with running track, quite a few tennis courts and soon to be opened military style bootcamp course.
What makes this place even more impressive, are people working there (in how many places, you can go for a bike ride with 2 of the biggest names in triathlon, then have a nutrition chat with olympic team strength trainer and go to a mind training session with official translator for Dalai Lama).
While the restaurant is not cheap, all the food you get there is high quality (Thanyapura has its own organic farm) and very tasty.

Some people may find the location not ideal as it is not by the beach, so think about renting car or scooter if you plan to stay longer (taxis are expensive everywhere in Phuket).

1  Thank Marek F
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I recently stayed at Thanyapura for 4 days. The sports facilities are fantastic. I was mainly interested in the tennis courts (they have 4 indoor courts, 2 outdoor courts and great coaching staff), and i also enjoyed the yoga classes, gym, running track and selection of swimming pools. Lots of stuff I didn't have time to use; the world-class triathlon program looks impressive.

The rooms are modern and clean. The staff are superb - literally every one of them. I'd like to single out Wow from the hotel restaurant, who was super-helpful with my special dietary requirement.

The surroundings are beautiful too - though slightly far from the main tourist spots in Phuket.

I'd highly recommend this place for a sports and relaxation holiday and hope I'm lucky enough to visit again.

2  Thank Johnny S
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Thanyapura is still an unfound gem located in a picturesque rainforest setting in Phuket, Thailand.

The sporting facilities are numerous and world class, the sports hotel is top notch (even a space for your precious bike to sleep!) and the restaurants make use of the fresh organic foods from their own farm a little further north on the island. RELAX - there is also a bar to grab a juice or something stronger to relax your weary bodies!

To top this all off there are all manner of highly experienced trainers their to set you straight on whatever sports you are into.

Maybe one to keep to yourself cause once all your friends know about it......... YOU'LL NEVER GET IN!!

Room Tip: all rooms are awesome!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kim L
Sonia-Sonthaya2013, Executive Assistant Manager at Thanyapura Health & Sports Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Kim L,

Warm greeting from Thanyapura – Active & Healthy Lifestyle!

We are so pleased to read that you had a most enjoyable stay with us in our “First Asia World Class Sports Paradise at Thanyapura Sports & Leisure Club and Sports Hotel”.

It was very useful and wishes to thank you for taking your precious time to write about us and sharing your gracious comment about our team. And we cant wait to see you again in a nearby future. Let’s plan your next trip out!

With my best regards,

Sonia, Sonthaya Thongmeesukh

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I recently visited Thanyapura as part of a training camp. We went on a tour through the site, enjoyed lunch and completed a training session in the pool. My son and I found the resort amazing as they had covered so many sport all at the one facility. The rooms are very spacious which even included a bike rack to hang pushbikes on. The facility is of international standard with excellent athlethic, swimming, soccer, tennis and gymnasium features. The food we were served for lunch and breakfast was of the highest standard. My son competed in the Junior Challenge triathlon on the Saturday and the staff ran a very professional event for the juniors. We both look foward to returning to Phuket over the next couple of years and look foward to staying at the resort and making the most of more that it has to offer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Glenn S
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed at Thanyapura recently for 10 days. This place is incredible. Every little box had been ticked, the rooms, beds, food, atmosphere etc.....it was all incredible!!! The sports facilities are the best i have ever seen (and I've seen a few) and if you're after a relaxing getaway, this is the place to go! It's a little out of the way in terms of touristy stuff but if you're there to getaway and aren't into the seediness of some of the other areas in Phuket, then stay at Thanyapura. If you're an athlete, you HAVE to stay here.....I will be coming back and using Thanyapura as a training base for much of 2014.

1  Thank Ben H

Dear Ben H,

Greeting from Thanyapura – Active & Healthy Lifestyle!

What a review? :-)

I would like to seize this opportunity to Thank You on behalf of my staff for writing such a beautiful review on TripAdvisor!

I am thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your long stays with us and you were also able to experience the entire incredible services & world class sports facilities at Thanyapura Sports & Leisure Club.

In addition to my enthusiasm, we have been particularly taking the pleasure to look after you and we would like to see you soon in your next plan to Phuket.

Don’t’ let us wait too long!

Thanks a million,

#9 of 36 in Choeng Thale
The Pavilions Phuket
The Pavilions Phuket
#4 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to Thanyapura Health & Sports Resort? Share your experiences!