“Amazing sports hotel”

Ranked #27 of 95 Hotels in Thalang District
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Amazing sports hotel”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed here with my sports mad family who took advantage of the package deals on offer. I was initially worried that if you weren't a triathlete this hotel would be disappointing but there is so much more to do - plenty of good classes and instructors (cardio tennis and total body strength in particular), pools to lounge by and delicious cocktails. Try the espresso martini! Only disappointment were the toiletries - terrible shampoo, especially as you end up showering two to three times a day.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank karina86
Aaron F, Guest Relations Manager at Thanyapura Health & Sports Resort, responded to this review, 3 November 2014
Dear Karina, thank you kindly for you review.

Fantastic to hear you and your family had a great time, I will pass on the comment to the hotel about the Shampoo so they can address this.

Any time you need to escape the U.K for some tropical weather and a sports crazy vacation we'll be here for you :-)

Thanks kindly and stay safe.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Thai first
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Had an absolutely amazing time here, where else can you rub necks with some of the best triathletes in the world and feel like you completely fit with them, in no matter your ability! The sporting facilities are incredible.and the classes provided ensure there's never a dull moment. All fitness levels and interests are catered for. As a family we are all very different (one likes to lie by the pool, one loves to run, the other loves to gym and swim) and all interests were catered for. We enjoyed it so much that instead of going to our pre-booked patong hotel for 4 nights we instead came back here. Thanks thanyapura, will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in 3 types of rooms and all where very good especially the Legend room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Paid 1,500 USD for membership because of their unique mind training program and ONE week later was told the program is closed for 2 months and a "sorry we have a no refund policy". Great facilities. Badly managed. Generally more staff standing around than customers. I can see why!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank magicjeni
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 11 nights to get my training back on track. The sports facilities are second to none and the staff are amazingly helpful. The medical support staff (physio, chiro, etc) are of the highest quality. My wife has suffered from a sore back for years and it flared up after our flight so she saw the chiro and rates him as the best she has ever seen.
I participated in all the triathlon training sessions and all the staff and regulars were very welcoming. As a back of the pack athlete I was worried I wouldn't be up to standard but they cater for all levels.
I also did some mind training sessions with Andrea and highly recommend spending some tie with him for anything from trying to improve performance under pressure situations (sporting or business) through to calming your mind.
The location could be a sticky point for those staying with partners who don't want to train (my wife didn't want to train) so budget for taxis or scooter/car hire.
There is only 1 restaurant but if you have transport there are some great spots not too far away.
I will definitely be back there as soon as I can.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clint M
Brisbane
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed in the Sports wing travelling with my daughters swimming school group. Her group was separately housed in the cheaper Retreat wing, a short outdoor 30 meter walk from the Sports hotel. These two hotels are niche for those who are serious about sport training. The sport facilities are world class, and the training sessions on offer are amazing. I talked each morning at breakfast to hotel patrons, they say this hotel is a secret gem for sports enthusiasts. It's a little out of the way, and there is no beach you can walk to. There is only one restaurant and one coffee shop available. But I truly enjoyed each meal. The buffet breakfast was always great. My room was upgraded to the Sports suite. Oh my gosh this room was fantastic. If you can ask for room 1276 you won't be disappointed. My younger child absolutely loved their kids club. While I am not a sporting person, I really enjoyed my weekend stay. There is a lovely 25 meter pool with bar in the Sports hotel. Which hardly anyone used. The staff went out of their way to help our group. They arranged two vans with driver to take us around, pick up and drop off to the airport (for a fee) They gave us beach towels and golf umbrellas for our day outings. Nothing was ever too much trouble. I think the Sports hotel is newer and nicer, so if you can, I'd suggest you stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bluebelle9
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent place and services. Stayed there with family for 2 weeks. Safe. Secured. Very clean. Staff are so helpful and friendly. Speak excellent English. Pool is maintained and checked on a daily basis. Restaurant food is excellent. Fresh. We ate fish nearly every day. Thanks thanyapura

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Showtimetravel
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stay on average in about 40 hotels a year. The Thanyapura Sports Hotel Phuket is like no other hotel I have ever stayed in. The service and attention to detail from this hotel is outstanding. If you are looking for world class Triathalon and tennis training and facilities, this is possibly the best hotel and facility in South East Asia. This hotel is only 15 minutes from Phuket International Airport. This hotel is not a business hotel but when it comes to a hotel geared towards world class training in Triathalon and tennis, this hotel goes beyond anything I have ever seen before. There is also a separate hotel next door dedicated towards meditation and yoga. You really have to experience this hotel. Seeing is believing. A word of advice would be to check with the hotel first and book your visit when there is no competition taking place or large groups of athletes in house when its not busy. Simply fantastic.

Room Tip: Check with the hotel first and book your visit when there is no competition taking place or large gr...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family