“Everything right except for the meat”

Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 23 April 2014

It's clean, cutely decorated, has a great menu but the burger meat isn't meat. It's like meatloaf. If you are going to have a burger joint, please offer a real burger, not ground beef with a ton of additives, spices and who knows what. My hats off to the folks who put this together because they really got a lot right. Now lets get the quality of the meat right and it will be a hit for my family. I don't mind paying the big bucks if the meat is high quality. Until then, I don't think its worth it.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This place is actually now called "The Flip Side" - not sure why they changed their name. We decided to go here on a whim on a Saturday night. The place was practically empty so we grabbed a booth inside. They have outside seating as well but it's not a great street for people watching. Anyway, the place is pretty spotless. Very nicely decorated as well. We took one look at the menu and my mouth dropped - I couldn't believe how expensive the food was. My wife ordered the BBQ pork ribs (450 baht) and I ordered the NYC Burger (395 baht). I looked at the drink menu and was in for another shock - the cheapest bottle beer is 270 baht. The selection is amazing - they've got beers here that you won't find anywhere else. The only beers they have on draft is Stella and Hoegaarden, though. I was tempted to try one of their many craft ales, but the prices stopped me. The food arrived and I have to say that it was fantastic. Best burger I've had in Thailand - really really good. The service is also very good - they are quite attentive and smiles all around.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

This is THE place to go for a great burger? The meat was good, the bun( we had wholewheat) was excellent and fresh and the choice of toppings mind boggling.
Yes probably was a bit more pricey but then if you are looking for cheap then go to McDonalds. if you are looking for quality then go to this place, which is also called Flipside.
The location is a little set away from the road but it's by the Andaman massage...a few doors down from Tom Rolex ... He's the man who sells watches and bags!
We also had muchos nachos which were also very good.
Only criticism was that one of the potato choices....the baked potato ..was not available but they happily replaced the chips with a side salad for me. My kids had curly chips and husband had chunky which were also very good.

1  Thank debbiebreslaw
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The burgers are expensive, BUT you do get a good quality product. However, given the location and dining ambience, I do not expect to pay that much for a meal. We sat outside as the dining area was too hot with the open kitchen, but you are sitting by a busy dusty road...no people watching opportunities!

I do agree with previous reviewer, Laguna does need more places like this, simple good food. I hope BBC does survive in this area, as we'd go back for sure if in Phuket again. Great friendly service also!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

i have to be honest .. came here looking for a big burger with large fries .. its definitely aimed more at the gourmet market , as the burger was small enough for one hand and the portion of fries also felt quite small for the 75 baht =/