“Love this place!!!”

Ranked #32 of 96 Hotels in Thalang District
Bateau Bay, Australia
“Love this place!!!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We visited in Oct 2013 for first time. Being our Honeymoon in 2013 we were keen to return to this resort. We booked a Pool Beach Villa on Hotelclub. On arrival we were upgraded to a 3 bedroom suite over looking the beach with its own pool - JUST AWESOME and they didnt know it was our Honeymoon. 2 Open minibars and we were in heaven.

Be aware - yes it is secluded and sits on its own beach (that's the whole point of going there.....I don't understand how others have made out in their review that this is a shock.....do your homework!!). We made one $6 return taxi trip to Nai Thon for supplies and never left the hotel again. You don't need to - Bfast (included) is awesome, the food for dinner is higher than standard but you expect that. You have access to crystal clear beach at your door step and pools. You can go a day without actually seeing anyone which is just the break we wanted. The staff are amazing and always helpful - for those who complain about people not being able to speak english....... you need to accept that you are in Thailand - so if you want to get upset about a language issue - LEARN THAI....otherwise accept that some things may not go exactly as you want.

On Wed night we were invited to the managers cocktail reception which was drinks and finger food included on the beach at sunset. Was lovely and great excuse to meet some other people.

The resort is in a tropical rain forest area and maintenance must be tough to keep up with. in saying that - again if you keep your expectations realistic then you will love it. (ok our pool light and porch light didn't work - does it really matter?? - seriously I would ask why you not enjoying the amazing view of the beautiful beach (keep in mind we are Australians and see beaches everyday but these are something special..

On a whole this resort is awesome for people wanting a quiet getaway. We use it as a great relaxation venue before we head into Patong.

We will definitely be back again soon!!!

Room Tip: Definately go the Beach Front Pool villas!!! They are worth it!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank hankfrost

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Drouin, Australia
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in the middle part of a trip to Thailand. The setting is private and located about 15 mins. from Phuket airport. It is not close to anything really. Just a place to chill out, relax and enjoy the magnificent setting and beauty of the area. They provide free fruit platters each afternoon and happy hour each day.There are outdoor showers and our room had a jacuzzi on the deck- overlooking the pool and beach. It really is a magnificent setting. Great contrast from the business of Patong. I think that kids would be bored here but for a private adult resort- It is magnificent.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank cheryl m
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at 5 hotels during our trip to Thailand and this was by far the best of them all. It was perfect in everyway! The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to provide a great service. Breakfast was outstanding, free fruit and smoothies were provided everyday by the pool! The resort has 3 restaurants all providing outstanding food, however it is very expensive in comparison to the rest of Thailand. The beach was stunning and most days there were only one or two other couples on the beach so it was very relaxing.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Omi1993
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My partner and I had the pleasure of staying at Andaman White Beach resort for 6 nights on our first trip to Phuket. After reading reviews on TA, we were left quiet certain about what to expect, and we can say that the resort lived up to our expectations.
Yes, it was quite isolated but as we were looking for a quiet, relaxing holiday, that didn’t bother us. We found it to be breathtakingly beautiful! We still managed to leave the resort three times to visit other places, at our own expense but transport was easily organised through reception and we didn’t find it that expensive.
From the moment we arrived we were treated as special guests, firstly being greeted by a cool lemongrass drink and cold wet towel to help the hot and weary travellers and then being surprised by an upgrade to a hotel room with a plunge pool at the managers discretion, which we didn’t expect. We were delighted as although we were right by the water’s edge, the sea was far too choppy for swimming so we enjoyed being able to dip in our own private pool as we pleased.

Other pleasantries included complimentary water bottles as needed, complimentary fruit by the pool each afternoon consisting of the local fruits – mangosteen, rambutan, mango, bananas and logans. We both looked forward to this time of the day as an appetizer to the half price cocktails before dinner!
We rotated our meals between each of the three onsite restaurants which satisfied whichever of our gastronomical whims whether it be casual pizza at the downstairs beachfront pizzeria or traditional Thai cuisine upstairs at the open air restaurant which also served us a delicious buffet breakfast (also complimentary) each morning. There was also a poolside restaurant where you could have any type of meat or fish barbequed to your taste. There was also the option of having delicious fruity juices delivered to our beach cabana after putting the ‘little green flag’ out!

All the staff were very friendly, always ready with a smile and couldn’t do enough to help. No, the English wasn’t great, but we were always understood. Learning to say ‘hello’ and ‘thank-you’ in Thai also helped in gaining some extra interaction from the staff. We also appreciated the invite to the manager’s midweek cocktail evening on the beach where we shared cocktails, canapés and got to meet and talk with the manager as well as some of the other staff – it was a nice touch! Another special touch was allowing us to stay by the pool and use the showers after our check out as our flight didn’t leave until later in the day. This allowed us to enjoy the resort up until the very last minute!

Overall, we couldn’t compliment the staff at Andaman Resort enough. We enjoyed our stay so much we would not hesitate in going back. The quality of facilities, cleanliness and overall atmosphere is commendable.

Room Tip: Depending on your fitness you may do well to ask for a room on beach level as there are many stairs...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My friend and I stayed at Andaman White Beach Resort for 8 nights. We booked a sea-view deluxe with Jacuzzi through expedia, but upon our arrival we were upgraded to the private pool villa. We were very happy about that knowing that we will have a pool to ourselves right on the beach. They had provided us with a welcome meal in our room which included fries, and vegetable sandwiches, as well as fresh fruit. Our flight was delayed; thus we ended up arriving the next morning at 6am. After checking in and refreshing we went to breakfast which was included in our package. Buffet breakfast seemed good on the first few days, but got boring after the 4th day, as the displayed food was generally the same. Not to say the food was bad, it was good; just boring. I wish they would change it up a bit. However, totally doable, with a salad station, breads, cheese, meats, fruit, pastry, egg station, milk, and hot noodle and so dishes. Service was good throughout the resort. We took advantage of the free fruit platter served daily between 5-6pm. Really enjoyed that! They also have happy hour between 6-7pm which we partook in as well. Since the resort is far from Phuket town, we stayed in the whole time (it wasn't our first visit to Phuket) and thus we ate dinner at all the restaurants. My favorite one was the pizzeria on the beach. I liked their pizzas and salads. We also tried their fresh sea food restaurant located just above. Went there a few times, and the food was quite good as well. Last, we ate dinner at the same restaurant that provides breakfast in the morning. In the evening it is transformed into a Thai/Italian restaurant. I must say I didn't really enjoy the Thai food, but that's just my personal taste. The Italian food was really good. My favorite dessert was the sticky rice and mango, as well as the coconut custard served in roasted young coconut. You must try that if you like coconuts! We also ordered room service for lunch while we stayed in our pool. They have a good selection of freshly squeezed juices which we had everyday.

The main hotel pool is great. Quite spacious for easy laps, and spent a lot of time there as well. They provided complimentary freshly squeezed watermelon juice in the afternoon, which was a nice touch. The beach is great, it was very clean and quite big. Lifeguard was always on duty, and very friendly. The beach is private which I really liked. Spent early mornings, and late afternoons walking around and taking it all in. Although, we got there in the last week of August 2013, which was the rainy season, we only had rain on two occasions. It rained a bit one afternoon, and on our day of departure. In terms of housing, we did enjoy our pool villa, the pool was cleaned daily, with great views of the sea. The deck had two lounge chairs, and a table, plus a separate two chairs and another table, as well as a little built-in couch by the door. I wish the room was a bit bigger, but it definitely fit us and our needs well. The bathroom was an okay size but the bathtub was a little strange. You had to climb down into it. It was okay, but I see an older person having a lot of problems coming in and getting out. However, I believe you can request a room with a proper bathtub, not sure if those are beachfront though.

There is a nice Japanese girl at reception; I believe her name is Momo, she was of great help. During our stay there were some Japanese staying, Korean, Europeans and Middle Eastern. A mix of people, which I like to see at hotels or resorts.

In terms of the problems; one major one was the internet. When I did my booking I was looking for resorts if wifi as I do work on line. This resort said it had it. However, upon arrival, I was told the internet was down and they weren’t sure when it would work again. I’m not sure if that was the case, or whether the internet in the farther off pool villas was too far away for access. This was a problem for me and had to bring my laptop to the main pool area or reception (daily) in order to use it. It was doable but the reception area is rather small and the pool area is outside; thus working in the night wasn’t too suitable for me getting bit by mosquitoes. They do not have a business center or a enclosed sitting area, aside from the enclosed gym which closes at 8pm I believe. Aside from that, it was a great stay, so great in fact that I changed my flight and tried to extend for another week, but unfortunately they were fully booked on all the sites. I also inquired in person, but no luck. Thus I booked two more hotels. (See my review of Sawasdee Village Hotel and Maikhao Dream Resort and Spa Natai).

We did laundry on a few occasions and that along with the lunches and dinners seemed quite expensive. It came to over $500.00 USD which seemed high for Thailand.

I would recommend this resort for those seeking privacy and relaxation; or those who want to stay at a private beach resort. If they fixed the internet issue, I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: If you need interenet/wifi ask for rooms near the main pool area. Higher villas give great views but...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank shate
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We arrived at Andaman white beach ready to start our relaxing section of our honeymoon. We arrived at 2pm and were told we had received a free upgrade to a pool villa - nice!
Very excited we sat and waited while they repaired a light in our room. We were told it wouldn't be long.
We wandered around the grounds then came back to reception. A lady was there complaining about a snake in front of her sons room. My husband is terrified of snakes, so this was not the best start.
After reassuring him that we would be fine, we still hadn't been shown our room.
We strolled into the closest village - around a 20 minute walk up and down hills, then came back and finally were shown to our room. Not so happy about the long wait but couldn't complain as we had been upgraded.
The room was lovely the pool was great but the garden around the villa was a little unkempt and tired looking.
The outdoor shower was nice and we had no further problems while we were there.
gorgeous sunsets from our pool. We didn't eat in the hotel at all except fro the breakfast which was standard.
I woud say that this resort is very far from anything else. So if you don't intend to leave the resort than this is great but if you want to venture simply into the village a taxi will cost you 100baht and it is only 1 km or 2. Very expensive if you are doing it multiple times a day. We hired scooters - very cheap and much better.

Room Tip: Pool villa for sure. Jacuzzi rooms are right on the pubic pool so not very private.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank islandgirl2112
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The staff were so lovely , always smiling & nothing was to much .
For this who complain about it being to far away then stay in Patong , the beautiful thing about Andaman is the privacy , quite secluded beach / breathtaking .
The invite to the managers welcome party was a lovely touch & nice we to meet some staff over a free drink with am amazing sunset .
Sure the resort is needing some upgrades but this is in place & Management are well aware of it .

My wife & I had an amazing week and didn't stop us doing any tours but always looked forward to returning to the most romantic spot in the area Phuket .

Paul & Kerryn

Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach
Surin Beach Resort
Surin Beach Resort
#13 of 34 in Choeng Thale

Been to Andaman White Beach Resort? Share your experiences!