Andaman White Beach Resort
Twinpalms Phuket(Thalang District)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$180
SALA Phuket Resort and Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$150
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$119
The Surin Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$209
Agoda.com
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$145
JW Marriott
  • Pool
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$119
The Pavilions Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$153
The Slate(Nai Yang)
US$159
US$122
Priceline
Banyan Tree Phuket(Thalang District)
US$540
US$405
Trisara(Choeng Thale)
US$1,185
Orbitz.com
All reviewsjacuzzi roomprivate poolfree fruitnai thonsea viewhappy hourevery afternoonoutdoor showerthai restaurantfree upgradepeace and quiethotel guestsphuket townlounge chairsrain showerlow seasonclose to the airport
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We read the reviews on tripadvisor before we left for vacation, and the service reviews are absolutely accurate.

Dwelling on the good first, the beach is amazing!!! We stayed at a resort near the Nai Yang beach before staying at Andaman. The beach there was nice, but it was not on the resort and was very crowded. Having the beach on the resort at Andaman was the best experience by far. It was very peaceful and private since there were not many people to share it with despite going during the peak season.

The beach was the only highlight of the trip, however. We stayed at Andaman for four nights, and everyday there was a different challenge with the service staff. The restaurant experiences were the absolute worst. Not only did the servers bring out the wrong food despite verifying the order, but every meal there was an issue with the bill having additional items that were not ordered. We stayed on the resort for four nights. To make matters worst, I strongly advise not eating on the resort when hungry. There is a substantial wait just to receive beverages. It does not matter which restaurant you choose.

Even the room service staff was detestable. It took three days for us to receive items such as towels and other toiletries even after placing multiple calls to the front desk. When we placed the “Do not disturb” sign on the door (which is a moon on one side and a sun on the other), the cleaning service would simply turn the sign around and enter/clean the room regardless.

We also booked a day trip via the hotel for a given price at the front desk. AFTER the trip was taken, we were informed that the price provided was wrong and that we would have to pay additional to what we were quoted to cover their mistake.

This was the absolute worst service experience EVER, hands down. What I have mentioned is only the tip of the iceberg. If you want a relaxing, peaceful vacation on an amazing beach, please visit Andaman prepared to deal with the aforementioned. My advice is to eat off of the resort and avoid having to interact with the staff. The food is better and much less expensive. My husband realized a day before we left that the nearby market sold the same beverages (alcohol and non-alcohol) as the resort at a ridiculously lower price. The market is only 5 minutes from the resort via taxi and 10-15 minutes if walking. It is worth it. I highly recommend the Macarona restaurant. It was the best food that I had my entire stay in Phuket.

Room Tip: We selected a deluxe sea-view room with Jacuzzi. Please request a higher level. We went with friends, and their sea view was on the second level. Great view. Their only complaint was they had two beds pushed together which was not at all comfortable for a couple on vacation. Request a king-sized bed versus a double bed to avoid this inconvenience. Our room was on the first floor directly in front of the pool. They stated it was an upgrade, yet I believe we were misled. Whereas we had a nice view of the sea, we also had a front row seat to the pool with absolutely no privacy. Our view was marred by sunbathers and pool goers. There is no point in desiring a view of the sea if the curtains remain drawn for the slightest amount of privacy.
1  Thank Denise H
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Our second time in Phuket, we first checked into Indigo Pearl for the first part of our trip which was wonderful in every aspect. We checked into Andaman, and upon arrival it was about an hour until check in. The staff showed us the locker room where we can lock up our bags and told us to help our self to the beach area until check in. The beach was wonderful, by far the greatest view we have seen being in Phuket. The waves were huge, and somewhat dangerous, so swim at your own risk.

Once we checked in to see the rooms where not as nice as the beach, the room was just average, nothing special about the interior, for me and my husband they gave us 2 full beds made up separately, and pushed them together to make one whole bed. Needless to say, we slept on separate beds really close to each other. The view was nice, we stayed in room 202 and could see the pool, and beach. Water pressure and toilet flushing, this resort needs some work. We had to hold the flusher for about 45 seconds in order for the toilet to flush. Water pressure was very low, kind of like sprinkler water. Another thing, it took us 3 days to finally get wash cloths, after calling the front desk 3 times, for 3 days, they assured we would have wash cloths by the night, we went to sleep and still nothing. It took reinforcement and us sitting in the waiting area for them to finally get them to us. I would suggest bringing your own, and locking them up when you leave. Last thing, they have a sign for DO NOT DISTURB (it shows a moon), and cleaning welcome (which is a sun). Depending which way you turn it will let the cleaning staff know what you would like. We kept ours on the moon meaning we do not want anybody in our room, nor do we want to be bothered. Every time we left the cleaning staff would turn it over to the sun and go in and clean. Showing they do not care about that sign, they will go in anyways.

Eating on the resort was by far the most frustrating thing I have ever experienced. We ate at Tom Yam and the pizza bar and once you go through the constant lack of understanding with the staff you quit. We finally ventures out to the next town and ate at Macrona Italian spot about 15 minute walk from the resort. Listen, everything you eat or drink on the resort is 3x more than what you will pay if you eat off the resort. And the food is so much better.

Location is fine, if you don’t want to be bothered. We wanted the option to see other stuff and were limited due to the location of the resort.

Room Tip: You could for sure find something better. I feel like the price this resort offers to stay here, you could get somewhere else and have a better experience. In all actuallity you are paying for the view and the beach. That is all!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GMawbr, General Manager at Andaman White Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Monica W
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. All points will be looked into, our apologies for the service shortcomings.

Kindly allow some clarifications from our end:

a) check in time is 2:00 pm. Guests arriving earlier are offered the locker rooms/showers/beach facilities, however, if the room is ready before 2:00 pm, guests are informed.

b) do not disturb sign: if we were to follow the sign even when you were not in the room, the change of bed linen, towels, mini bar would have not taken place, turned the sign around (sun) signifies that the housekeeping personnel can enter the room.

c) prices: yes, i agree, street restaurants are less expensive than hotel restaurants.

Thank you Ms. Monica W

Kind Regards
Your Resort Host

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in February. we had a sea view deluxe room but soon realised that all rooms had a sea view (not a bad thing). I think deluxe just means you are on the second storey (hence a better view) than the ground floor. the beachfront pool villas were slightly closer to the beach but are not private (like a similar one we had on Koh Samui). other than 1 or 2 front desk staff, English was not well spoken by the other staff but we always found them polite. trying to print out our boarding passes after 5pm was a bit of a challenge for them but we managed it in the end. the resort itself is on a secluded stretch of beach and it is white and clean and there is little seagrass in the ocean. however all the amenities look a little tired though they are serviceable enough. oddly there was no 'turndown night service' for our room at all. the spa had a reasonable deal where you could get 4 spa treatments (we could share the treatments and they did not have to be at the same time) for 5000 baht (AUD 180). the small township of Nai Thon beach is a 10 minute walk away and it will help if you speak Russian as they seem to have taken over this section of Phuket (menus were bilingual in Russian and Thai with no English - but pictures helped!). there were no night markets (food or trinkets) close by which was disappointing. a taxi fare into Patong would cost 3700 baht (AUD 135) return and it takes about one hour. so if you want nightlife don't stay here.
we found the best thing about the resort was the food. you are essentially trapped 'foodwise' (Nai Thon beach we had 2 meals which weren't that cheap and were not great) but at the resort it was always good. the included buffet breakfast was varied and good and we ate both in the BBQ pool area and in the more formal restaurant and were happy with both. neither was that expensive either though the choice of wine by the glass was limited.
we probably wouldn't stay here again as it is a bit out of the way but if seclusion at a reasonable price is what you want it may be the answer.

Room Tip: beachfront pool villas don't offer total privacy

Dear Guest
We would like to thank you for your feedback, our apologies for the service shortcomings you experienced.

Please allow a clarification: Re the taxi fare from the resort to patong
Your posted price of THB 3.700 or 135A$ is not correct

The Resort rate displayed on the counter of the reception and in all guest rooms is:
ONE WAY: Thb 1.000 or A$ 30/approx.
ROUND TRIP: Thb 1.900 or A$ 60/approx. with 3 hours waiting time.

Your Resort Host

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I don't know why tripadvisor ignore my last review on this hotel. They did not give me any feedback or did not post my review.

First of all, I want to tell other tourists that I am yet to stay with this hotel and I will never stay with this hotel. Please refer to my below true experience. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly and I will explain to you in details.

I use tripadvisor in helping me booking hotels for many years but never write a single comment. However, I really want to share my experience with others.

I have booked this hotel through HotelClub for my future Phuket holiday stay. The booking was confirmed by HotelClub and charged to my credit card instantly. As it was my first time to place hotel booking through HotelClub, I then sent an e-mail to the hotel whether they did received my booking.

However, I received an e-mail from Andaman White Beach Resort next day and have been told that my booking was canceled due to Andaman White Beach Resort's system posted a rate wrong rate with a formula error.

I replied their e-mail that it was the resort's mistake and it should not affect my booking. As the rate is submitted to hotelclub by the resort and I have completed the payment process. As such, the booking should be final and conclusive. Any deal regarding to the rate discrepancy, it should be dealt in between Hotelclub and the resort.

The hotel then replied that the IT system was written by a third IT company. Any error or problems incurred by the IT system were not their mistakes.

Are they kidding? They hired It expert for the IT system and now the IT system is now their "assets". It is ridiculous. They keep shirking the responsibility.

Hotel manger was unhappy about my e-mail that I would like to compliant this hotel to Phuket Hotel Association, As such, he was not willing to accommodate my booking with alternative arrangement.

Frankly, I never say I would take legal action but I have told them I reserved my right to make a complaint to Thailand Hotel Association. Do you think such wording was threatening them or offense them? I did only seek the advice from my lawyer friend. I also want to solve this matter instead of making a complaint to hotel association or writing a negative comment on the web. I should be the one saying I am unhappy in receiving their shirking emails and my holiday mood is in ruins.

In my opinion, no matter how you the hotel offers a good deal with bargaining price, I think you should not pick the deal as there are a lots better hotel in Phuket with competitive price.

I would also like to take this chance to thank you HotelClub. Apart from Andaman's system error, my Andaman's booking was discounted much than normal price. HotelClub covers much for the discrepancy of an alternative booking at no additional cost.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 325Jacky325
GMawbr, General Manager at Andaman White Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Guest

Yes, we contacted you re your May booking made through the online agent for $10 / night with breakfast. when we informed you about the system error immediately we contacted your online agent on how to solve this case, however, below your reply as in : No. 1-2-3. Ultimately, we concluded that after the brilliant masterpieces you wrote, an alternative accommodation would be the wiser solution. With kind regards / Your Resort Host.

Guest email No. 1
I will tell all my friends in Hong Kong and will notice the media about the awful experience and bad integrity.

Guest email No. 2
I have consulted the lawyer in Hong Kong & I will complain and file this case to Thailand or phuket hotel association.

Guest email No. 2
By the way, our below conversation is a good evidence and supporting to Thailand/Phuket Hotel Association.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We spent 4 days at this hotel. First impression was very good as the beach is outstanding. The other couple we travelled with were upgraded because the hotel was full which seemed strange as we had booked our rooms but no one objects to a free upgrade. The hotel said the room was being cleaned. An hour later and they were still waiting at reception. After some questioning we found out the room was having work done to the plumbing. They were allowed to drop their bags off and we were all given free lunch and drinks while the work was being completed. We had arrived at 2pm and they finally got into their room at about 5pm. It was ok for us as we only flew from KL but if you had come from Europe the wait would have been tough going after such a long flight. The hotel is idyllic and great for couples but beware if you have young children as there is loads of steps. We had a pushchair and after 4 days I was tired of carrying it up and down stairs all day every day. The staff are mainly female so you can't really ask them to help. I would say it's understaffed as whenever you wanted to order anything you generally needed to get up and go and find someone but there was a lot of staff around. I think it is more fair to say the staff are uncoordinated and not very well trained. We paid GBP 150 a night on a discount website and I would say this is a fair price. If I had paid full price I would want to be waited on hand and foot. Ideal hotel for a relaxing beach break. We hired a car for 2 days to get around the island as taxis are a rip off in Phuket. I would be bored staying at this hotel for more than 4 days without a car. The restaurant is limited and the bar is nice but not social. The pool and rooms are very nice. There is nowhere to go within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family