“Peaceful, private and perfect view!”
Review of Trisara

Trisara
Ranked #2 of 96 Hotels in Thalang District
Wisconsin
“Peaceful, private and perfect view!”
Reviewed 7 November 2007

I would like to add to the list of those that have had an enjoyable experience at Trisara (tree-sarah). In reading the past reviews many of which are very detailed, I will not repeat the list of wonderful amenities, I will just say that I agree with all the positive postings– from the pick up at the airport to the wonderful view from our ocean front villa #408. It is definitely about the privacy and relaxation at this resort. And it's worth the price.

I was however, not as impressed with the restaurant as most past reviewers seemed to write. Breakfast was indeed very good, but dinner did not bowl me over especially at it's high price. Though the ambience of the outdoor terrace is extremely nice, looking over the beach and ocean and tropical foliage. I regret not finding the time to try Lotus restaurant as other reviewers had suggested.

Also a note that there is still quite a bit of construction going on throughout the facility. While I could hear a circular saw and some pounding carried on the wind while laying at our villa's pool, it actually was not very bothersome. The ocean waves, various birds and insects are sounds you will hear most.

Because the resort is so private, to go anywhere is at quite a cost by taxi. Being from the US we were not inclined to take the hotel car because we are not experienced at driving on the left side of the street and the island roads take a number of twists and turns before you get to main highways... not to mention the random water buffalo and dogs crossing. So be prepared if you'd like to shop near Phuket town or Patong beach it will be about $50- 60 round trip. The hotel books your taxi and adds 20 percent on for itself (even if you call the driver direct) - if you like a driver, keep his card and try to get a little cheaper price next time, they will tell the hotel you are going on a shorter trip. I enjoyed the Central Festival mall, even though I am one more to prefer the local markets. It seemed to have a good variety of local market type trinkets at fair prices and you can still bargain with the shop keepers. Patong beach is the absolute polar opposite to Trisara. It is worth the trip just to see the difference in the crowds. Shop upon shops upon shops upon shops. The weekend open market was good to experience too- extremely cheap knockoff sunglasses (100 baht)!

We stayed for 7 days, 4 of which saw a fair amount of rain and mostly cloud cover (late Oct. is at the end of the rainy season), though not enough to keep us from our snorkeling excursion to the Phi Phi Islands (we did a group tour and found it to be private enough, without paying the much higher price of renting a private Trisara yacht) or elephant trekking. It was actually a blessing that it was not very sunny, though when it peaked out it was beautiful... just quite scorchingly hot...being pool side would be the only way to tolerate the heat and humidity!

The resort is the most peaceful and private I have ever experienced, without a doubt each villa must have a wonderful view, but the ocean front vila has to be the most fantastic. Absolutely nothing but tropical foliage beach and vast ocean in front of you...yes you can see through the landscape to the side neighbors if you really care to look, but in a few more years of growth I bet it will be most difficult. Even if the resort is full- it probably never feels crowded.

The staff is very pleasant, always a smile. Yes, there is still a bit of a language barrier but nothing that is very difficult to overcome with a bit of repetition.

The villa outdoor shower is a real treat. I loved the ginger soap.

Along with the view, having direct access to the beach is also something that I think sets Trisara apart from other resorts. It is so private. And the rocks are fun to explore at low tide- go out there and discover the crabs if you've never done it!

Wifi connection everywhere is great - that is, if you want to stay connected, but these days most of us need to.

A final note on paying your hotel bill at the end of your stay. Even though we were quoted in US dollar, the hotel converts over to Baht, however, you can pay in US dollar cash if you have it handy- which would have been to our advantage considering the conversion rate they used.

Please read the other reviews so you get a bigger picture- I've just tried to touch on some things that were not found in the others. Hope I've helped you to decide!

• Liked — villa view
  • Disliked — taxi costs
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
15 Thank JACmidwest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 October 2007

My husband & I stayed with our 1 year old daughter for 5 nights in October 2007. Trisara was perfect in every respect. The villas were a lovely design and very private. The main pool area was beautiful and restaurant areas very contemporary in design. The food (both the Thai & Western menus) was outstanding. We indulged in many spa treatments and they were all heavenly (the individual steam rooms in the spa villas will impress the most committed spa loving traveller). But perhaps our favourite aspect of Trisara was the faultless service, especially given that we were travelling with a child -the staff were always wonderful towards our daughter. We are usually keen to try new resorts than return to favourites, but in this case we would return to Trisara in a heartbeat...

Stayed October 2007
5 Thank SydTraveller10
Melbourne
Reviewed 26 September 2007

I am a self confessed Hotel Junkie, just love the special feeling that a truly luxurious hotel can give you, it is addictive!!!
.My wife and i stayed recently at Trisara for our 30th Wedding Anniversary and found it to be the equal of any hotel we have stayed at anywhere in the world over the last 25 years and believe me ,we have stayed in some great hotels, (especially in Europe).
Why is Trisara so special? the service is as good as it gets,in fact i believe that only in Asia can they afford to offer the type of service that is exceptional. Good service can be found in any well managed establishment in any developed country, but exceptional service these days is expensive, luckily in Asia it is still possible!
In an overcrowed world privacy is a luxury that you must be prepared to pay for. With only 40 villa's and 15 hectares Trisara is the epitomy of privacy.We arrived on a Sunday morning at 9.30 am fully expecting to have to wait until our room was available, we were escorted to our room, checked in and left to enjoy the complimentary Gosset Champage and the horizon pool(which we did)
The food is brilliant, and although Neil Perry (Rockpool Sydney) is heavily involved in the western menu we were much more interested in the the Thai menu which was outstanding in its clarity of flavours and use of spices.
For those who think the wine is expensive at Trisara you are right, it is! To be honest , two things bug me about Asia , high wine prices and bad coffee. High wine prices are due solely to the way Asian governments tax wine, bad coffee is a result of the lethal combinationion of poor training and the availibility of a good ''roast''. Trisara ,i am pleased to anounce has as good a coffee as you will find anywhere in Asia , in fact it is the best i have found.
How do you overcome the high wine prices? easy, bring your own! , the Thai customs at Phuket will not check your luggage so bring a few bottles of Bollinger or Pol Roger and at other times drink cocktails or beer, which goes better with Thai food anyway.
We found the breakfasts at Trisara outstanding and after 5 days still had not explored all the possibilities.
To be frank, it is the privacy that makes Trisara special, if you are looking for a romantic, secluded ,ultra luxurious resort, you will love Trisara and as much as i love the Ritz-Carlton and Four Seasons at Jimbaran Bay in Bali, i would rather be here.

• Liked — Outstanding Rooms and Villas
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
10 Thank allorasprings
Singapore
Reviewed 10 September 2007

Just returned from 5 nights at Trisara with my wife and 2 young sons, stayed in the pool villa. Weather was perfect despite rainy season. Villa was very nice however for the price paid, I'd expect better service such as sun umbrellas put out on the outdoor table and lounges. As for the service, again, good but nowhere in the league of the banyan tree. The property is on a cliff and with 2 young children in tow, it seemed at times a hassle for staff to arrange a golf buggy to return us to our villa which would have been no more than twice in the whole time we were there. Staff seemed to do just enough for what their role required but none of those extra touches that makes you want to come back, and the sort of service level you would expect in the market segment they are trying to compete in. There is only one restaurant and despite being a thai and western menu, gets a little tiresome after a couple of days breakfast, lunch & dinner at the same place. Which brings me to the billing system. No itemised bills are presented, nor do you sign for anything until you sign off on the bill upon checkout. Seemed great at the time until i requested an itemised invoice to clarify some of the charges. Now don't know if it was just me but for table water at the restaurant, choice of san pelegrino or evian. A 500ml bottle including taxes they are charging 12sgd. Beer was cheaper! Had i have known i'd have done a lot more retoxing than detoxing. Leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth when you consider the price wasnt on the menu nor do you see it on any itemised bill so in hindsight, feels like its a deliberate fleecing. Anyway thats my gripe, for me it back to the Ritz Carlton Bali Cliff Villas, better appointed, nicer more relaxing outdoor area, far superior service, better food and winelist (and more choices), and you're always sad to leave.

• Liked — well appointed villa, nice decor, great pool
  • Disliked — average service, overpriced necessities such as bottles of water.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
11 Thank DingoDan
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2007

My husband and I took my two daughters on a trip to Phuket and have just returned from the Trisara in Phuket.

Although this is the low season and the weather cannot be expected to be great at this time of the year we had a wonderful week at the Trisara with the sun showing its face every day!!

From the moment we stepped outside Phuket Airport we knew that we had made the correct choice in our destination. Not one but two cars were waiting for us. One for our luggage and one for the four of us. Cold towels and cool water were offered to us as soon as we sat down in the car.

The trip from the airport was only 10 minutes which was a total blessing and once inside the complex you would not even believe that the airport could be so near.

The view of the ocean from every area of this magical place was breathtaking.

We were greeted by the general manager who I thought was another guest!! He was charming and friendly and made us feel as though we were the only people who mattered to him.

Our Villa was unbelieveable. There were two magnificent bedrooms, two beautiful bathrooms with outside shower facilities. A great hairdryer!! Which is a total must when you take two teenage girls away!! Everything that you could think of was supplied in the bathroom, beautiful body lotion, mosquito repellent, fabulous shampoo and conditioner and these were replenished every day.

Beautiful homemade chocolates are put in the room every day, fresh fruit is provided and is different every day. There are the most amazing cookies put in a jar every day and these are all free of charge as is Trisara's own water.

Milk is provided in the fridge - home away from home.

All the rooms were kept spotlessly clean with a little army of cleaners coming in and moving about soundlessly.

Room Service came within minutes, you never had to ask twice.

The library was stocked with as many books as you can imagine and dvd's which were all there for the use of clients and no charge for the use of computers or wi-fi in your room.

My husband had a problem linking to the wi-fi and within minutes a technician came and sorted out the problem.

The view from EVERY villa is spectacular, and how do we know this??

Well, we were taking my daughters for a very special holiday and we had booked their largest villa but we had also booked another resort for the Christmas period but we were so impressed with the Trisara that we cancelled and booked their smallest villa at a slightly earlier time (as they are fully booked)
and although in the larger type villas there is a fabulously sized swimming pool the smaller type has a lovely plunge pool which looks over the ocean and is totally adequate for an afternoon cool off.

The actual pool at the Trisara is absolutely breathtaking and sits right next to the beach. Towels are provided so you do not have to hump your towel down from the room. Water is provided by the pool area as well. Large double sofas and extremely comfortable sunloungers are also to be found around this very very quiet pool area - so who cares if you only have a plunge pool in your villa.

There is a buggy service that will take you straight to the door of your villa or down to reception so it really doesnt matter where you are staying in the complex.

My husband is an avid golfer and the service they provided for playing golf was excellent, they arranged a time and made sure my husband got to the golf club and back from the golf club without a hiccup.

Breakfast is unbelieveable and goes from toast with the most wonderful homemade preserves to hash browns and everything in between.

A special mention for the Trisara's cappucino which has to be the finest in the World.

There is a book in the room that advises clients on good places to eat and I have to say that the Supper Club which is only 10 minutes away is absolutely divine and the owner was truly a delight to meet and invited my husband for a round of golf at the Banyan Tree which was one of the highlights of his holiday although he says the back nine of the Blue Canyon is his particular favourite and both these golf clubs are within easy travelling distance of the resort.

Food in general in the hotel is wonderful.

The service is second to none and that goes for the reception staff, the cleaners, the waiters, the shop staff - everything is done in the most polite and sincere way and makes you feel at ease.

I cannot wait for Christmas to come as the sea at that time of year is completely calm although I have to say that the sound of the waves crashing in the ocean in August is extremely relaxing but it will be extremely interesting to see the change take place.

Have I not mentioned the spa facility?? A totally unique experience for me as I had yet to find anyone who could actually relax me when having a massage I usually chat continuously because the massage technique is so terrible - well not so in the Trisara.

The room had a magnificent view of the ocean, the lady who actually did my massage was unbelieveable and asked if I wished for a light, medium or strong massage. I opted for the medium and it was fabulous I felt like I was floating on a cloud afterwards.

After 90 minutes of massage heaven I was offered ginger tea (yummy) and a plate of beautifully prepared fruits.

Feeling energetic?? Fabulous gym ummm well it is a gym and every gym to me is like a torture chamber but as torture chambers go this one was just fine!!

Whatever you want to do the Trisara Staff will ensure that everything goes smoothly from beginning to end. We went on an elephant ride which was a lovely experience albeit when the elephant went down a steep embankment I was ready to halt everything!!

Above all it was a fantastic experience and one that I hope we can repeat year after year after year.

This resort must be among the finest resorts in the World never mind in Thailand.

Bravo!!

15 Thank amberin
seattle
Reviewed 12 June 2007

I spent a lot of time trying to decide where to stay in Phuket, going between The Banyan Tree, Trisara, and Amanpuri, finally settling on Banyan Tree for three nights and Trisara for two nights. In retrospect, I wish we had booked all five nights at Trisara--it was WONDERFUL!! It was intimate, luxurious, really quite perfect, especially in comparison with the Banyan Tree (see that review). There was excellent privacy, and we felt tended to in a way that never happened at the Banyan Tree. The view from our Ocean View Pool Villa was amazing, I wouldn't have spent the money to upgrade to Ocean Front. The beachfront service was very good as well, and I enjoyed spending a little time at the main pool, in addition to our private pool. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
9 Thank SidneySeattle
Brisbane
Reviewed 4 June 2007

The most amazing resort ever. So much better than it looks in the photos on the web. Have been to four seasons, amans etc but this beats them all hands down.

Villa was superb - huge (and I do mean huge) plunge pool, spacious room and outdoor shower, plasma, ipod, bose lifestyle system, bath for two, outdoor shower etc etc etc. Lots of dark wood and limestone inside and teak and more limestone outside. Only a gulf buggy ride from all the amenities. Oh - and the views - just amazing. Be choosy about a villa though - some are more private than others if you wish to go naked and worry about prying eyes. Ours was very private indeed ;-)

Facilities in general of a very high standard indeed including good gym (not if you work for WWE but OK for a slob like me), great spa with views of the ocean, grounds all very well kept and looked after - really showing well afer a couple of years since it was built - lots of lotus ponds which we love. Main pool is sensational - took us three days to get to it as pool in our room was so big but it is a real delight - 40m long and 2.2m deep.

Eating and drinking - best thai food ever. Bar none. Don't even bother with the western menu (although it looked fab as well). Fresh ingredients treated so well - you can really see the work paying off from having Neil Perry (Oz's greatest chef) as a consultant. Fantastic bar and lounge area for having a few cocktails or relaxing with a book/ scrabble.

Staff and service - could not find fault. Excellent.

Unsurpassable. Go.

If you want confirmation - read Grant Thatcher's review in the latest Phuket Luxe Guide. He is spot on.

• Liked — all of it
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
Amari Phuket
#2 of 328 in Patong
Andara Resort and Villas
Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas

Been to Trisara? Share your experiences!