“Excellent Resort”

Ranked #2 of 95 Hotels in Thalang District
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Excellent Resort”
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Please disregard the bad comments on Trisara. They are all old comments from years ago that may have been correct at the time....Our visit for 5 night was amazing! From the service to rooms to food to every little detail, they could not do more for our large group of 60 people. You would think that they would not have been able to accommodate us at such a high level, but they did. Thanks you to all the staff and management, a high recommendation:)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Los Angeles
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Trisara is spectacular. The pool villas are huge and beautiful with 180 degree ocean views. The place is quiet and private and romantic beyond belief. The staff couldn't be more friendly or attentive and if you can't relax here, you can't relax anywhere. The food was great whether we had it at the restaurant overlooking to ocean or delivered to our room... overlooking the ocean.
The only possible negative is that it is so quiet and removed... if you're looking for excitement you'll obviously need to leave the property and there's not much immediately close by. But if you're looking for quiet, beautiful and romantic, I really don't think you could beat this place anywhere in Thailand, maybe anywhere in the world. Hope to be lucky enough to return some day!

Room Tip: Gotta get a pool villa.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Greg S
ELMHURST
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Where to begin? Superlatives can't describe this slice of heaven on earth. We stayed in an ocean facing villa that had complete privacy. They even give you a little statuette that you place out to let the staff know not to come down the path to your villa, we called it our privacy monkey. We were like Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden, which helped since it was in the 90's every day with quite a bit of humidity! We never made it to the restaurant for breakfast because the room service was so spectacular. The design is phenomenal with ever detail well thought out, especially the lighting. Going in the "rainy" season helped with the budget but this is one place where you won't regret splurging on yourself. We can't wait to go back. Well done Trisara!

Room Tip: Check out heir website for special promotions
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Dwhite726
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Stayed at Trisara for 5 days. The pool villas are heavenly, food was outstanding and staff couldn't do more for us. The attention to detail was superb. If there were one thing that could have improved it (from my personal perspective), I'd recommend more than just Yoga (which I didn't try as it wasn't clear when, where and whether it was chargeable)- maybe a range of pilates classes and body conditioning, for those who want to be a bit more active.

• Stayed August 2011
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 22 July 2011

An amazing experience. I had the pleasure of staying here on 2 separate occasions in 2010 whilst shooting their brochures. 1 trip for a two week period. Staff service completely outstanding with the food and amenities to match. Truly a treasured experience which I will remember for a very long time. I would highly recommend it to families and couples alike who enjoy the finer things life has to offer. Anthony Lark has yet again proven himself to be one of the best GM's and hotel operators in the business ! Cheers to you all till nest time :-)

Room Tip: Be honest and ask Anthony his staff for their advice on your requirements
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank Matt B
new york
Reviewed 10 July 2011

The service was out-of-this-world, the views spectacular, the food was excellent, and our villa was stunning. This was a true cracker, 10 out of 10.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank titaso
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Trisara is a beautiful property. Their introductions are the best I've experienced. You meet with the hotel manager. Have a cup of cool spicy iced tea, get a tour of the property, and a great introduction to your room. This hotel is strong out of the box. It, like most hotels, has trouble finishing. I don't know why that is, but it always seems to me that in customer service, most entities are great on the "welcome" but can't do the "goodbye". I tihnk one thing that is prevalent is that most of society is short sighted on service, and the impact of 1 person affecting 10 or 100 other people. I think that is one reason why Trip Advisor is so powerful. It not only gives your fellow travelers a "heads up", but it also gives hotels constructive feedback on how to get better.

Let me say, from a beauty standpoint, this place is stunning. The initial service is good, room service was very good. Tours / concierge was not as good. I"m not sure this is the hotels fault.

I wanted to see the islands. We rented a boat for $4,000 for the day. A 42' powerboat with a captain and crew of 2. Just the hotel offering this was impressive. The only communication gap was that I ordered for myself a "seabreeze". The staff on the boat did not know what that was and fed it to my 10 year old son. I was out on the front of the boat and wasn't there at the time. He thought it was fruit juice. Long story short, he was throwing up all night. So lesson learned, communication, or over communication is key.

The only other issue that I had with the hotel was ants. And how to get rid of them. They love sweet things, luggage, everything.

Overall, beautiful hotel, excellent introductions, they just need to work on closing out the stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Chicagojr29
TrisaraManager, General Manager at Trisara Phuket, responded to this review, 9 July 2011
Dear Chicagojr29,

Thank you for taking the time to write a reflection of your experience at Trisara and I greatly value the constructive feedback detailed within your post. Firstly, I appreciate your recognition of the strength of our welcome, the introduction to the property and overall quality of the product and experience. In a small property, hotel management should meet guests on arrival and departure, which we do try hard to do. However due to the early departure I regret we did not see you and your family leave personally on this occasion, and have taken steps to improve upon this in future.

In relation to the situation on the yacht, we have seriously discussed your comments with the cruises company we use, and we all regret the communication breakdown. As a matter of practice, we now send a Trisara staff member on board the larger yacht charters.

Again, I'm delighted you enjoyed the overall experience here, and I hope to be able to be able to personally welcome you back again soon.

Anthony Lark
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 321 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,351 reviews

Been to Trisara Phuket? Share your experiences!