“MEGA!”

Ranked #2 of 95 Hotels in Thalang District
Leeds
“MEGA!”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

The Trisara was everything and more than we expected. The staff were friendly, helpful and extremely polite. The facilities offered fulfilled all our needs and more, from the ipads offered in the bar to the fantastic cooking course.

The rooms are breath taking offering private pools, outdoor and indoor showers, huge bath tubs and more towels than you can imagine. The in house bbq was very special and every guest should have one at least one night of their stay.

The hotel is quiet and private, offering the private get-away, if you want to meet friends and party into the night this hotel is not for you. But to relax and enjoy fantastic food, surroundings and service, you would not get anywhere better!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We stayed 4 nights in October in a pool villa. I don't want to repeat the praise of all the former contributors, which I large share, but just add some remarks:

- the pool villas have great views and privacy, the extra cost for ocean front villas in my view is not worth it.

- they do have a service problem in the restaurant. Every one is extremly friendly and helpful, but 6 of 8 orders we placed for meals were delivered wrong: a side order never arrived, the bread basket for breakfast was completely messed up, brown rice ordered-white delivered etc, etc. The interesting thing: I could see that the orders were properly written down - so either someone in the kitchen has a reading problem is just negligent. Waitresses are not assigned to tables, so any remarks you make while ordering about timing , extras etc. are lost, as someone else brings the plates to your table. We ordered a different number of courses one evening - my main course arrived with my wife's starter (my wine didn't...) That said, we traveled through rural Thailand before and compared to that the service is good. In view of the ambition that Trisara exudes and the"western" price tag however, there's a long way to go. Perhaps take a look at the 4S Chiang Mai as the benchmark.

(Mr Lark, concerning your reply to SamBK84 below: the breakfast menu with prices is still used, we got these every day..)

But altogether the place has such a tranquility (apart from the odd longtail boat or jet ski in the bay), we just couldn' get upset about the service issue. We just resorted to making fun of it ("make a guess what goes wrong this time!")

1 Thank cehpeh
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2011

one word - HEAVEN on earth

We celebrated my partner's birthday at Trisara and the overall experience, from rooms to service, meals, location... it was fantastic!

The pool villa we stayed was amazing... and the pool is a real pool (not a plunge/dip pool!) Room was tastefully decorated with Thai design and well maintained. The shower/bath area is as big as the bedroom area and we loved the outdoor shower.

As its a hidden resort (only 15mins from airport and 30mins from town) to us food is very important, and they didnt let us down. The breakfast menu was extensive for a la carte selection, and we enjoyed both western n thai food for lunch and dinner. We missed the sunday brunch as we were departing but it looked fantastic, and great value for money too!

They have a great DVD selection and main pool is nice, the beach area is tranquil and not 'commercial' like some other hotels... we didnt even feel like leaving the hotel at all. In the evening we enjoy lounging by our own pool watching the sunset with sea breezes... bliss...

It's definitely one of the best hotels and would recommend to anyone for any occasion! We would definitely love to return back in the near future

Ulsan, South Korea
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Trisara is amazing. My wife and I booked two nights there for our honeymoon. I would have loved to spend our whole trip there, but it was a bit out of our price range, hence the two nights. But the money was very well spent and worth it.

From the moment we arrived at the airport to the time we were dropped off at the pier two days later, we were treated perfectly. We had a short tour of the property followed by in-villa check in. It's great to do all of that stuff in a room as opposed to a lobby. We had pool villa 406 and could see a lone island in the ocean from our room. It's a bit further away from the restaurant and lobby, but it was no problem as they will bring a buggy to the villa if you need to go anywhere. The villa is gigantic. It's very well designed with great detail and neat pieces of artwork placed strategically throughout. My only complaint is that the light switches weren't pointed out or explained, so throughout the first day I had to wander around the room trying to find the lights and figure out what did what. The light switches aren't in places you'd expect them to be, so it was a bit confusing. Also the TV should probably be upgraded.

The restaurant was excellent. I had a red coconut curry and my wife had fried rice and seafood. We both love spicy food so we requested they make it as spicy as possible - and boy did they ever. It was fantastic. One thing bothered me a little, though it really isn't a big deal. The lady who I assume is the restaurant manager was walking around the restaurant talking to the numerous tables and having chats, but she never stopped by our table. While I wasn't really keen to make small talk, I just thought it was weird that the other tables received visits while we did not.

The breakfast buffet was good too. While the buffet is complimentary, it is also a bit light on options. They offer a pay menu you can order off of, so you have the option of a bigger breakfast. I wish I had ordered off of the menu as the food looked great, but my wife and I had already spent so much on the room and had the whole trip ahead of us so we stuck to the buffet. The buffet is just cereal, fruit, yogurt - and you can order bread or pastries for no extra cost.

We also had a 90 minute couple massage at the spa. I chose the Thai massage and my wife did the oil massage. Best Thai massage I ever had. My wife was feeling a bit unwell and when filling out the questionnaire before the massage she asked for extra attention to her stomach to which they agreed. The masseuse then apparently forgot to do the stomach at all, and my wife had to remind her after the massage was finished. She got an extra couple of minutes, so again - not such a big deal.

Overall our 2 night stay was amazing. We were so sad to leave. I wish we could have had more meals there, swam more, and had a chance to explore the private beach or use the gym. But with such a short time and bad weather, we couldn't do everything. If we go back to Phuket, I hope we can stay there again. The price is high, but if you can afford it or if you just want to live like the rich for a few days, I say go for it. It's an amazing experience I hope to enjoy again.

3 Thank SamBK84
TrisaraManager, General Manager at Trisara Phuket, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Dear SamBK84,
Thank you for taking the time to write a reflection of your experience at Trisara and for the positive feedback detailed within your review. I'm delighted you had a nice time with us.

I would to also thank you for alerting me to the breakfast menu issue. To clarify, all our room rates include full daily breakfast for all guests, which includes our fruit, juice and cereals buffet plus any of the cooked / prepared items on the menu which you can order. Unfortunately, you were handed a menu with the prices on, which is normally only used for people coming to Trisara who are not actually staying with us. This is now rectified.
I appreciate the other comments too and hope to be able to be able to personally welcome you back again soon.

Anthony Lark
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We have just returned from an absolutely amazing 10 days at the stunning resort. Trisara had come highly recommended to us so we had high expectations and we were not disappointed. Having stayed in Hong Kong for 3 nights it was a delight to be greeted at the airport by one of the Trisara staff who took us directly to the resort. Upon arrival it was made very clear that nothing was too much hassle for any of the staff right from the reception to housekeeping.

We were fortunate to have an Ocean Front Villa and the views were astounding over the ocean and it really did live up to all the photos shown on the resort website. Even on the few days when it rained, it was lovely being able to relax in our stunning villa and watch the ocean and the changing weather-even a dip in our private pool in the rain was lovely. The rooms are decorated extremely tastefully and have everything which you could need or want. The daily cookies went down a treat with my husband and the fresh fruit was also of a high standard. In terms of the food, the choice in the restaurant was superb. We never felt the need to leave the resort for food (or at all for that matter!) as there was so much choice and everything we ate was delicious. I am coeliac and i was incredibly impressed with the choice which i had as this is normally limited when i travel abroad. Each day fresh gluten free bread and choc chip muffins were baked for me to enjoy - i have never tasted gluten free muffins as good and wish i could have got the recipe for them!! For something different, we booked one of the in-villa BBQ's and the whole experience of having your own chef cook for you on your deck was just lovely and made for a wonderful memory for us.

Close to the end of our stay we had a problem with something in our room and when we informed the reception staff, straight away they moved us to another villa as it was clear that the issue was affecting our enjoyment and it was something which was recognised as needed immediate attention by the resort. They even offered to pack our suitcases for the move!

All the staff really helped to make our time at Trisara absolutely wonderful as everyone was so friendly. It was also lovely being known by name and greeted by the staff and the fact that Anthony, the resort owner and manager, makes an effort to ensure he speaks to every person staying at Trisara truely gives the place a warm and caring environment. The resort if extremely relaxed and is a place if you want to get away from it all. Yes, it is expensive, but for a once in a lifetime experience of total and utter luxury, we feel it was worth every penny and hope one day to return to this wee corner of paradise.

Room Tip: All rooms have a private pool and are totally private, but the ocean front villas have the best view...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LynnJ83
England
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We have just returned from a 6 night stay at Trisara hotel, where we had a truly fabulous and one of the most memorable holidays ever. We were staying in a great villa with our own swimming pool, everything about the hotel feels high quality, luxurious and friendly.... a great balance. On our second day we were lucky enough to witness a wedding at the resort and seeing how much effort and hard work the hotel employees and manager put into the event and not to mention just how passionate all of the team were was really touching.... It definitely didn't seem like it was 'just another wedding' to them! The hotel was covered in flowers for the ceremony which took place overlooking the sea. The weather was the only downside as it rained for almost all of the week.... I would usually say that this much rain is enough to spoil any holiday, but the fabulous room, hotel staff and additional facilities such as the spa etc. meant we enjoyed the holiday just as much..... we just didn't get to use our pool as much as we would like!!

Now onto the food..... the menu is really extensive and it is definitely a food lovers paradise, we both came back heavier than we went but it was really worth it.

The final icing on the cake was when we arrived at the airport to leave and there was an additional person from the hotel waiting to help us from the hotel car to carry our luggage and to help us check in and point us in the right direction..... They definitely go the extra mile!

North Carolina
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Trisara is truly a gem! Upon arrival we were greeted by staff and management and since our room was not available, we were given the choice of lunch on the hotel or move to a different room. We decided to wait for our ocean front pool villa and have lunch and it was certainly worth the wait. The room, Villa 103, was exactly as pictured on the website! The villa is amazing with gorgeous wood, marble and lighting designs perfectly complemented by the pool and nestled into the natural surroundings of the landscaping. Even though there are over 30 villas and then residences, you may never see anyone else unless you venture to the restaurant. It is a perfect romantic hideaway.

The food at the restaurant was very good (except the crab cakes which my husband said were horrible). The Pad Thai and Curry dishes were excellent as were their salads and other appetizers. The staff was generally very attentive but not overbearing. One tip for managment - we did not know about the Sunday brunch until we happened upon it after our midday workout at the gym. It would have been great to have knowledge of this so that we could have planned on taking advantage of it. It looked great.

The hotel recommended two tours for us, Elephant Trekking and a boat trip to Phang Nga Bay. The bay trip was very nice but we would not go on the elephant trip again. I felt very bad for the elephants (not treated well) and it was actually scary as the elephant tried to sway us off his back. A recommendation for the hotel - you are service a clientele that is willing to pay a high rate for a very nice location and room; you should offer more upscale and private tours as options for your guests (along with the group options). The Phang Nga Bay tour was very nice and the scenery well worth seeing but we would have preferred a more private tour of the area in order to avoid the tourists.

Two other comments- at checkout, there were a few errors on the bill. They fixed them quickly without question but please review your bill carefully! Also - when having a meal at the restaurant, they will ask you "is Evian water ok"? This will result in a higher water costs for your meal - just ask for the Trisara Water which is the hotel's double filtered water and is perfectly fine (unless of course you want Evian).
Don't let these comments sway you away from the resort as the resort itself is truly beautiful and worth every $$$.

My husband and I would go back to Trisara in a second! it was beautiful, the people were extremely nice and there are few places in the world with such beautiful facilities and surroundings.

Room Tip: Ocean front Villas are perfect but all of the pool villas are very nice, just higher up the hill (yo...
1 Thank Carync6
Andara Resort and Villas
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong

Been to Trisara Phuket? Share your experiences!