“Great Luxury experience in Phuket”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trisara Phuket

Trisara Phuket
Ranked #2 of 95 Hotels in Thalang District
“Great Luxury experience in Phuket”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

First I have to say that we have been highly recommended to stay at Trisara when traveling to Phuket and every single minute of our vacation was worth the money spent.
We stayed in villa 203 and it was exactly as seen on the catalogue/website... Breathtaking view on our amazing private swimming pool overlooking the sea. Inside the villa, everything was at the right place and easy to find. When you are traveling a lot and staying in so many business or luxury hotels, I'm sure you see what I mean! Housekeeping was perfect, not a single detail was missed during our 5 night stay without coming across any of their services.
One of our high expectations was on food. Local Thai food is really excellent, well executed and presented. Breakfasts at the Deck were great along with the surrounding view. Service was a bit slow but everything was so freshly cooked or prepared the way you like that you understand it takes some time! We had the chance to be one of the first guests to enjoy Seafood Trisara with a brand new menu and settings. We loved the experience of eating delicate seafood on the beach. I took a picture of all plates just like I do in a 3 star Michelin restaurant so I can remember it! Tuna tartare and king prawns were so good! Portions are not big so I took a dessert named Asia ... really nice too.
If you are a swimmer the huge pool is usually empty so you can do laps anytime. I prefer swimming in the sea but be carefull with the rocks when you enter unless you are at high tide.
Spa treatment was really excellent. Prices are equivalent to what I would pay in all western countries. But if you are staying at Trisara you would not compare with local price! What I want is the local excellence with highest experience standards.
Some could be disappointed with the lack of a lively atmosphere especially on evenings but you can find plenty outside the hotel !
Finally last word for the staff : greetings at arrival/departurel from managers and very dedicated people during my stay. This is what I expect from a 5 star hotel and that's what I had.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is a beautiful property - its like being in your own enclosed suburb.
We had a villa with our own pool and it's lovely being able to step outside the door and into the pool.
The villa has everything and more that you could possibly need, the attention to detail is without fault and very luxurious.
It's a very steep property and we'd walk down to the restaurant and beach area and get driven back in the little jeeps that buzz around. Fun!
We had read that this was the best place for brekky in Phuket - on the deck at Trisara!
But we've been spoiled at Royal Phuket Yacht Club!
There was no brekky on the deck! - we had brekky in the restaurant off a menu, some interesting things but sometimes just warm and there were only 1or 2 other tables occupied. As there was in the evening so there was no ambience. Food was good but nothing special.
Staff were pleasant , as was the Australian Manager
The beach is not for swimming in - something we really missed after coming from Nai Harn where the beach is so lovely.
And the pool is 2 mtr deep - good for doing laps but not for just lolling about in.
I had a superb 90 minute hot stone massage, in the 20% off time slot, for what I pay at my local Endota.
We are glad we tried Trisara but it's not Thailand - you could be anywhere in the world in your luxury cocoon. With very few people there it lacked atmosphere. There is nothing to do there, except enjoy your villa and we did that very much for 4 daysand we're glad that we tried it, but it's not our idea of a Thai holiday
We have booked to return to the Royal Phuket Yacht Club for our 4th time next May - now there is a wonderful brekky on the most fabulous deck with a wonderful view!!
And at a fifth of the price!
But don't tell anyone!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LizT55
TrisaraManager, General Manager at Trisara Phuket, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Dear Liz T55,
Thank you for the comments regarding your recent visit and I’m very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed Trisara.
I’m a bit confused about the breakfast comments, as guests eat breakfast on the seafront deck every day of the year, unless it’s raining. Tables are always set outside and its up to guests to choose where they would like to sit.
I wanted to add a few comments on the other things you mentioned.
-Our main 47-meter pool is actually 2.2 meters deep (only in the very center) and 1.6 meters at both ends. It also has two large areas with Jacuzzi’s and lounging areas for lolling around in.
-The beach at Trisara is private and thankfully one of the only beaches on Phuket where guests are not invaded by people trying to sell you things, nor do we experience the buzzing of jet ski’s all day.

From your comments I sense you found Trisara not busy enough. We actually designed it as a place to completely unwind, which is why each villa has a gorgeous private pool overlooking the sea so that busy guests can stop for a few days and be at one with nature, without compromising privacy, luxury and service.
I agree our rates are very much higher than The Phuket Yacht Club, which is a nice place and yet is 26 years old where all rooms joined to the next room. Clearly this is going to be cheaper than Trisara, where our pool villas are literally 5 times larger.
It was nice to have personally met you, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Trisara the next time you are here.
liv0007
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

Myself and four friends holidayed in Phuket over Golden Week, and had dinner at Trisara's deck restaurant on 2 October. Unfortunately, I can safely say that the meal was the low point of our holiday.

Our experience began with a 20 minute wait for cocktails, and then a further 30 minute wait for appetisers. We pointed out to the wait staff that the restaurant was 3/4 empty, and three tables had eaten and left while we were waiting. Although they were apologetic, there was a further 20+ minute wait for our main courses.

Unfortunately, the food was not worth waiting for. I am a vegetarian, and although there was an extensive separate vegetarian menu, both the appetiser I ordered (a kind of vegetarian sang choi bao) and the yellow vegetarian curry were overseasoned with lemongrass, to the point of being inedible. We pointed this out to the wait staff, who again apologised, shrugged, and did nothing. The food was extremely expensive, and with a 17.5% charge (tax and service) on top, we were not exactly thrilled with the experience!

However, our ordeal was unfortunately not over. One of our party ordered the prawn cocktail, followed by the shrimp and chorizo tortellini. By the next day, she was was feeling ill, and by the next night she was violently ill. We had booked a private dive charter for the 4th October, which she was too ill to attend, and was out of pocket to the tune of THB8,000. She only fully recovered by the evening of 5th October, and we flew out on the morning of 6th October. The source of the food poisoning was most likely Trisara, given that the rest of the party ate everything else she had eaten up until that meal, and she began feeling ill immediately after (with no meal in between).

What is most disappointing about this experience has been the attitude of Trisara - on the night, the service was terrible, we were largely ignored. Since that time, the member of our party who was poisoned contacted Trisara and set out her complaint, including the fact she missed her dive trip which she had gotten specially certified for - she has received no response at all to date.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
19 Thank liv0007
TrisaraManager, General Manager at Trisara Phuket, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Dear Liv0007
I read with great concern and interest your posting above.
Having looked into your claims in detail and that of "suspected food poisoning", and have spoken to the service staff and Manager on duty that evening, here is my response.
1. My Service Manager noted you did on 2 occasions wave and gesture to him that the drinks or food was taking too long. On both occasions, the drinks and food were only meters away from being delivered. Freshly prepared cocktails for 5 persons do take time if done correctly. As you noted, we were busy that night and unfortunately for you, almost all our guests arrived at roughly the same time on that evening, thus we were somewhat affected, yet not to the extent you described.
2. You commented about the vegetarian dish, which I am sorry you didn’t enjoy. We serve thousands of these each year and 99% of the comments we receive are positive. Most Thai curries do have a lot of seasoning and in this dish and there is also a reasonable amount of lemongrass.
3. In your heading, you described “Suspected Food Poisoning”. I think this is misleading for many reasons, some of which follow.
A. On October 2nd we served over 50 prawn and shrimp dishes, from the same delivery, and nobody else was ill.
B. If your friend had eaten a bad prawn, it would have reacted in a few hours, not after such a long period. You said they were ill up to 24 hours after the meal. In this time, there could have been 100 other reasons for your friend to have experienced a stomach problem, such as water or bacteria from any number of sources. etc.
C. I’m sorry you felt the food was extremely expensive, yet the prices are on the menu and our Thai food is roughly the same, if not lower than most other hotels on Phuket.
The one thing that disturbs me is the accusation that we have ignored you. None of my Management team has any record of you ever contacting us. If you have, kindly forward it to me personally at reservations@trisara.com, and I will immediately look into it.

While I personally feel your response is overly hash and unsubstantiated, I would be pleased to have you and your friends back one night for a meal at Trisara, as we have one of the best dining experiences on Phuket.

Yours Sincerely

Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

The place is quite ideal: very nice "rooms" (half-villas, would I say) and villas, nature is very well integrated, great pool and beach, wonderful for pure relaxation and privacy. The restaurant is very nice too. Service and management are always trying to ensure you are ok.

I only have one "but" to the place. I took 4 treatments in the spa during my stay there. The first three were perfectly ok. But the fouth one (a thai massage, which was expected to be the pearl of the spa treatments) was quite dissappointing. The therapist was literally falling asleep at 3pm! I got my suspicions confirmed when I opened my eyes to find her eyes wide shut and mouth wide open :). As the situation was ruining my massage, I somehow tried to ask her if she was ok, and she replaid "yes and you?", and kept falling asleep. Wasn't that enough, the massage was expected to last 90 minutes and after less than 80 minutes she said: "goooood, end of masaaaage!" and basically left :/. I am sorry but in a place where you pay some 700$/night and around 160$ for 90 minutes thai massage, I definitively did not expect this. So I have to say: facilities are great, location is nice, most of the staff are really kind, but things like this prevent me to give it an "excelent" rating and make me think next time I should maybe try a different resort.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BauldelaPiquer
TrisaraManager, General Manager at Trisara Phuket, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Dear BauldelaPiquer,
Thanks for the review and I am pleased that you enjoyed the experience here and thought so highly of Trisara in general.
I was obviously somewhat shocked by the comment about one of our Spa Therapists falling asleep during a treatment. I guess "falling asleep" is not necessarily the right term as she was massaging you and did not stop.
However, after our Spa Manager brought this up with the lady concerned, she did say that during the treatment she closed her eyes for a short period of time, and we have all learned from this.
The treatments are designed to be 60 or 90 minutes of actual massage, and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.
I sincerely do value feedback from our guests, and of course in s Spa situation it’s very important as clearly we cant observe the treatments and supervise the service, as we can in a restaurant etc.
Thanks again and I do hope you can make it back to Trisara again in the future,
Warm Regards
Anthony Lark
Ulaanbataar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

Our first trip to Thailand, two adults and three young kids. The resort is absolutely delightful and the food is particularly delicious, an excellent kids menu in particular. Very nice staff and the best pool ever! I must mention however that the spa is incredibly expensive. I seriously thought I had misplaced a decimal point. The signature "six hands" massage is 460 USD plus 17.7% tax and service!!!! Who would pay that much for a massage?? Even with a 20% low season discount, this is breathtakingly expensive, especially for Asia; the staff member actually giggled when she told me the price. Very disappointing as my husband and I were looking forward to some jet lag busting treatments as part of our relaxation. Otherwise I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jen B
Dear Jen B
Thanks for the comments on your recent stay, and I’m so pleased that you and the family thought the resort was delightful.
The Spa treatment you refer to above is something very special and totally unique to Trisara.
(It’s also the most expensive item on our spa menu)
Three of our highly-trained spa therapists work in harmony for 90 minutes applying perfect and equal pressure through their six hands as if from one person.
Obviously you didn’t try this yet I can assure you that those who have always tell me how incredible it is.
The prices for our regular 60 or 90 minutes treatments are based on surveys we conduct with other comparable resorts, and in many instances we are actually cheaper than others when comparing and apple for an apple.
However, I realize that Trisara will not be the cheapest place on the Island for a Spa Treatment, nor are we be for a beer, a cup of coffee, or indeed an ocean view pool villa. However, we do believe we provide a wonderful experience that is deemed by most to be good value for money, which is why we enjoy such a high rate of returning guests.
Anyway, I am happy that you had a great time and if you do return, I’ll do something special to get you that spa treatment!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

Can not find any fault in this hotel, the villa that we stayed is wonderful: staff, scenery, location, room, pool, pretty beach, food,..., We had a very nice time staying in this hotel. It is abit an expensive resort but it is decent. Highly recomend!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bennett S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

Amazing hotel! The staff is excellent and the food is comendable. Breakfast was lovely complete with a stunning view of the beach. We did a cooking class and the hotel drove us to the local markets. A memorable experience for my 3 kids. During our stay, it was my wife's birthday and The hotel organized a chef to come to our villa for dinner, they decorted our villa beautifully with flowers and other confetti. Susie was a great member of staff and assisted our family and met our needs excellently.

• Stayed January 2012
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,177 reviews

Been to Trisara Phuket? Share your experiences!