“Paradise on Earth”

Ranked #2 of 96 Hotels in Thalang District
Sydney, Australia
“Paradise on Earth”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Our holiday at Trisara, Phuket was truly memorable for our family. The resort is absolutely stunning and Antoine and his team do an amazing job of looking after guests.
We had a relaxing stay in a gorgeous 2 bedroom suite and were blessed with fantastic weather. The kids felt right at home and loved the activities at the Kids Club.
The food was delicious and wholesome and the kids menu is extensive. The seafood restaurant was a great experience and the Sunday brunch was EPIC!
We made good use of the pampering spa treatments and loved them all. The kids loved their massages too!
We came back feeling revitalised, refreshed and ready to plan our next trip to Trisara!

Room Tip: Room 101 has 2 bedrooms so great for a family. The private pool is divine as is the view.
3 Thank Kerry F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed in the ocean view private pool villa and we have stayed in many luxury beach resorts and Trisara definitely comes at the top of the list.

If you are looking for a very PRIVATE retreat in South East Asia, in Thailand in particular, away from the busy phuket in a stunningly designed private villa with your very own pool (yes, a proper pool) with an amazing sea view but also with access to the usual amenities you expect from a luxury resort such as spa, gym, common pool, beach, restaurants if you so wish and you are not staying beyond a week then this is the place for you.

If you are staying beyond a week in Phuket and if you are looking for more 'noise' and would like to spend a lot of time in the busy part of phuket in bars and enjoy the local scene then you might want to stay closer to the busier spots. Trisara is not within walking distance to any local eateries/bars and you will need a hotel car/taxi to take you around but local taxis may not be familiar with Trisara. You can rent the hotel car to anywhere in phuket but it does't come cheap as they charge on a per hour basis but if you are splashing this kind of money for a resort like this (1)vyou would not be too bothered with the private car charges (2) nor would you want to be spending a lot of time outside of the resort.

Food in the resort are amazing, especially their breakfast. All the healthy choices are there, organic as well. You can opt to have your breakfast in your villa on the deck by the pool overlooking the sea while you enjoy the sea breeze. We loved it. We tried quite a few dishes and they were all very well cooked and delicious, with many options to go for (Thai, international, Asian etc).

Service at Trisara is one of the best in the luxury category.

There is a small kids club with scheduled activities to keep our young ones occupied.

You can book day excursions to James bond island, phi phil island etc with the resort. Both private and organized tours are available (you can rent your very own private yacht with a menu to choose from in terms of what size yachts you fancy!). We went on a day trip to James bond island, including the surrounding mangrove swamp and caves and we highly recommend it.

Had a lovely massage at the sap, but must say whilst the spa is nice, I still find the spa at Pangkor Laut Resort in Malaysia one of the best I've been to, in terms of its setting and overall feel (size and landscape and ambience).

The resort does have a private beach front, but we've seen better ones and the sea was very choppy throughout our stay (due to raining season) so we didn't get to swim in the sea at all. We enjoyed our stay very much regardless.

Room Tip: Get a pool villa, it's closer to the ocean.
2 Thank PatTemplar_11
TrisaraResort, General Manager at Trisara Phuket, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear PatTemplar_11,

I would like to personally thank you for your great review which captures perfectly what make Trisara a unique slice of paradise. You made me curious about the Pangkor Laut Resort Spa in Malaysia and be assured that as an independent boutique luxury resort we strive to continually improve our standards and that all guest feedbacks are taken very seriously.

During the green season from May to October the wind comes from the north east and the sea around Phuket can be rough sometimes with strong current and some waves making it difficult to swim. However by having a pool in each villa category plus a 48m main swimming pool there is always an opportunity for our guests to swim and refresh themselves.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We spent a wonderful 9 days at Trisara with our two young boys and enjoyed every moment. We managed to combine time to relax with keeping children occupied with Thai Boxing and badminton classes organized by the Kids Club.
We stayed in an ocean suite which worked well and you can separate the children's living space in the evening and enjoy some private time.
Superb food as well so much so that we chose to stay at Trisara for most meals as better then anywhere else! You must try the Sunday brunch as well which is impressive and a great choice. Service excellent throughout and the staff could not be more helpful.
Our third visit and we will be back again!

Room Tip: Higher level suites/villas offer more privacy
1 Thank Linda P
Dear Linda P,

It is always such a pleasure to see guests coming back year after year and the kids growing up. We believe that Trisara is special and that besides having beautiful villas with ocean view and pool what makes us stand out is the kindness and care of our Thai staff.

Our Ocean Pool Suite are very popular with family as the separate lounge and second bathroom are ideal for the young ones.

Thank you for your great feedback about our food and Sunday Brunch which have been passed to the kitchen and service team. We certainly look forward to your 4th visit in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

5 days in Trisara. 5 days in paradise. Amazing service, exquisite setting with delicious food. the hardest part was getting motivated to leave and explore Phuket. Swimming pool excellent for serious lap swimmers ~ 35 M. Can't say enough about staff but that is typical of Thailand. Spa is worth a visit or two. Daily truffles, fruit and biscuits.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lpw3158
Washington D.C.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Trisara is paradise redefined in many ways.

It was evident before arrival that all the staff were dedicated to provided excellent service above and beyond any service that I have ever experienced in any resort or hotel. My pleasurable experience started with email inquires and the staff continuously provided me with details I was seeking. I was most impressed by the outstanding service from the staff upon arrival when I had discovered that my girlfriend's flight had been delayed at a very late hour in the night. The staff immediately jumped in and started to assist me with finding an alternate flight and a hotel at the airport where she was. I am truly thankful for all the effort and dedication provided to me in this critical situation that is difficult to deal with in a foreign country with foreign languages.

After searching several resorts in the Phuket area I decided upon Trisara based upon the customer service I was receiving prior to booking the resort. We booked a Ocean View Poll Villa for 7 nights and I have never been happier with an accommodation.

No detail was overlooked, the magnificent beauty of the Villa overlooking the sea was astounding. Waking up every morning to the sea and the beauty of our Villa was like total paradise. Having a private pool with total secluded privacy was something I could not find in other resorts and was absolutely fantastic in all aspects

I highly recommend the Surprise & Delight with the in-room-BBQ, this is a must and sets a very romantic sunset evening that will be memorable for a very long time.

We are delightfully impressed with every aspect of Trisara to include the staff, food, accommodations and total romantic experience and I want to personally thank Antoine , Pamika and Achara for all you have done to make this the most pleasurable romantic experience ever.

Suggestions / Recommendations - We would order food for delivery to our room and often ordered one dish to share, we did not let the restaurant know it it was to be shared and I had to request 2nd bowls , plates, etc. Perhaps the restaurant should have a record indicating that 2 people are straying in a room because it did not occur to me that I had to request 2 plates. If the restaurant had this information it would save time and waiting for another plate. Also recommended including chop sticks with all dishes so those don't have to be requested.

Pricing - One thing to note is that the pricing for everything, food, drinks,excursions , massages, taxi seems to be much higher than other resorts of the same class and quality. I am certain that Trisara gets ingredients the same as other resorts of the same class and I do not feel that the pricing of higher priced drinks is justified.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Putnik9
Dear Putnik9,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that the team was able to show the best of Thai hospitality, which is about care and discretion. From the moment you arrived, I remember clearly your frustration and stress from the fact that your partner's flight was delayed. Our front office team did their best to find another flight for her as well as a hotel to stay so that she could join you the next day and you could finally enjoy a nice holiday.

In Trisara we try to create special experiences that are unique and special such as the In-Villa Barbecue and the romantic Surprise & Delight set-up. I would like to thank you on behalf of K.Pamika and K.Achara for your recognition in their work.

We truly appreciate your constructive feedback regarding sharing food in private dining and automatically provide two sets even if only one dish is ordered. Please be assured that the new standard has been implemented following your comment.

With regards to our pricing, we conduct price survey every 6 months among our competitors and I can assure you that our prices are competitive. For your information all our fish and seafood are sustainable and line caught and we try to use as much organic products as possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Trisara.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Came back to trisara after a three year hiatus. Stayed at room 203 again. So good to see that the hotel is so well managed and so well maintained. Service is astounding as usual, breakfast as tasty as always.

This time my wife and I tried their cooking class. Great fun and well taught even for a non cooker like me. Was a good experience.

I always feel at home at trisara. Good to see things haven't changed. Hope to be back soon.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trance530 .
TrisaraResort, General Manager at Trisara Phuket, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Trance530,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your wonderful review of Trisara. I am very happy to see that we were able to accommodate you in your usual villa. I appreciate your kind words for the effort from our engineer team to keep Trisara at its best. Our cooking class is very popular as it is a great way to experience Thai cuisine and hospitality at once. I hope you will return to your Phuket home very soon!

Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We was went at "Trisar", Phuket in june 2014.
We had great enjoy there and very much happy with their services.
We was met there Ms.Aim and she had guide us all about resort and our rooms.
During that day we met Mr.Khun Tor, who is Assistant Food & Beverage Manager,He had help us very much as well as The Chef of the "Trisara".
We all are 100% vegetarians, so when we found some vegetarian dishes in your menu, we got some less choice of dishes, at that time Mr.Tor served some complimentary food with our order, which is vegetarian and nice food.
On our last day at "Trisara", we suggested one Indian veg recipe and they (Mr.Tor and Chef) could fulfil it, so thank you bottom from my heart for your best services.
Really I think "Trisara" is the best place, where everyone feel comfort and enjoyed there.
KAJAL PANCHAL

Room Tip: There are in three level style room and middle level rooms are quit good...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 73VJP
Dear Mr Panchal,

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Please allow me to thank you on behalf of Khun Aim, Khun Tor and our Chef for your kind praises. We always try our best to accommodate guests' special requests and food restrictions. Every couple and family is unique and we treat them as such. It is nice to hear that we were able to prepare for you your very own recipe. Please keep an eye out the next time you visit as you might just find it on our menu!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thalang District
Andara Resort and Villas
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 321 in Patong

Been to Trisara Phuket? Share your experiences!