“Blew me out of the water”
Review of Phuket Sail Tours

Phuket Sail Tours
Ranked #2 of 35 Tours in Thalang District
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phuket Sail Tours is a family run business with over 13 years experience in Phuket, Krabi and Khao Lak. We offer a range of high quality tours to Phi Phi and Phang Nga Bay. We keep the number of guests on each tour low, we do not over crowd our boats. Activities include snorkeling, canoeing, caving, swimming, beach picnics, relaxing and more. All year round. We have sought the best places and know how to avoid the crowds. Our tours can only be booked directly with us, we do not work through any agents. We hope to see you aboard!
Sydney, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Blew me out of the water”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Based on reviews on tripadvisor, I sent an email inquiry for the different options. I had a very speedy reply and, while they all looked great, I ended up doing the Phi Phi Island trip. From the private car ride from Kayron Beach to the marina, to the welcoming and the briefing followed by satay chicken, donuts and bananas, I knew it was going to be a great day. First we went to a beach at Phi Phi. While there were other boats anchored, our boat was the only boat that had drinks and beach mats. Back on the boat and, yet another opportunity for drinks and fresh fruit. Our next stopped was for snorkeling and all I"m going to say is that it included bananas and just about the coolest thing ever. We stayed on the boat for monkey island and tossed fruit at the little critters. Who knew monkeys could swim? Lunch was on Phi Phi Island and the perfect feast. From there, more snorkeling and more bananas. Sight seeing and more time at the beach. The boat was spotlessly clean, the skipper very careful in the choppy water and all of the masks and fins were new. For just about the same $$$ as the other tours, we had a top notch day. Thanks, Captain Mark and especially Sammy

Visited December 2013
captainm, Owner at Phuket Sail Tours, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Hello Tammy, thank you for telling us you enjoyed your day. I don’t recall the crew blowing anyone out of the water, but it seems you didn’t mind anyway.

The snorkeling is great on the Phi Phi trip. I am pleased that you had so much fun. I will tell your guide, Khun Sammy, how much you enjoyed the trip.

All the best,

• Turkish first
Singapore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good except for some minor details”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Went on the Phang Nga trip by speedboat last week. My group's guide was Ning and there were 14 of us in the boat. One very unfortunate thing to happen was that the toilet was not working in the boat during our trip so we can only 'go' when we reached Panyee Village. Throughout the trip, the sea was very choppy so we were 'shook up' quite hard during the journey. Ning was walking up and down, offering us fruits and other snacks though. The crocodile meat on a stick tasted great! This company is definitely not stingy with food and drinks!

However, I feel that participants of this tour could be better prepared of what to expect during the tour. I did not know that we would be wading through high tide water in a dark cave so didn't think of changing into my swimwear when we went out to explore the caves. As we were going out of the cave, the water reached up to my chest level and it was actually quite difficult to wade through the water as it was dark and I did not know what I was stepping on! Quite an adventure but thankfully, my guide was there to help me out of the cave. Sorry I got you very wet, Ning!

It started raining around half an hour after we reached Krabi so we didn't have much time to snorkel or swim. I ended up spending time playing with a cat which was apparently raised by a Marine Police (?) who was stationed there. I was perfectly fine with that though snorkelling or swimming enthusiasts might be disappointed by the lack of time to be able to frolic in the clear turquoise water. Well, weather can be unpredictable.

The tour around Koh Panyee village was interesting and eye-opening. I am a teacher so I was extremely interested in walking around the school area and peeping into the classrooms. The food served during lunch was tasty but a little bit more spicy would be great. I took many awesome pictures during the trip so thank you for a great day out!

Visited December 2013
captainm, Owner at Phuket Sail Tours, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Hello Angel, and thank you for the great photos and the honest review. There is always room for us to improve.

I love the photo of the graffiti at the school, I photographed it myself and sent copies to friends at Christmas.

By the way, someone was pulling your leg. It was not crocodile, it was chicken. If you are ever back this way however, I will do my best to get some crocodile for you. Would you like it snappy?

Sorry about the apparent lack of warning about the water in the cave, we usually cover this pretty well. We will do better.

About the toilet, sorry, that should not have happened. As soon as I was aware of it the toilet was fixed. I have made sure that our crew know to tell me asap whenever anything needs repair.

Spicy food is a problem, so many people want very little spice. If our guests ask for more spice on the day, we can have chilies brought to the table. As long as they don’t put it on my plate!

I hope we see you here again, and I will have the chilli crocodile all ready for you.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Highlight of our holiday”
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic time on our tour of Phang Nga Bay. The day was arranged to suit the tides. We started off snorkeling at a secluded Krabi beach, followed by canoeing through the caves. Lunch at the Muslim fishing village was a brilliant spread of fresh food, including crab and prawns. Following lunch we walked through caves.
Sampong was an excellent guide telling us information about the area. Captain Mark was also on board and made sure we all had a great day.
I highly recommend this tour. The price me be a bit more than other tours but you get to see and do more in the comfort of a uncrowded speed boat. We only had 14 adults and 2 children on board which was a nice size.
Thanks Phuket Sail Tours!
If we are ever back in Thailand we will join you again.

captainm, Owner at Phuket Sail Tours, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Ahoy Melissa, and it is lovely to hear from you. It is wonderful to read that your time with us was a highlight of your holiday. Thank you for letting us know.

We look forward to seeing you aboard again.

Happy sailing,
San Francisco, California
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Excellent trip! Beyond excellent customer service!”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My wife and I recently did the Phi Phi Island day trip with our 3 daughters (9, 11 and 13). Despite the rainy/cloudy weather - the trip was outstanding from start to finish. Pick up at our hotel in Kata was on time, and everything else flowed smoothly from there. The boat crew did a great job in making sure everyone was well informed of where we were going, what we were doing (and couldn't do because of the rain or tide), etc.

Unfortunately, we had a mishap during our trip (not related to anything the PST crew could have done anything about). The boat captain immediately offered to help us and made sure we got in touch with Mark at lunch. Furthermore, Mark followed up with us once we got back home and saw the issue through until it was resolved. Well above, and far beyond what we would have expected in customer service.

All around this was a great trip with a well run and reputable company. Would highly recommend it to anyone.

captainm, Owner at Phuket Sail Tours, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Hi Jr, and thank you for the review.

When people join us we feel an obligation to make sure that their entire Phuket experience is a great one, at least far as it is within our ability to do so. We care about our guests, and we also want to see you have such a good time that maybe you will come back her again one day.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the trip so much. Maybe next time we can take you on our Phang Nga Bay trip.

With your camera in a waterproof dry bag.

Happy sailing,
Alexandria, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A Great Day!”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I can see why Captain Mark gets such high ratings! After an initial, very comprehensive briefing on what we would be doing, we headed into the Phang Nha Bay. The tour was VERY professionally operated, and more importantly, SAFETY is a number one priority. The guides were very knowledgeable, and the food was excellent. We ate a delicious lunch at the end of Koh Pan Yee village, did some canoeing, walked a short distance through a cave to a lagoon, and also did a drive-by of James Bond island. All in all, a highly enjoyable day, and well worth the price.

captainm, Owner at Phuket Sail Tours, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Hi Rk, I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

Thank you for letting us, and others, know about your trip in the bay.

I am glad that you enjoyed the lunch. The restaurant at Kho Panyi do a great job.

I hope we see you here again ne day.