“Professional Service and Wonderful guide!”
Review of Phuket Sail Tours

Phuket Sail Tours
Ranked #2 of 37 Tours in Thalang District
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phuket Sail Tours is a family run business with over 13 years experience in Phuket, Krabi and Khao Lak. We offer a range of high quality tours to Phi Phi and Phang Nga Bay. We keep the number of guests on each tour low, we do not over crowd our boats. Activities include snorkeling, canoeing, caving, swimming, beach picnics, relaxing and more. All year round. We have sought the best places and know how to avoid the crowds. Our tours can only be booked directly with us, we do not work through any agents. We hope to see you aboard!
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We went on the 1st May Speedboat trip to Phang Nga Bay.
Staffs on the trip are absolutely wonderful (x100) and our guide SomPhong (sorry if I got the spelling wrong) is funny and knowledgeable.

The only reason I wasn't able to give 5/5 was the hotel transfer. We are staying at a Kamala address so we had to pay extra for the transport. For hotels outside of the main hotel areas of Patong, Karon, and Kata there is an extra charge of 1,000 baht for return transfer. However, it ended up that we are sharing the same taxi with 2 groups staying in the middle of Patong (which I would suppose, are not paying extra) so we had to go through the traffic in Patong to get back to our hotel at the end of the fulfilling day.

Well, maybe it is not so bad to enjoy a bit of Patong beach sunset from the car on the long journey back...

captainm, Owner at Phuket Sail Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Hello Yamorila, I am pleased that you had a great day with us, thank you for letting us know.

I am very sorry about the mix up with the transfers. I don’t know what went wrong there. You should have had a private vehicle both ways. I am looking into it.

I have also sent you a pm, however if you can please send me your email address, or name or whatever, I will find your booking and refund the extra cost of the taxi. There is no way you should have paid extra for a taxi ride through Patong that you did not want.

I have also sent an email to the couple I think is you, and upon confirmation I will refund the taxi payment.

Thank you for coming with us, I hope we see you aboard again one day,
Mark, Sompong and the crew.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We went on a phi phi on the 29th april island cruise by speedboat. They take you to the same places but what a professional setup.

Great food and drinks. However the crew are thr difference. A couple of our tour were cautious with snorkeling. The crew went in the water with them and turned a sightseeing tour into a marvellous experience. I cannot believe any other tour would do this.

A credit to the crew. The guide wqs particularly informative and friendly.

The only tour to do in phuket

captainm, Owner at Phuket Sail Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Hello Rodney, and thank you for coming to Phi Phi with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the day so much. Thank you for letting us know.

We are very fortunate with our crew and the guides. They really do work hard to see that each guest has a great time.

I hope we see you aboard next time you are in Phuket.

All the best,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We went on the Phang Nga Bay Speedboat Tour with Phuket Sail Tours in March 2014. We chose this company based on the positive reviews on Tripadvisor, and were completely impressed with the service and experience!

The day prior to our trip, we had gone on the Similan Islands tour with a company called 2 Sisters, which sold their tickets through a Tour Broker. That experience was truly terrible, and we found ourselves wishing the tour would end asap.

Thus, we were a bit apprehensive initially when we started the tour with Phuket Sail Tours. However, that apprehensive feeling quickly disappeared as the folks and tour offered by Phuket Sail Tours were simply amazing! Sompong and his team made us feel very welcome, and went out of their way to ensure that we all had a good time. They planned out an itinerary that took us to all the must see attractions, and timed our visit to each attraction to avoid the crowds. A variety of fresh fruits, snacks, and a selection of drinks were provided throughout the tour, which also included a delicious lunch at the Muslim village on stilts over the sea.

Sompong and his team were also great with kids, and went out of their way to make sure the kids were having fun. We traveled with our 11 year old son, and all of us had a fabulous experience. Thanks so much - Phuket Sail Tours for the best experience we had during our Thailand holiday!

captainm, Owner at Phuket Sail Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hello Sq, and thank you for coming with us even though you were at first a bit apprehensive. I am glad that you got over it quickly.

Thank you also for the very nice review. I will show it to Sompong, he will be pleased to see it. Sompong is our most experienced guide and has been with us for years. He puts his heart into every tour he runs.

We are glad that you had a fabulous time, and hope to see you aboard again one day.

Happy sailing,
Mark, Sompong and the crew.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Myself and eight of my girlfriends did the Phang Nga Bay by speedboat tour 24th April 14 for my friend's 40th birthday. From the time I booked us in to this tour in Australia months before through to when we got picked up from our accommodation through to when we got dropped off again in the afternoon I could not fault anything. As much water, soft drinks and snacks as u can handle all day. The boat has plenty of shade, or u can sit up the front in the sun to take it all in. Observing other boats out on the water during the day u could tell the difference. Some of the boats had people packed into them like sardines. We only had 18, and that included the 9 of us. Some of them weren't even sure they had everyone on them when they were leaving a place! At one stage another boat was going to leave without three of it's passengers! Canoeing, snorkelling, swimming, backflips off the boat into the ocean, beach soccer off the boat, beers in the sea and an amazing lunch at Panyee made for an amazing day! The Thai guys running things on the boat were also great, nothing was a problem for them. Highly recommend.

Hiya Kez, and thank you for talking the time to write a review. Very much appreciated.

Thank you mostly though for bringing your mates along for a day on the water with us.

I am glad that you appreciated the tour. We hope to see you aboard again one day.

Happy travels to you and the rest of the gang,

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We went on a Phang Bay Tour with PST. Everything was smooth, from the booking process to the end of the trip. The pickup from the hotel came on time and the trip to the pier was smooth. Upon reaching the PST office (the pier was nearby), we were offered some drinks (both hot and cold available), knowing that most of us would probably be hungry due to the early pickup time. Nice gesture. After quenching our thirst, Capt Mark came and gave a detailed briefing on the upcoming activities for the day.

Throughout the tour, the boat crew attended to our every needs. Drinks and food were available on the speedboat in case we got hungry. The ride was smooth sailing owning to the driver. I got to commend our guide Lop, for his detailed explanation of all the sights/sceneries that we went to. His command of English was awesome. The crew was also very conscious of the guests' safety. There would always be someone to support the guests during embarking and disembarking from the boat. I'm not sure if other tours would offer this type of safety awareness. Good job crew!

A slight disappointment of the tour came when I didn't get to canoe through the caves, though this was no fault of the crew. Our inflatable canoe wasn't deemed fit enough to canoe through the caves, so our paddle man brought us to other sights instead. When I told Capt Mark about this issue, he offered a full refund instantly. What a good gesture from the man.

I would not hesitate to recommend PST to others who are still deciding among the many different tour operators. Although the price is slightly more expensive compared to the rest, this extra sum was definitely worth it, compensated by the crew's warmth, hospitality and professionalism.

I would definitely go back to PST should I go back to Phuket again in the future. See the guys at PST again sometime soon!

Hello Khun Chua, and thank you for writing such a great review. I really appreciate it, but most of all I am glad that enjoyed your day with us so much. Thank you for letting us know.

Sorry about the mix up with the canoe. We got onto it right away, to make sure that does not happen again. I was happy to refund you, as we had not delivered on all of our promises. I am presuming pay pal got the money back to you ok. Thank you for understanding our situation.

I hope we see you aboard again one day, maybe on our Phi Phi trip. No canoes on that one.

All the best,