“Perfect peaceful place”

Ranked #74 of 96 Hotels in Thalang District
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Perfect peaceful place”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

What a glorious location, huge 3 bedroom villa, large lounge, dining room and open plan kitchen, separate study,own private pool, 4 bicycles, bbq in the lovely garden. All bedrooms have their own balconies, master bedroom with large balcony overlooking lake and golf course. This was an Interval International exchange with a 1 bed property, the best exchange we have had to date! Staff even ask when it would be convenient to send the housekeepers to clean. I just hope I can exchange here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Joy K

Solo
Business
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
American Canyon, California
Reviewed 23 March 2013

NO DOUBT the place is beautiful, the entire chain of laguna resorts are beautiful, neat and clean BUT be careful TO DO UR HOMEWORK AND NOT TO SIGN UP FOR ANY ADVENTURE SPORTS FROM HERE, they will send u to the canal village for inquiry and those guys will ROYALLY FLEECE YOU. and u can NEVER get a refund here so BE CAREFUL and think twice before you make ANY DEPOSIT. Ours was an RCI exchange week, so we got a good deal in terms of price.
THE place is quite isolated and pretty far from where everything is happening, so its only ideal for people who really wanna get away from all the noise n b on their own or are ok with renting a vehicle or are ok with riding a bike to go to the main city everyday, or else ur pretty much stuck within the chain of resorts which have a shutter bus to take u frm one resort to another fr free and can only eat in the restraunts within it. Though some of The restraunts by the private beach r quite good. staff is friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Travel_Freakkkkk
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

My family and I spent our holiday at LHCR from the 18 nov to 22 nov.

I must stay from the point of us stepping into the resort we were impressed. The reception were already expecting us and the service was awesome. The ladies at the reception took all he care o explain everything about the resort, it's location and surrounding over a map so that we clearly understood the services and activities at our disposal. They were extremely friendly, warm and accommodating.

Then we were taken to the room...second pleasant surprise. We stayed in he 1 bedroom suite. The room was perfect in every sense. Large enough for he 4 of us. The sofa bed was already made for he boys as the knew were were a family of four. The bellboy who accompanied us with our luggage then carefully explained everything about the room and then explained to us on the wifi ID and password. Yes the room comes with free wifi.

Everything in he room seems new like it has been newly redecorated. There was a stove and cooking utensils which was handy for making our own breakfast.

The surrounding area of the resort is clean, peaceful, quiet and very green. We liked it. Shuttle buses are free to visit surround resorts or to the gate of the resort.

Lastly, the accommodated my request borrow a temporary room for 2 hours to freshen up when I checked out since m flight was late in the evening.

Overall, our stay here has been simply remarkable. The quality of the resort was outstanding. The staff were all excellent. They were warm, friendly, courteous and sincerely cared for our wellness.

Well done to the management and staff of LHCR !!!!

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Glenn_1970_12
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 17 January 2011

My husband and I stayed here through an RCI trade-in, and have become accustom to what RCI properties should be. This was NOT it. RCI claimed this was a Gold Star Resort. Clearly, that ranking means nothing to them anymore. The RCI confirmation letter also claimed that there were "special discounts for RCI members" if you called ahead. This was not true at all. I asked several different people, and all they tried to do was sell me an expensive coupon book. I also find it weird that trip Adviser has uploaded Agoda reviews, as I have always felt a certian connection with TA members only. Perhaps the disconnect with Agoda, and what those customers are looking for, is the reason for inflated reviews of this place. I wish they werent averaged together.

My husband and I traded for a week here on our honeymoon, looking for a beautiful place to relax and lay by the pool, perhaps be pampered at Thai prices, and recoup from jet leg. Please note, even you dont read any further, this is NOT a good place for a honeymoon and we did NOT finish out our week here.

this location is wayyyyyy out in the middle of no where in terms of Phuket. It is very close to the airport and NO WHERE close to anything you would actually want to see or do. You are isolated in a resort complex and the prices show it. Everything you do is the same price as it would be in the USA. There are no deals, no cheap massages, no cheap eats, nothing in terms of what you would expect when in Thailand. You might as well go to the Bahamas for the prices you pay here.

You will also not find any metered cabs, or any tuktuks here. There is one cab station outside of the resort and they charge exorbitant fees because you will not find another cab station. They are it and there is no negotiating. We walked miles down the road hoping for a cab to come by, but in this area there are no real cabs. What we did do was stick our thumbs out. There are a number of ex-pats living in the area with pickups, and they let you hop in the back if they're going the same direction. If you get stuck in this lame area, try this as a way to get out and see local beaches. Prices from the outside taxi company: 500 BHT to Phi Phi Ferry (40 minute drive) and 450 BBHT to Patong. 700 BHT to Chalong Pier where all the dive boats go out of (45 minute drive). 300 BHT to the airport. Dont have the front desk call, it will be even more than this!

There is food outside of the complex, but they know everyone eating there is from the resort, so it is still expensive. Compared to the rest of Thailand, this "outside shopping" is still a joke. The Sheraton, on the same complex lot, is a million times better. Just go/stay there if you want the isolation. The LHC charges 500 BHT per person for breakfast which is a total rip-off and the food had ants all over when we went to scope it out. For $30 a person you can get a gourmet buffet breakfast at the Sheraton, which was delicious.

When we checked in we were taken to a room on the 2nd floor allllllll the way down a long hallway to the left of the counter. The room had bugs inside, buzzing to get out against the glass door. When I tried to let them out, I saw a disgusting dirty patio with moss and bugs all over it. It had clearly not be swept or wiped down in a long time. This side also faced a disheveled "playground" and I had no intention of listening to kids play on my honeymoon. I asked to move, and we were taken to a room on the right side of the desk. This was better, but still bugs and a slightly less dirty patio. Within a day, the animals that roam the area left feces right outside of out hallway (all hallways are outdoors). We called room serve and asked for it to be cleaned up. It looked like they pushed it once with a broom, but it was never mopped up. Actually, the hallways never looked mopped, and they were tile, not the whole time we stayed there. The hotel, as a whole, looked like a motel from the outside. Patio views are all blocked by trees, so it doesnt matter if you have a lower or upper room. You will NOT have a view.

THIS ARA IS A MOSQUITO MAGNET!!! BRING YOUR BUG SPRAY!!! I left covered in bites. As soon as the sun sets, be warned! It is a dangerous bug militia out there and they are looking for fresh blood. The hotel does nothing to discourage them. I saw no citronella candles, bug nets, etc. to protect their guests. I asked for soemthing, anything., to be delivered to our room to help with bugs at night, since I was being bit on the face as I slept. After TWO nights, they finally brought a candle with some oil it, but it burned out after a few hours and was no replaced.

The pool was not nice. It was too warm to be refreshing in the hot Thailand conditions, and the pool itself had a think white grim/residue around the inside. If you sat on the edge around the pool to sun yourself, your back was against the grim. The tile-work was chipping off and missing in many places. The pool chairs did face a very small pond, but it was not the "canal system" spoken of on their website. I found the LHC website to be largely overstated, and was perhaps accurate 20 years ago.

As this was the first city on a 3-city tour for our honeymoon, we were excited to get some honeymoon-type perks. Perhaps a cute folded towel on our bed, some rose petals our first night, something... anything... NOPE. No mention of this, no congratulations, even though we did tell people upon making the booking as well as once we arrived, that we were honeymooners. That was just sad and disappointing.

For fun, and to get out of this crap-hole, go visit Surin beach which is about 20 minutes away and has cheap food and cheap massages. Further south is Patong, with tons of nightlife. If I had the trip to do over again, I would have stayed somewhere about 2-5 miles right outside Patong.

The only things on a slightly positive note:
- There are 3 computers in the tiny business center, and they are free with internet for RCI customers (normal customers have to pay for it)
- The rooms have working AC
- Bottled water provided, so was coffee/coffee mate
- Free shuttle any time you asked the desk, didnt have to wait for a shuttle schedule, and it would take you anywhere inside the complex

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple