Lock in the lowest price from these sites
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed here for one night at a rate of 925 baht, including breakfast and free airport transfer, through Latestays. I had difficulty selecting a hotel in Udon within my budget which was not full and eventually chose this one because their "Mirror Room" was at a reasonable price. I knew that the hotel was centrally situated from reviews here and elsewhere, but on arrival I discovered that it was in the bar/nightlife area. No problem for me as I'm a single male and am used to nightlife in Thailand. However, when I was shown to the room I was shocked to find that it was on the ground floor behind reception and had a bare stone floor. The bed was a king sized four poster which seemed to have been squeezed with difficulty into the small room. The walls were 100% mirrored and the ceiling was a patchwork of mirrors some of which were missing. The bathroom was tiny with a shower over the bath. The shower curtain was a heavy linoleum with pictures of semi naked women. It reminded me of a soi 6 short time room in Pattaya! Do a google search to see what I mean. However, despite my disappointment I decided to stay as I was only there for the one night. I decided to go out that night and have a few extra beers to enable me to sleep there, and I did sleep well. The next morning I took breakfast and that was excellent, and then availed myself of the free transfer to the airport. Actually, thinking back, everything in the room was good apart from it's appearance...the water was hot, the TV had many English channels, there was a safety deposit box in the room, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was good and so on.
I guess that the good reviews of this hotel were by people who stayed in the upstairs rooms and perhaps those rooms are nice. I definitely wouldn't stay in the mirror room again and perhaps I paid the price for being a "cheap charlie"!

Room tip: If you're easily shocked or offended, don't take the mirror room.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank bahtboy
udonstar, Owner at Udon Star Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Yes, you are right, this room is not for everyone. It is no more offered on Latestays. We thought that the name of this room was enought to tell what it is.
Thank you for your remark, that informed us about this problem. You are also very right for the other rooms, all the comments refer to them.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

From Khamphong and Per from Denmark. Myself and my Thai born Wife stayed here almost 4 weeks in october 2011. The Staff were helpfull and served a very good breakfast every morning. The room was big and clean and with a good safe. The air conditioning worked great and there was a ceiling fan over the bed. The bed was large and comfortable. Great TV and free WI Fi. Modern clean bathroom with bath tub was super. There is fitness on the second floor and a lounge area where you can watch TV. Walking distance to shopping and Night Marked . We have nothing negative to report about this great Hotel. A great THANKS to all the staff from this wonderfull Hotel from Khamphong and Per . Will come back!

Date of stay: October 2011
1  Thank permaiboell
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Myself and girlfriend stayed here two nights and loved it. The Thai host was very nice and she cooked us breakfast every morning. The deluxe room was like being in a condo. The over sized air conditioning worked great and there was a ceiling fan over the bed which could be operated by remote control. The bed was large and comfortable with nice thread count sheets. Flat screen TV with cable and a modern clean bathroom with bath tub was super! There is a small gym on the second floor and a lounge area where you can watch TV. Walking distance to shopping malls. I have nothing negative to report about this place. Will come come back!

Date of stay: January 2012
1  Thank Wade044
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Stayed here in Nov.2011, airport-pickup was perfect, thank you Cindy ;-) Rooms are really comfortable, stylish and large and breakfast was good!
The arranged transport to the lao-border was perfect, too! Thank you guys!

Room tip: the mirror room was not bad :-)
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2011

The hotel is located in the city centre near to the main regional hospital. The rooms are large and decorated in a French / Chinese grand style. The place is clean and the staff are very helpful. There was a large (2m x 2m) mirror facing the large double bed ! There is also a large TV and a small dedicated bar area. There is a small gym and a pool table.

The hotel provided free transport to and from the airport and this was excellent as it made arrival and departure in Udon Thani very simple. The breakfast is good: fruit juice, coffee and assorted eggs. The free WiFi system worked well both in the room and at breakfast.

Overall we found this a good hotel and we would return another time quite happily.

Date of stay: May 2011