“I am not one for writing review normally..................................”

Udon Star Palace Hotel
Ranked #46 of 95 Udon Thani B&B and Inns
Udon Thani
“I am not one for writing review normally..................................”
Reviewed 30 November 2012

But my stay at the Udon Star Palace has prompted me to put fingers to keyboard. I stayed there for 4 nights in November 2012. I was greeted with a smile and a nice cold fresh juice, just what I needed after the long trip.

The room had all I needed, nice big comfortable bed, hot shower and bath, in room safe and plenty of room, the room was very big!

But it's not the room that makes this place it is the staff. This was my 4th Hotel in Thailand and I have to say the best!

Nothing was too much trouble for them and they went out of their way to ensure that my stay was a pleasant one. They even organised to have some pants I had purchased taken up.

They were friendly and bent over backwards to accommodate my needs. So very genuinely friendly and nice.

I was not travelling to Chiang Mai until 8.30pm and they allowed me to have a 4pm check out and believe me I was so very grateful as carrying my bags around the streets in the heat would have been no fun!

I would highly recommend this place, it’s not the Ritz but I would challenge even them to better the service.

Centrally located and close to pretty much everything it’s the ideal place to stay if you visiting Udon Thani.

Thank you so much ladies and thank you to the French man. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Room 17 I was in.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Philip B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I stayed in this hotel for the finanl few days of my brief Thailand holiday.

The room was an excellent size and good value. The staff where friendly as where all of the other places that I stayed.

I will most certainly stay again and I liked the location which was close to nightlife and local markets.

Thankyou for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank justanomad70
Alessandria, Italy
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Good and cheap hotel with big rooms and friendly staff. Situated in the center of nightlife and near to the market of Udon Thani, rent motorbikes and have free transfer from/to the airport. I will come back in my next holidays.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Portnoy71
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I think this is one of the coolest hotels in Thailand personally. I think the rooms are huge, and it is perfectly located. Cindy is awesome as a "host". I am not in any way affiliated with this business at all, but the owners work hard at creating a unique experience, in a small town. I suppose to prove my sincerity, for a negative(or more like a "needs improvement") I could say the only issue, and if you live in Thailand and are a westerner you know this is a universal issue, the other staff beyond the owners could stand to learn a little more English, but everyone is really so nice regardless.

Alex

Room Tip: I love the mirror room!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank AlexD293916
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed here for one night at a rate of 925 baht, including breakfast and free airport transfer, through Latestays. I had difficulty selecting a hotel in Udon within my budget which was not full and eventually chose this one because their "Mirror Room" was at a reasonable price. I knew that the hotel was centrally situated from reviews here and elsewhere, but on arrival I discovered that it was in the bar/nightlife area. No problem for me as I'm a single male and am used to nightlife in Thailand. However, when I was shown to the room I was shocked to find that it was on the ground floor behind reception and had a bare stone floor. The bed was a king sized four poster which seemed to have been squeezed with difficulty into the small room. The walls were 100% mirrored and the ceiling was a patchwork of mirrors some of which were missing. The bathroom was tiny with a shower over the bath. The shower curtain was a heavy linoleum with pictures of semi naked women. It reminded me of a soi 6 short time room in Pattaya! Do a google search to see what I mean. However, despite my disappointment I decided to stay as I was only there for the one night. I decided to go out that night and have a few extra beers to enable me to sleep there, and I did sleep well. The next morning I took breakfast and that was excellent, and then availed myself of the free transfer to the airport. Actually, thinking back, everything in the room was good apart from it's appearance...the water was hot, the TV had many English channels, there was a safety deposit box in the room, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was good and so on.
I guess that the good reviews of this hotel were by people who stayed in the upstairs rooms and perhaps those rooms are nice. I definitely wouldn't stay in the mirror room again and perhaps I paid the price for being a "cheap charlie"!

Room Tip: If you're easily shocked or offended, don't take the mirror room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank bahtboy
udonstar, Owner at Udon Star Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Yes, you are right, this room is not for everyone. It is no more offered on Latestays. We thought that the name of this room was enought to tell what it is.
Thank you for your remark, that informed us about this problem. You are also very right for the other rooms, all the comments refer to them.
Haderslev, Denmark
Reviewed 12 January 2012

From Khamphong and Per from Denmark. Myself and my Thai born Wife stayed here almost 4 weeks in october 2011. The Staff were helpfull and served a very good breakfast every morning. The room was big and clean and with a good safe. The air conditioning worked great and there was a ceiling fan over the bed. The bed was large and comfortable. Great TV and free WI Fi. Modern clean bathroom with bath tub was super. There is fitness on the second floor and a lounge area where you can watch TV. Walking distance to shopping and Night Marked . We have nothing negative to report about this great Hotel. A great THANKS to all the staff from this wonderfull Hotel from Khamphong and Per . Will come back!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank permaiboell
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Myself and girlfriend stayed here two nights and loved it. The Thai host was very nice and she cooked us breakfast every morning. The deluxe room was like being in a condo. The over sized air conditioning worked great and there was a ceiling fan over the bed which could be operated by remote control. The bed was large and comfortable with nice thread count sheets. Flat screen TV with cable and a modern clean bathroom with bath tub was super! There is a small gym on the second floor and a lounge area where you can watch TV. Walking distance to shopping malls. I have nothing negative to report about this place. Will come come back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple