“Average City Centre Hotel”
Review of Ton Koon Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Udon Thani
Ton Koon Hotel
Ranked #44 of 53 Hotels in Udon Thani
Thailand
“Average City Centre Hotel”
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Udon Thani, Thailand-Ton Koon Hotel
50/1 Makkang Rd.
Amphoe Muang Udon Thani, Thailand 41000
Tel: 042-326-336 to 45
Fax: 042-326-359 to 50
Old style city centre hotel probably stretching back to the Vietnam War.
Room 416, 700 Baht, Big room with 2 nice chairs, air-con, mini-fridge (with drinks if you choose to pay) 2 free 500 ml. waters, tissue, soap, desk, drawers large closet, free wi-fi plus free use of computer downstairs, free buffet breakfast and it has a comfortable bed. Karaoke and massage if you choose.
TV; 84 channels, 10 in English; BBC, Fox News, Al Jazzera, NHK, Bloomberg, Euro Sport, 2 movie channels, Australia and News Asia.
Note; some renovation going on upstairs!
Yeah, it is OK, everything works. I wanted to be in central part of town by the nice big park; Nong Prachak.
SECOND thoughts; wi-fi sucks, actually it doesn't work at all! “Sorry”! Downstairs computer is ancient and contaminated with viruses, “Sorry”. It has no security software of any kind! I spent almost four hours trying with a slow connection on an old Windows XP system again trying to download security through www.download .com various free spoftware; AVG, Malewarebytes and Superantispy. I got 2 out of 3 done before I had to go to sleep. I gave instructions, from me, an old man, with various internet skills. I think I did a pretty good job. They need to complete the installations and update and scan to be pretty, pretty, pretty sure they now have a clean machine.
Phone, in room does not work at all, not even to call operator! “Sorry”. Service is reluctant, in my opinion.
There is a lack of maintenance or care. Little things. Toilet seat not secure, sink water comes out crooked, tub and sink water has small black specks coming out. I'd say the place was worn. I really hate to complain but “you” want to know the negative parts, right? “Sorry”!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo