“Beautiful and sad history!”

Boldt Castle and Yacht House
Thousand Island Helicopter Tour Including Boldt and Singer Castles
US$429.51*
Ultimate Thousand Islands Helicopter Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: This 120-room labor of love was built by a wealthy businessman for his wife.
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We were at the Bolt Castle 3 years ago and they were still refurbishing it, but what was done was just beautiful. It's history is a sad one and you will have to find it out for yourself. I don't want to ruin it for you. We are going back this summer as our son is to be married at the Castle. Can't wait it is going to be great. If you get up to the Alexandria Bay area it is one of the sites to see.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,588)

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I first traveled to Boldt Castle with my family when I was eight. For years afterword, my mother would talk about that travel experience -- in particular, the heartache experienced by George Boldt upon the passing of his beloved wife.

Many years later, I returned to Boldt Castle, with my wife and son, and the experience was still beautiful and haunting. In fact, when we decided to decorate our walls with prints of places we had traveled, one of the first was of the castle.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

My wife and I in September 2013 took a two week bed and breakfast trip from NYC to upstate NY and into the 1000 Islands area.
We spent a day visiting Boldt Castle and Yacht House. It is truly astonishing the beauty of the Castle, Yacht House and the whole area. The history and story of the Boldt family while real in many ways mimics a fairy tale. This man Alexander Boldt comes to America with essentially nothing and the mingles and develops the wealth that brings him into close proximity and even relationships with the Astors, Vanderbilts, etc.
Make a day of this trip and even better make a trip to the 1000 Islands.
We loved it!
Ira and Frances Schulte
NYC

1  Thank Ira S
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Went on a day trip to Alexandria Bay, NY. Must say this is one of my favorite places to go visitin this area! Boldt casel is a beautiful castle with such a romantic intentions turned dark behind the history of this place. Beautiful time to go is in the summer, enjoy the landscaping and lawn that looks out to the 1000 islands.

1  Thank TheHolmesFamily
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Viewed as a young child with my parents when it was in a state of ruins and have returned on many occasions with my children and now with my grandchildren. Now that Iam growing old I still feel the mystical charm and beauty of this wonderful place and can only imagine what a great love story this place holds true to its heart shaped island and historical heritage. Many great memories and heart break for the Boldt family but a great peace of history for our generation and hopefully future generations to come. Thanks to the Boldt estate and the Bridge authority for the vision to allow this beautiful place to be preserved and enjoyed in the future. You really must share in the memories. Sincerely Brent Nixon Summerstown Ontario

4  Thank Brent N