“Great stay”

Capt.'s Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
“Great stay”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Staying for pirates weekend, checked in yesterday and so far so good. Maid service was on point and check-in was simple. We made our reservations a month ago on the phone with dana and it was nice to check in by the same person who took our reservation. Relaxed atmosphere and easy going staff have made the begining of our stay memorable and has set the pace for a fun filled family weekend! The only negative being no coffee pots in rooms but there is a coffee bar available in the office. Overall clean rooms, pleasant staff, good service and plenty of parking, highly recommend!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ryba B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Albany ny
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Finally had a chance to visit the Alexandria bay area, and am happy to say I will be returning!! We arrived in the bay last Friday and had the best experience with the front desk! Not only were they able to direct us to our uncle Sam boat tour we were scheduled for, they also were able to answer every question about the shops, wineries, and the attractions the bay had to offer during our stay! Our rooms were clean and had the basics... flatscreen t.v, mini fridge/freezer, dressers, wifi etc. There weren't any phones in the room not a big deal for us, we all prefer our cells anyway! Our stay was comfortable and the chamber maids definitely deserved every bit of the tip we left! When we returned to the inn on the second night, our rooms looked like we had just checked in. Checking out the next day was sad! None of us wanted to leave so we had to get up early to take advantage of the beautiful pool and venture outback, were the view off the docks is definitely worth stopping and taking some pics! I can't wait to come back and will definitely stay here when I do!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank tishajade
Fort Drum, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I just stayed here and this place is GREAT!!!. Very friendly staff, house keeping very helpful, very clean room like the updates that have been done. Kids enjoyed the pool. This is the right place to stay for the money, I can definitely see why people keep coming back year after year. I liked the fact that it is within walking distance to everything. I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Juice8308
Richmond va
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Recently stayed at capts inn and suites and was very impressed! Its been many years since my family has been to the bay area and staying here was an excellent choice! We were close to downtown and had a chance to take an uncle Sam boat tour! Checking in was easy and overall the entire staff that we met were some of the nicest people you could hope for. They truly made us feel right at home and we will definitely be back next year!!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank ryleighadison
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Friendly staff. Best place for the $$. Room was clean. A great place to stay for a night or a week. A great location easy to find and close to all the attractions. Will stay again next year on our family get away.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Oneida, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2014

DIRTY-POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE-OVERPRICED...My family and I stayed in Alexandra Bay for a short 3 night family getaway. We researched several hotels before deciding on Captains Inn and Suites. We stayed in a one room efficiency (2 king beds plus fold out couch) since we have a family of 5 and the regular sized room would not accommodate us. Upon arrival, the overall location was clean and welcoming outside. Our room, however, was a different story. We arrived in our room to find that it smelled really closed up and old. There were gnats flying around the room and bathroom. Outside our door was a bin of dishes labeled with our room number. The bin sat outside our door for a few hours which prompted me to call the front desk (with my own phone mind you since they do not have any phones in the rooms so make sure you have your own phone or you will not be able to call anyone!). I asked the front desk if the dishes belonged in our room. She stated that housekeeping had to wash them still and would return them clean. A few hours later, housekeeping used their key and WALKED RIGHT INTO OUR LOCKED DOOR, without knocking, with the clean dishes. Why weren't the dishes in our room before check in and why would they just walk in without knocking? The ladies apologized but the damage was done and we now questioned their trustworthiness. As the evening progressed we noticed the room was far from clean. There were cobwebs and spiders in the corners, there was a cobweb and USED tissue (from a previous guest) behind the nightstand, and a dried up booger on the bathroom wall (so disgusting!!) next to the toilet paper dispenser. Because I did not want to ruin the evening with my family, I decided to see if housekeeping would do a better job cleaning the following day while we were out sightseeing. Well, was I wrong! Not only did they not do a better job, housekeeping NEVER even cleaned or straightened our room that day. They were a complete no show. So not only was our room not clean from before our check in, now it had the smell of garbage from the kitchenette garbage not being emptied and wet towels from the bathroom. I went to the front desk to ask why they had not cleaned our room and she had no explanation but said she was sorry. She gave me a garbage bag to put the towels in so I could bring them to the front desk. So I was doing the job of housekeeping at this point. I made the beds, bagged up the towels and took them to the front desk, and mashed the garbage down to make more room. When I complained to the front desk, she said she made a note for the manager to see the next morning. She further stated the manager worked 8-4. I asked for a room credit but she said the manager would have to approve this. The next day, we were out sightseeing and did not return until after 4. The manager must not value the customers because I never received a phone call or apology or anything from him or her. While we were out that day, housekeeping did come in to make the beds, change towels and empty garbage so that was good but they still did not vacuum the cobwebs or any part of the room. With the gnats flying around, the booger on the wall, dirty tissue from previous guest, spiders, and cobwebs, I am disgusted that I stayed in the room for 3 nights. The manager never followed up with me and housekeeping was awful. I will say that the pool was nice though. My kids enjoyed that. We will never stay here again and just be warned that there are people on staff that do not do a very good job of cleaning. Apparently I was the lucky one to have that person as my housekeeper. I definitely did not receive my money's worth either. The room should have been no more than $79 a night. If the room was spotless and customer service outstanding it would be a different story. We plan to visit Alex Bay every year but will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Andrea H
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed there July 6th and 7th of 2014. I've been staying at A-Bay for the last 35 years. For the money, this is the best place in town. We had a king room that was just finished. Real nice as it had a sitting area with a pull out love seat couch. Flat screen TV and an excellent porch. The back grounds is still under construction and that's understandable. Plenty of Ice and soda machines. In walking distance to A-Bay.

The owners have done an excellent job with this place.

We stay at many places around NY and local Canadian towns so I know a good value when I see it.

Great staff.

Keep up the good work!! We will stay again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
#5 of 14 in Alexandria Bay
Rock Ledge Motel
Rock Ledge Motel
#1 of 14 in Alexandria Bay

Been to Capt.'s Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!