“More of a Bar , Less of a Grill. Mediocre food with Bay Views.”

Coleman's Dock of the Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Your options for food are extremely limited in Alexandrea Bay, NY. Which surprises me, in such a tourist area where do the people actually eat. Coleman's Dock of the Bay, doesn't have to do much and hasn't done anything to update themselves in over thirty years. The reason they don't have to do anything in quality or presentation is because they are the only spot directly on the Bay, where you can pull your boat up and park to have a few drinks. It's more a hang out get some beers and bar food. They claim to also be a full on Smoke House. But honestly the smoker gives off a smell of Cow Terds. They should stick to perfecting basics and switch to a better smelling wood for cooking. I don't know why you are serving a New England Lobster style Lobster Seafood Roll. How fresh can this be. How fresh can it be wen every lobster piece looks like a machine cut Lego . The salads need some sprucing up. Give me more then a bag of lettuce and 4 pieces of chicken. I've ordered the salad to be healthy not cheated. Fresh food shouldn't take long to make. But when your defrosting and not cooking that's what happens.
If your going to check this place out or any place in this area. Just realize it's going to be basic and a strange combination of weird NY Upstate non-cultural options. Every place serves Nachos ! Mixed in with some Canadian influences. If your Heath conscious your gonna be disappointed. Plus the entire night life closes up at 8pm. River community my arrse.

1  Thank Artie0001

Reviewed 7 September 2013

found this towards end of trip.wait staff fun and freindly,food was excellent,prices good conieneint docking.will visit again!!!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

On the water over looking the docks when seated on the back deck. We had Barbaque ribs and pulled pork and chicken, all were very good. Only complaint was no porter beers on tap and the coleslaw had to much mayo for me, but my wife liked it.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had a really nice dinner here. As I recall, I had a really delicious panini & my girlfriend had fish & chips which she said were excellent. We sat outside on their back porch, with a view of the boats on the dock. Service was very friendly. We would eat here again.

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Bang bang shrimp. The portion size is a bit large but, the food was great and the staff was courteous and quick.