“A Cozy and Quaint Abode”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alexandria Bay
Pinehurst Motel and Cottages
Buffalo, New York
“A Cozy and Quaint Abode”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed 9/2-9/4. We stayed in a sleeping cabin. At first, I was really annoyed that the cabin wasn't air conditioned, since the weather was about 90 degrees; but, the provided fan did the trick and there's enough windows in the cabin that it cooled right off. The pool is fantastic-clean, refreshing and relaxing. The grounds are well-taken care of. Sure, the cabins need some work-but nothing a little paint wouldn't fix. I like the charm that this is a family business and you can tell they take pride in it when they ride in the golf carts down by the river just to watch the sun set-truly warmed my heart. We loved having our own picnic table and adirondack chairs to sit in. We truly felt like we were camping, but still had our own bathroom and amenities.

The Bay is only a couple minutes away-so our trip to Boldt Castle was a success!

We are even thinking of coming back next year with relatives to rent the larger cottages-this place is amazing.

By 10pm, you could hear a pin drop outside-which is surprising for Labor Day weekend. I loved it.

Don't let the other negative posts fool you like it almost did me. I was very skeptical before I came here based on those posts...but I'm glad I formed my own opinion!!!

Room Tip: Bring your own tissues, paper towels, etc.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank waterfalls06

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Mallorytown
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Arrived at Pirates Weekend and needed a cab.... Bob the Owner was saddened that I wasn't able to get a cab immediately and offered to drive myself and my Fiance` into town to enjoy the festivities....NOT only did Bob do that but he came back to pick us up at 11:00 pm to make sure we had a ride home... KUDOS to Bob.... Very pleasant stay and super friendly people... Even Jim on the desk did his absolute best for us... MANY MANY THANKS to Pinehurst....Sincerley Corey Earle from Mallorytown Canada....

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Corey E
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Boat ramp is most difficult I've experienced in 17 years of boating -- the dent in front fender on my new truck is proof. Even the cleats on the docks are loose and much too small for anything other than fishing line.

The cabins are poorly maintained. The floors feel weak and terribly unlevel. Bathroom caulk is black -- white where it was clean in some areas.

Our kids got yelled at for playing at 845 on a Monday night. This was the second time we were lambasted in less than 24 hours for nothing more than average vacation behavior. The first time was at midnight for nothing more than talking at a normal level on the screened patio. Owners apparently care very little about guest enjoyment and satisfaction, as well as anything other than money in their pockets.

Considering our group rented 6 cabins, as well as 6 dock spaces and purchased dozens of bags of ice a day, any treatment would be better than what we received. Needless to say our group -- which spent thousands of dollars in less than a course of a week -- won't be back.. And this is only our second day here.. Undoubtedly the rest of the week should prove interesting.

• Stayed August 2011
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We loved the single bed cabins, clean, accommodating and motorcycle friendly. Will absoutely visit again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, Virginia
Reviewed 1 July 2011

had a horrible experience at this place. The cottages and hotel rooms are old and in poor shape. The hot water heater went out during my shower and the owner? or maintenance came to take a look at it, it could not be repaired and needed to be replaced. I was never offered money back or offered a new room so I left. I have stayed previously in the cottages and they are falling apart. The staff is very unprofessional, the maids look like hookers and crackheads. It is far overpriced for what is offered.

Room Tip: avoid like the plague
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
jddecker
Reviewed 13 August 2010

stayed her aug 3rd. in the front motel, i believe the less expensive option for the place.. small room, but spotless with 2 Q beds, a comfortable!! Bet the place hasent changed in 50 or 60 years and I like that!!!! My next stop was at a family lake camp in ONT that hadn't changed in ah hundred! AC was loud but I bet you'd be fine with the window open instead. We hit a record heatwave.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank jddecker
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 July 2010

This place is great. My family has been coming here for many years, and always look forward to returning. It's more for families with kids. The cabins are older, but well maintained and clean. The grounds are spotless. The owners care about this place and their guests. Yes like many places in the 1000 Islands, it's old and not like a Ritz, but it's well kept. I always sleep well because it's absolutely silent at night. So affordable it's surprising, given what you pay these days to stay in large hotel chains or even in downtown Alex Bay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
#8 of 14 in Alexandria Bay
Otter Creek Inn
Otter Creek Inn
#1 of 14 in Alexandria Bay

Been to Pinehurst Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!