“Cheap Family Fun”

Bay Drive-In Theater
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My kids and I love to visit the Bay Drive-In when we are in the North Country. I didn't know it existed until about 2 years ago and I feel like I've been missing out. The movies are affordable and the food at the snack bar is not that expensive. I love the fact that I can take myself and 2 kids to the movies for less than $25 and that INCLUDES snacks.

They offer recent movies and the option to cross-over from one screen to the next for a small fee.

A must visit on your next trip.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"admission"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The cash only policy helps keep the price down. Those who complained about how close cars are must really hate theaters. Bugs? Sure but if you plan ahead bug spray and a shear fabric for car windows works great. You can set your own sound level, bring food and drinks that you want, or buy treats there.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Cashier was very unpleasant and rude. You cant leave the windows down or sit outside or you will get eaten alive by mosquitoes. Cant use a credit card, must have cash only. Black river drive ins is so much more professional and no bugs, they accept cards, and the quality of the movie projection on the screen is so much nicer.

2  Thank walterwhiteheis
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Drive ins have to be one of our favorite things to do during the summer months, in which.we've been to afew other drive ins in Upstate NY and also Illinois. This one in peticular we really liked. Had a womderful time. So, pack up a cooler of snacks or buy them at their concession stand, lay down some.blankets and tune in to their station on your.car speakers.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I didn't think these places existed anymore. What a trip! We sat in a parking lot & watched a movie thru my windshield. The prices were MORE than reasonable (I think it was only $6 per person), & you can even catch a double feature. There is a snack bar too if you need it. The sound is broadcast via your car radio on 106.1 FM--- no crappy external window speakers. Our only problem was that the "smart" electronics of my car kept turning my car off after every 15 minutes... so I had to restart the accessories to get the movie sound back! We had a nice time here, & it is VERY easy to get to from the heart of Alex Bay.