“Free Wine Tasting”

Thousand Islands Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the most breathtakingly beautiful places on earth, the Thousand Islands Region is an international tourism destination located along the eastern shores of Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River. It is home to many quaint villages and sits just along the border between the United States and Canada. This region was named after the 1,793 islands that are nestled within this scenic international waterway. With recent advances in cold hardy grape production, the Thousand Islands is quickly becoming one of New York State’s fastest growing wine regions. The Thousand Islands Winery was the first winery in the region and boasts not only multiple acres of vineyards, but also breathtaking scenery, a fun and unique tasting room atmosphere, and of course award winning wines!
Watertown, New York, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Free Wine Tasting”
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Whenever friends come to the Islands we include a visit to the Thousand Island Winery to taste their wide variety of award winning wines. You can taste 10 wines for free or 20 for $5.00 ( your fee gets you a wine glass to take home). The side trip is worth it regardless of you purpose in traveling to the Thousand Islands.

Campbell, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Favorite”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

TI Winery has the best wine! North Country Red is my favorite. Their wine slushies are AWESOME! We stop in every time we are in the area.
My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at the Thousand Islands Winery. It was great! The staff was awesome! The place was beautiful! We chose the loft area above the tasting room...gorgeous! Has a wonderful romantic feel. I was so happy with everything! I made sure to buy a big bottle of my favorite wine on the way out too ;-)

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“nice tour great wine”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

tour guide was smart and friendly the wine is great and i learned a lot about cold weather varieties of grapes also about the way that the local climate and soil conditions produce wines w a unique character and taste that is becoming known throughout the wine world.

Drewsville, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Neat”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Very friendly staff. Great wine tasting. Good prices. Well organized, easy to find layout of their products. Highly recommend..

Niskayuna, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Not a wine I didn't enjoy!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

4 Samples are free
6 are for one dollar
and 10 for 5 dollar plus you keep the wine glass!

There wasn't a wine that I tried that I didn't like. I only tried 6 samples but I would have tried 10 if I hadn't been driving. They just came out with a Mead that is more flavorful then any other mead I've ever tried. It was hard picking out favorites and seeing which wines to take home. The service is great the ladies helping us were extremely friendly even though we arrived on a chaotic day of them trying to set up for an event.

Would absolutely stop back and tried to get a tour next time. I completely forgot that was something they offered.