We were pleasantly surprised. Our experience was comfortable and enjoyable. Having called the hotel a couple of weeks before our stay, I found the service to be outstanding right from the initial phone call. The room descriptions by the reservationist were completely accurate. The hotel was quite sold out by the time I booked our reservation a couple of weeks before our stay. My requests were very specific. I was accurately informed of the view and the bedding of the rooms we stayed in for the weekend. Here's the way to go here - the hotel is updating itself. So, 1. request a renovated room, 2. be specific as to the view you expect. We found the restaurant to be needing updating. The view from the front porch of the restaurant is of Boldt Castle and the St Lawrence River. I really wonder why they have not put a bar outside at this one of a kind locations. Alex Bay needs an upscale outdoor bar - this could be it. The wrap around porch is reminiscent of a charmed period. While we were there a couple of employees, in particular, stood out to us - Courtney in the dining room has energy to spare and an attitude that beams brightness. And, Alice, the housekeeping manager was extra sweet in ensuring that we had everything we needed for our rooms. Overall, our weekend stay was super and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of the St. Lawrence River in Alexandria Bay, New York, Bonnie Castle Resort is your gateway to the breathtaking beauty of the Thousand Islands. A world of beauty, history, and relaxation awaits you at Bonnie Castle Resort. Enjoy fine dining in our Manor House Restaurant, grab a sandwich on the dock at The Pointe Bar and Grill, relax by the pool, or simply sip a cocktail on our expansive decks overlooking Boldt Castle on Heart Island. Visiting by boat? Take advantage of our full-service marina. Whether you're looking for a fun family getaway or a perfect spot to host your wedding or other event, Bonnie Castle Resort and the Thousand Islands region offer something for everyone. We look forward to making your stay as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. Please note that Bonnie Castle Resort is under new ownership and management as of May 2012. Come visit and see what's new as we update this property in a manner deserving of its rich history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Bonnie Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bonnie Castle Hotel Alexandria Bay
- Bonnie Castle Alexandria Bay